Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Rusia with love

Solving the problem with the "black screen" (black shadows or low brightness)
    Thank you "crazzian"

1. Download the archive https://yadi.sk/d/94s27z7L33Uxuf
    Select any video file!
    2. Rename the video file in the "bootvideo", the extension does not specify (empty file extension).
    3. Copy to Folder
    \ System \ etc \
    We confirm the replacement (if necessary, who is there before you can rename the file).
    3. Expose the permissions 644 (rw-r - r--), if they are different.
    4. In the file
    \ System \ build.prop
    Modifies the parameter to 1
    service.bootvideo = 1
    5. Reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
      Some news on my work on this Custom Rom

Actually i have ready a new revised version of the Rom, but i'm waiting if someone can give me v107 firmware (if really exist).
      What i did until today:
      - Init.d Support Built in (without any external program);
      - Removed Init.d Zipalign script pratically unuseful on 6.01;
      - Added Sd speed optimization tweak:
      - Fixed a unharmful and almost invisible linking bug caused by Amlogic Customization Tool that i used for fast customization process.
      - Added in Kernel AutoRefresh Chmod Permissions;
      - System Memory optimizations;
      - Updated some apk;
      - Removed some unuseful APK

To do before release (i hope):
      - Add Reboot Option on power menu - but it gave me many headaches.
      - Chromecast Service
      - Reworking on more elegant solution for some fixes.

After that release if all will be OK, i will just work on a Android TV Version, probably unaploadable on forums cause i should use so many dirty hacking to apks, but i hope i can find a more "elegant" way.
      Sounds great.

In terms of the 'Added in Kernel AutoRefresh Chmod Permissions' I'm curious to know what elements required a change of permissions for the feature to work.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Sounds great.

In terms of the 'Added in Kernel AutoRefresh Chmod Permissions' I'm curious to know what elements required a change of permissions for the feature to work.
        A stupid editing in the init part

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
          Xanny, when you have time, could you plrase upload your kodi.apk from rom? Thanks.
          Kodi 17 beta 6

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
            From Rusia with love

Solving the problem with the "black screen" (black shadows or low brightness)
            Thank you "crazzian"

1. Download the archive https://yadi.sk/d/94s27z7L33Uxuf
            Select any video file!
            2. Rename the video file in the "bootvideo", the extension does not specify (empty file extension).
            3. Copy to Folder
            \ System \ etc \
            We confirm the replacement (if necessary, who is there before you can rename the file).
            3. Expose the permissions 644 (rw-r - r--), if they are different.
            4. In the file
            \ System \ build.prop
            Modifies the parameter to 1
            service.bootvideo = 1
            5. Reboot.
            I was working on a similar workaround time ago, but it's not stable. i will check the video later.
            It simply substitute the Mbox bootvideo with another one trying to reproduce the "magic" some user reported after playing a video.
            But anyway let me know. I'll add it in my next version by default

Do please this simple test for me, simply edit /Sytem/build.prop line: service.bootvideo=1 then reboot i left in my Rom a modded bootvideo should have the same effect.
            Just to be sure Thanks
            Xanny
            Last edited by Xannytech; 12-15-2016, 21:40.

Comment

A stupid editing in the init part
              In the /sys/class/display area?

I did the same kind of thing in a .rc file for an RK3229 mod where there was an additional HDMI folder, so just wondered which files required modifying in the same manner in AMLogic space so to speak.

Comment

In the /sys/class/display area?

I did the same kind of thing in a .rc file for an RK3229 mod where there was an additional HDMI folder, so just wondered which files required modifying in the same manner in AMLogic space so to speak.
                In Init.amlogic.rc
                Code:
                # HDMI/LCD switch
                    chown system system /sys/class/display/mode         <-after that line
                [COLOR=#FF0000]    chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode[/COLOR]

Comment

In Init.amlogic.rc
                  Code:
                  # HDMI/LCD switch
                  chown system system /sys/class/display/mode <-after that line
                  [COLOR=#FF0000] chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode[/COLOR]
                  Just what I thought.

Thank you.

Comment

IF the "Russians" colorspace workaround works
                    put this in my rom Etc/Init.d (before you have to enable init.d support with universalinit.d app that is yet in actual firmware, wit the next version it's enabled by default)
                    Code:
                    #!/system/bin/sh
                    #Video brightness stock level

echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/video/vpp_brightness
                    Exactly like it is (blank line at the end included) with an editor call the script :
                    05videobrightnessdefault
                    give to it 755 permissions just to be sure.

Comment

IF the "Russians" colorspace workaround works
                      put this in my rom Etc/Init.d (before you have to enable init.d support with universalinit.d app that is yet in actual firmware, wit the next version it's enabled by default)
                      Code:
                      #!/system/bin/sh
                      #Video brightness stock level

echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/video/vpp_brightness
                      Exactly like it is (blank line at the end included) with an editor call the script :
                      05videobrightnessdefault
                      give to it 755 permissions just to be sure.
                      It will be interesting to see if that does improve colour reproduction as I have generally sound with the new S905x/S912 SOCs that colours are rather soft in comparison with Rockchip and lack punch.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if that does improve colour reproduction as I have generally sound with the new S905x/S912 SOCs that colours are rather soft in comparison with Rockchip and lack punch.
                        About the workaround? I think all the S905x Boxes output correctly in full colorspace profile, many old tv or silly tv "presume" you're using a device that output in limited colorspace, and obviously gave a darker image losing colorscale. So if the workaround breaks the colorspace setting and the box output is in limited you should have gain on colorscale.
                        Depthcolor setting in MINI M8SII probably do somthing about the lack of color reproduction.
                        Last edited by Xannytech; 12-15-2016, 23:41.

Comment

I flash this with my tx5 pro with new wifi hardware. Wifi not working (probably will not work). Anyways to make wifi work? My tx5 pro wifi is Qualcomm QCA9377 WiFi chipset

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                            I flash this with my tx5 pro with new wifi hardware. Wifi not working (probably will not work). Anyways to make wifi work? My tx5 pro wifi is Qualcomm QCA9377 WiFi chipset
                            You need wifi drivers module from original fw, i think you can't by yourself.

Comment

Can you give a simple steps on how to port wifi driver?

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                                Can you give a simple steps on how to port wifi driver?
                                have you a link to your original fw?

Comment

Working...
                                X