Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gale View Post
    I know that for a another box. I wanted to say that the antenna will not help.
    OK, exactly what wifi chips uses your motherboard? Azurewave aw-nb197sm but in orginal FW there is no trace of different drivers, so probably are Ap 6212 from a different manufacturer.
    The real problem, i know you will not believe me, sit in this very little copper on the circuit (look at GND ANT on Motherboard)... it's barely an antenna (less than 1,5cm of thin copper)... i don't know any software that can make it grow it and shape like a real one.

Comment

I put the antenna. You're right wifi speed is now much better.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I used the one in the photo attached and it's a way better 2$ but you need to solder a little.
        Anyway the real antenna is the copper one on the motherboard.
        Then in my thought the green heatsink it's a waste if used on the metal one, but i do not know why you need it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6-dBi-RP-SMA-Dual-Band-font-b-WiFi-b-font-antenas-SMA-3G-font-b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	667444

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

NO i have just a beta for standard motherboard. wait 1 1/2 hour if you want to test my beta3 i'm uploading it-.
          Hi Xannytech,

Thanks a ton for your work to this community, appreciate all your work you are giving it for free to us.
          Wanted to check whether you have any Android TV FW for S905X box, i have Nexbox S905X 2GB/16GB configuration and running 2.7 your FW.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
            I used the one in the photo attached and it's a way better 2$ but you need to solder a little.
            Anyway the real antenna is the copper one on the motherboard.
            Then in my thought the green heatsink it's a waste if used on the metal one, but i do not know why you need it.

Click image for larger version Name:	6-dBi-RP-SMA-Dual-Band-font-b-WiFi-b-font-antenas-SMA-3G-font-b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	667444
            I have a similar antenna that I got off the Q7 RK3188 .This antenna I put does a great job. I have a lot of tv box and resentment moment end up with someone else. Metal plates do the job as well as the original antenna. Touching the processor and transfers the heat to the green heatsink.

Comment

Hi Xannytech and thanks for your hard work!! Runs perfectly on mini m8sii.

I have unfortunaly uninstalled spmc, i have reinstalled it from play store.
              I have read that your rom contains spmc optimisations, did i lost them? Do I need to reflash rom?

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyssai View Post
                Hi Xannytech and thanks for your hard work!! Runs perfectly on mini m8sii.

I have unfortunaly uninstalled spmc, i have reinstalled it from play store.
                I have read that your rom contains spmc optimisations, did i lost them? Do I need to reflash rom?

Best regards.
                No, i'm pretty sure you didn't lost them

Comment

I deleted spmc to use kodi before reading the entire topic.

Now i know spmc is better! Thanks Bro you're doing a great job, love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zyssai View Post
                    I deleted spmc to use kodi before reading the entire topic.

Now i know spmc is better! Thanks Bro you're doing a great job, love it!!!
                    The only problem is that i used a newest Spmc that is not on Google market so it's better to download it from here.

Comment

Thanks for the link, i will install this one.

Have a good day!

Comment

I know I'm a nag, but has someone tried installing Magisk on his box?
                        With 'Magisk hide', I can get my annoying TV app to work on my phone without it detecting root.

But when trying to install Magisk on the box from recovery, it can't copy the patched boot.img and doing it from the MagiskManager app, it gives me a list of boot.img locations, but none of them seem to work...

BTW, Xannytech, love both the 2.8 & the TV version! Have them both installed on my two boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by FaTa1-Err0r View Post
                          I know I'm a nag, but has someone tried installing Magisk on his box?
                          With 'Magisk hide', I can get my annoying TV app to work on my phone without it detecting root.

But when trying to install Magisk on the box from recovery, it can't copy the patched boot.img and doing it from the MagiskManager app, it gives me a list of boot.img locations, but none of them seem to work...

BTW, Xannytech, love both the 2.8 & the TV version! Have them both installed on my two boxes.
                          You can't install Boot.img because it's the kernel stuff, extremely harmful for a user to flash a different kernel (not meant for Amlogic S905X) on a Amlogic Box.

Comment

Hi, where do I get this antenna.. Can you pls share the link

Comment

Originally posted by Viggee View Post

Hi, where do I get this antenna.. Can you pls share the link
                              I took it from an old mobile phone.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I took it from an old mobile phone.
                                Thanks.. Let me try

Comment

Working...
                                X