Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to change the screen interface from phone / tablet mode to Android tv mode in this ROM ? few of my games detects the firmware as phone and only allows touch controls, i would like to use my gamepad but that works only on Android TV firmware, but i believe there should be an option to change the compatibility to Android tv mode.
    Can someone please advise on this ?

I'm using Nexbox A95 2gb/16gb

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post
      Is there a way to change the screen interface from phone / tablet mode to Android tv mode in this ROM ? few of my games detects the firmware as phone and only allows touch controls, i would like to use my gamepad but that works only on Android TV firmware, but i believe there should be an option to change the compatibility to Android tv mode.
      Can someone please advise on this ?

I'm using Nexbox A95 2gb/16gb
      You cannot switch easily to Android TV mode...
      You should change all the etc/permissions .xml config files, then probably you need the android tv framework and all the Android tv gapps.
      Anyway it's not a rom fault, the developer of that app has to work a little more programming the game... a good example of good programming is Beach buggy Racing works with gamepad, with touch controls and also with acelerometer controls.
      Last edited by Xannytech; 10-19-2017, 22:50.

Comment

Hi, Xannytech Where did you posted your new XTmod Android tv rom? I can't wait to try it. I searched all posts and couldn't find it. Can you give a link please?

Thank you.
        Last edited by fluoir; 10-20-2017, 18:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

You cannot switch easily to Android TV mode...
          You should change all the etc/permissions .xml config files, then probably you need the android tv framework and all the Android tv gapps.
          Anyway it's not a rom fault, the developer of that app has to work a little more programming the game... a good example of good programming is Beach buggy Racing works with gamepad, with touch controls and also with acelerometer controls.
          Thanks Xannytech , i will try a different game and waiting for your android tv ROM to try it out
          Thanks for all the support

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
            Hi, Xannytech Where did you posted your new XTmod Android tv rom? I can't wait to try it. I searched all posts and couldn't find it. Can you give a link please?
            I posted it in mid august:
            XTMOD Android TV Beta 3 for TvBoxes with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 9082XX, 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8723XX (bluetooth does not work), 8812XX
            If you have a 9377 wifi chip device flash the image, ater the first boot, go to recovery and install this file:
            - wifi 9377 twrp file

Comment

Good morning! I apologize for English, (unfortunately I am an old man and I know slo Italian) use google translator ...
              To update my box until a few months ago I used the "toothpick" method, now things have changed?
              I thank those who want to answer me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roby34 View Post
                Good morning! I apologize for English, (unfortunately I am an old man and I know slo Italian) use google translator ...
                To update my box until a few months ago I used the "toothpick" method, now things have changed?
                I thank those who want to answer me.
                ok old man, i do not think the method of flashing changed so much, usb male to male is the best and less risky way, then usign SdBurn card maker, through recovery. For a matter of free time and for various reason i do not support anymore twrp flashable zips or as wrongly named from someone OTA zip files (they are not OnTheAir files... anyway ).
                N.B.
                Se hai problemi con l'inglese scrivimi via P.M.

Comment

XTMOD Android TV Beta 3 for TvBoxes with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 9082XX, 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8723XX (bluetooth does not work), 8812XX
                  If you have a 9377 wifi chip device flash the image, ater the first boot, go to recovery and install this file:
                  - wifi 9377 twrp file
                  Hello,
                  Can we install this rom on Mini M8S II Smart TV Box 4K Digital Processor Amlogic S905X Quad Core - 2GB + 8GB EU Plug.
                  What else does XTMOD 3.0 have?
                  thank you in advance

Comment

- wifi 9377 twrp file
                    Excellent Android tv Rom, works great on my nexbox 2/16GB with bootloader copied so its perfect, thanks and waiting for final android tv release
                    Thanks Xannytech

Comment

Excellent Android tv Rom, works great on my nexbox 2/16GB with bootloader copied so its perfect, thanks and waiting for final android tv release
                      Thanks Xannytech
                      Bootloader copied? Can you explain... not for me but for the nexbox users what you did?
                      To be very clear i know what you did... but i'd like you to write it here so other nexbox users can do the same and i can reference your message.

Comment

- wifi 9377 twrp file
                        Thank you.
                        So I tried it on my Nexbox A95x and I would like to share details of bugs I have come across.
                        1. I like to use Vysor app for controlling box via LAN with laptop keyboard and when I tried to connect I got message "SystemUI has stopped" and it crashes (dev. options and debugging were on - It works on your XTMOD 3.0).
                        2. Right after initial setup I get message "Unfortunately Android TV remote Services has stopped"
                        3. I have used AML Cusom. tool to add few more apps into apk.zip in /media folder - like eg. my VPN app and Titanium Backup and others. My VPN app got installed but others like Titanium did not.
                        (all added apps were able to install on XTMOD 3.0 rom though)
                        4. When I Power off box with IR remote I can not wake up the box (nexbox remote.conf copied properly). It also doesn't work on XTMOD 3.0 but I remember waking up worked in XTMOD 2.6 beta.
                        5. After few minutes of inactivity box powers off. That wouldn't be the problem itself but I can't wake it up with remote. If I remember correctly there should be power on button setting somewhere in settings but I either can't remember where or it is missing.
                        That is it so far...
                        Also ...just a suggestion...could you make a separate thread for this android tv rom with details what you have changed like you are doing with XTMOD rom?

