Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

Be careful with the X96, quite a few of us have noted that it loses 1 gig of ram when it has the firmware flashed. There is a fix posted somewhere, i don't currently have it handy. Personally, any box that loses 1 gig of ram when it gets flashed usually means that ram is fake and such and such. I sent mine back. I figured $35 was too good to be true, and it was!
    hi Kuno,
    the device do not loses memory... they are a fraud... selled for 2gb but you cannot fill more than 1gb also if rom say you got 2
    There are also many users in Russia convinced that S905X boxes can reach 2Ghz... but Amlogic S905X is1.51Ghz.. sometimes reading their forum is funny.
    Just remember all these boxes are 25/30$ chinese devices... If some developers like me did some miracles is a plus, but they are and remain 30$ devices!

Comment

Yes I had 2 tested and confirmed as 2 gig. The emmc is the weak link in that device. Add in clone of a clone??? If you flash anything but the stock it screws ram and memory to read incorrectly. There is a fix to take back to 2 gig for ones that are in fact 2 gig. Drove me insane trying to fix. And find the issue. Only one firmware works correctly. Super or Xanny will run but with memorry issues reporting as one gig /8 gig on 2/16 device. 35 bucks for a useless device. It runs fine on stock few bugs ect but POS device devs cant even polish a turd of this magnitude
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Yes I had 2 tested and confirmed as 2 gig. The emmc is the weak link in that device. Add in clone of a clone??? If you flash anything but the stock it screws ram and memory to read incorrectly. There is a fix to take back to 2 gig for ones that are in fact 2 gig. Drove me insane trying to fix. And find the issue. Only one firmware works correctly. Super or Xanny will run but with memorry issues reporting as one gig /8 gig on 2/16 device. 35 bucks for a useless device. It runs fine on stock few bugs ect but POS device devs cant even polish a turd of this magnitude
        Ah so it's not a fraud, because someone on my thread on XDA wrote that they cannot fill more than 1gb also with original rom... so i thougth it was just a trick to show 2gb.
        So have you found where the problem sits? can you send me link of a working fw... just out of curiosity.
        Libreelec how much memory shows?

Comment

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Think thats it. Yes run ram truth show as good was wierd device i get back 2 Monday so can test some more. The fix to get back actually formats so thinking it in emmc ..

Comment

First boot of this rom... Takes 15 mnt but nothing happen. Just "system loading"... Is it ok?

Edited. Now its running... But true i see the ram is 1 gb only. Is there any fix?

Comment

So... this is the stock rom that works on X96? I will flash it... hope someday Xanny will fix this problem

Comment

Can someone tell me how to flash this. img?

Comment

Usb burning tool.

Comment

Great work Xannytech!

Can you or anyone else tell me a way to enable the lockscreen/keyguard? I can set lock type and set a pin under settings/security, set the display to time out earlier but I'm never challenged by lockscreen/keyguard. I can encrypt the storage successfully (which most other roms don't seem to be capable of doing) and find that if a pin is set there's an option to have keyguard appear at boot that works, but I'll never be challenged by lockscreen/keyguard once the system's booted.

Having multiuser is great, but a bit pointless without a proper lockscreen/keyguard challenge as users can be switched without authentication. If I use the restricted profile option under TV settings, I can set a pin and get a new icon to switch between profiles that prompts for the pin correctly. However there's 2 problems with this. Firstly the device will boot into whatever profile was last in use and won't present lockscreen/kleyguard challenge if it was the unrestricted profile. Secondly the restricted profile can bypass the pin challenge presented by the new profile switching icon, by using the user options under settings which can't be hidden.

I'd really really appreciate some help on this and willing to work on it to make this happen.

I've tried build.prop options, any Xposed modules that might be able to manipulate it's appearance, poking around the file system and reading init.rc scripts etc, 3rd party lock screens, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

The problem is i do not own such device, so i need someone that can do testing with me, very fast and very reliable.
                        Without any help from users i cannot do nothing and i prefer to avoid any problem selling promises.
                        Then the biggest problem is the language, many users are asking for support but do not write in english and mostly uses Google translate... and it's a mess to communicate.
                        Anyway simply remember i cannot give you a "universal" rom working on all the device.

Actually i'm working on a ATV rom i'ts almost ready.
                        HI
                        Thank you for the work you do.
                        Here in Brazil is selling many TV BOX yundoo Y6
                        2gb ram and 8gb internal model ..
                        I can be your betatest, and I will indicate donation to you for the work in this ROM (I will donate), I will make up video showing your ROM.
                        This ROM has Bug gamepad, on dragonrise usb circle open music app, xbox Dpad lef open power menu, on PS3 gamepad L3 open music app ..
                        I installed this app and tweaks for stream, lan and internet was very fast from what is already

Here the link of ROm yundoo, model 2gb / 8gb use RTL8723 wifi / bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Zhite View Post

So... this is the stock rom that works on X96? I will flash it... hope someday Xanny will fix this problem
                          It's not up to Xannytech to fix this. The box is garbage. Buy a better box, or use the stock firmware. Period. I've returned mine, you should do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jonscravit View Post

HI
                            Thank you for the work you do.
                            Here in Brazil is selling many TV BOX yundoo Y6
                            2gb ram and 8gb internal model ..
                            I can be your betatest, and I will indicate donation to you for the work in this ROM (I will donate), I will make up video showing your ROM.
                            This ROM has Bug gamepad, on dragonrise usb circle open music app, xbox Dpad lef open power menu, on PS3 gamepad L3 open music app ..
                            I installed this app and tweaks for stream, lan and internet was very fast from what is already

Here the link of ROm yundoo, model 2gb / 8gb use RTL8723 wifi / bluetooth
                            Http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...y6-tv-box.html
                            I have the Yundoo Y6 32 gig model and this firmware works PERFECTLY with it, I am just unable to get the remote to work properly, even with copying over the remote.conf file from the original firmware.

Comment

It works fine after fix applied to box from the post (forget where ill post it when i get a chance. ) but it does run supers m8111 even with the screwed up memorry its workable lol..

Comment

The remote sounds wierd the remote config shpuld resolve it. If you can post to this thread see if any match it not post yours too maybe someine else see it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X