Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set your firmware replaced the file with the nexbox 95 x 1gb 8 gb prefix change file " remote", but the panel cannot start a prefix,
    what I still need to make that I could include a prefix the panel

Comment

Hello I have to ask as not really sure But I have a TX3pro with s905x and 1/8g wondering if this rom will work on it as I see it says it will work on a TX5pro anyone have the answer before I try as I have afew of these boxs Thank you

Comment

I just purchased a new M8S Mini II and no matter what firmware I try to flash in USB Burning Tool, I get this error at 7%: [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/send command/Time out.

I've flashed my older M8S Mini IIs several times without issue using the same method.

Does anyone know what this error means and how to fix it?

Comment

Can someone please repack this rom:

Originally posted by joao.feijo View Post
          4.5 Fixed Link
          https://mega.nz/#!20ZhySAD!UGl85KSsk...-U4L57tFECdYeo
          Really Fast, amazing work
          CouldnĀ“t make recovery work
          My childrenĀ“s favorite game Lego Star Wars Complete Saga Force closes

with stock nexbox logo and without twrp recovery (with classic android recovery) because "toothpick reset" doesn't work with twrp on my box...or can someone guide me how to repack?
          I tried to replace these with files from my original A95x image: "recovery.PARTITION" and "logo.partition" from level1 and than also folders "recovery" and "logo_res" in level2...but I got an error...
          Any idea why I am getting this error?: "Fail to pack images to complete image"
          Last edited by fluoir; 02-22-2017, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            I just purchased a new M8S Mini II and no matter what firmware I try to flash in USB Burning Tool, I get this error at 7%: [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/send command/Time out.

I've flashed my older M8S Mini IIs several times without issue using the same method.

Does anyone know what this error means and how to fix it?
            Why don't you try the ZIP Version (unzip the content in a empty sd card insert and reboot in recovery with toothpick method to install / or by installing the terminal app and typing "reboot update") ?
            I have installed Xannytech's ROM this way without problems.

Here's the latest XannyTech beta in ZIP format:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

and here you may find the official ROMs / Firmwares (use google chrome and "translate to english" to read as this forum is in russian)

Notice that the Firmwares from the Russian forum may have a different logo because the box is sold there as Vontar Mini M8s II.

Comment

Hello everybody
              Just bought a mini m8s ii mainly for viewing movies and live sports from kodi addons. If i install this custom rom, will it improve my experience pls? The box is connected to a 55inch 4k uhd tv, and sd content and even 720p content is not smooth and pq is not so good. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrboxoid View Post
                Hello everybody
                Just bought a mini m8s ii mainly for viewing movies and live sports from kodi addons. If i install this custom rom, will it improve my experience pls? The box is connected to a 55inch 4k uhd tv, and sd content and even 720p content is not smooth and pq is not so good. Thanks.
                In my case it's by far faster, more stable and smoother than the stock rom.

Comment

Can somebody guide me how to install the custom rom?

Comment

Can somebody guide me how to install the custom rom?
                    Follow the steps written in the first post. I used the Zip Version.

ZIP Version

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Unzip the content in a empty SD card, insert and reboot in recovery with toothpick method or by installing the terminal app from play store and typing "reboot update" to install.

It's better to use this method starting from a stock firmware because the script will automatically copy remote.conf and dtb.img from your system to the new rom.

Comment

One other question, will i be able to install any android apps after installing the custom rom? From playstore or from internet browsers?

Comment

One other question, will i be able to install any android apps after installing the custom rom? From playstore or from internet browsers?
                        Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post

Why don't you try the ZIP Version (unzip the content in a empty sd card insert and reboot in recovery with toothpick method to install / or by installing the terminal app and typing "reboot update") ?
                          I have installed Xannytech's ROM this way without problems.

Here's the latest XannyTech beta in ZIP format:

and here you may find the official ROMs / Firmwares (use google chrome and "translate to english" to read as this forum is in russian)

Notice that the Firmwares from the Russian forum may have a different logo because the box is sold there as Vontar Mini M8s II.
                          I have tried flashing this way. I've tried the vontar firmware, official mini m8s ii firmware, as well as this firmware... both the sd card and usb burning methods... nothing works. I also can't install the terminal app because the box is bricked. My PC still recognizes the box, but again, I can't get it to progress past 7%.

If I use USB burning tool, I get stuck at 7% with the aforementioned error. If I flash using the sd card method, I get what looks to be the recovery screen with the green android logo saying 'installing firmware' (or something along those lines).... however this screen doesn't look right... the android logo is not green... it looks glitched with multiple colors; and the firmware doesn't actually install... it just hangs at this screen. I have left it for over an hour with no progress to the installation.

I have a replacement box being sent to me, however I'm afraid of installing a different firmware because this might happen again. The firmware that came with my new M8S Mini II had the same issue as my other M8s Mini IIs, and installing the vontar firmware solved it on my other boxes, however it bricked this particular box. I've installed firmwares on my boxes several times without issues, I dunno why this box is giving me problems,

It would be nice to know what that errors means. I was hoping that it meant that this particular box has a faulty component that is stopping me from flashing the firmware. That would make me feel comfortable flashing my replacement box once it comes.

Comment

I want to add some apps to this rom so they can preinstall at the first boot...I have found the "apks.zip" folder in media/system/level2 . I have successfully repacked rom but only few apps of those I added to the apks.zip were installed ...is there something else I am missing and needs to be changed?
                            Last edited by fluoir; 02-23-2017, 20:54.

Comment

I succesfully installed this custom rom. Now I have HDMI self-adaptation working, and even SPMC auto refresh rate is working. Which is the best one to use? Or should I enable them both?

Comment

I succesfully installed this custom rom. Now I have HDMI self-adaptation working, and even SPMC auto refresh rate is working. Which is the best one to use? Or should I enable them both?
                                These are the optimal SPMC settings for a non Shield android tv box

As for the Playback / HDMI self-adaptation settings, I have not touched them to be honest, so I do not have an opinion on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X