Comment

Bootloader copied? Can you explain... not for me but for the nexbox users what you did?
                          To be very clear i know what you did... but i'd like you to write it here so other nexbox users can do the same and i can reference your message.
                          Sure, followed the below steps :

1. Use Amlogic Customization tool v2.0.8 and load Nexbox stock rom, for nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb refer this links "http://www.ismallrt.com/nexbox-a95xs905x-firmware-guides/" , when opening the tool will ask the options to unpack, select Level low (unpack first image level) and select all options under it
                          2. After unpacking success, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level1 and copy "bootloader.partition" , "ddr.ush" and "uboot.usb" into a different folder where you can go back later
                          3. Now using amlogic customization tool load the Xanny awesome firmware and repeat step 1
                          4. Now copy the nexbox 3 boot files where you saved in step 2 and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level1 and paste them
                          5. copy and replace all 3 files
                          6. Now return to tool and select Pack, now it will ask for the new image file name, give a different file name and folder where you want to save the image with new nexbox bootloader
                          7. Use Amlogic usb burning tool and flash it to the box, you are all set

Note: if you want to copy the stock remote configuration files please do that before the above steps, to copy stock remote file to your usb drive, go to Root browser and under etc folder select remote.confg copy and save it for future reference in a different drive
                          After flashing the custom rom, go to your usb drive copy the remote.config file and paste it to etc folder

Thats all, you are all set, let me know for any questions.

Comment

Thank you.
                            So I tried it on my Nexbox A95x and I would like to share details of bugs I have come across.
                            1. I like to use Vysor app for controlling box via LAN with laptop keyboard and when I tried to connect I got message "SystemUI has stopped" and it crashes (dev. options and debugging were on - It works on your XTMOD 3.0).
                            2. Right after initial setup I get message "Unfortunately Android TV remote Services has stopped"
                            3. I have used AML Cusom. tool to add few more apps into apk.zip in /media folder - like eg. my VPN app and Titanium Backup and others. My VPN app got installed but others like Titanium did not.
                            4. When I Power off box with IR remote I can not wake up the box (nexbox remote.conf copied properly). It also doesn't work on XTMOD 3.0 but I remember waking up worked in XTMOD 2.6 beta.
                            5. After few minutes of inactivity box powers off. That wouldn't be the problem itself but I can't wake it up with remote. If I remember correctly there should be power on button setting somewhere in settings but I either can't remember where or it is missing.
                            That is it so far...
                            Also ...just a suggestion...could you make a separate thread for this android tv rom with details what you have changed like you are doing with XTMOD rom?
                            follow my write up after your message to load the nexbox boot files so that you can turn on the box with stock remote
                            I agree that systemui has stopped message appearing two time for the first time when you power on but no issues after that, i get clean working rom

Comment

Thank you.
                              That is it so far...
                              OK thanks, i'll check the frameworks before the final release, about Vysor app i need a LOGCAT

If you add programs not suited to work on Android TV they normally will not work. It's Android Tv it's not my rom with a different launcher is totally different.

Decompile and recompile my rom through customization tool aside just decompile level 1 to change bootloader, could cause some problem, because the recovery and because it's compiled in a different way than stock amlogic firmware.

About power off itself it's just that you've to set the sleep thorugh settings.

And about the final comment yes i know i will create another thread i just replied to a user that was asking for my Android Tv beta, i never intended to open a test session here

Comment

Sure, followed the below steps :

1. Use Amlogic Customization tool v2.0.8 and load Nexbox stock rom, for nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb refer this links "http://www.ismallrt.com/nexbox-a95xs905x-firmware-guides/" , when opening the tool will ask the options to unpack, select Level low (unpack first image level) and select all options under it
                                2. After unpacking success, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level1 and copy "bootloader.partition" , "ddr.ush" and "uboot.usb" into a different folder where you can go back later
                                3. Now using amlogic customization tool load the Xanny awesome firmware and repeat step 1
                                4. Now copy the nexbox 3 boot files where you saved in step 2 and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level1 and paste them
                                5. copy and replace all 3 files
                                6. Now return to tool and select Pack, now it will ask for the new image file name, give a different file name and folder where you want to save the image with new nexbox bootloader
                                7. Use Amlogic usb burning tool and flash it to the box, you are all set

Note: if you want to copy the stock remote configuration files please do that before the above steps, to copy stock remote file to your usb drive, go to Root browser and under etc folder select remote.confg copy and save it for future reference in a different drive
                                After flashing the custom rom, go to your usb drive copy the remote.config file and paste it to etc folder

Thats all, you are all set, let me know for any questions.
                                Thanks a lot for your contribution. i'd like to suggest you to decompile just level1 next time, not the whole rom. It's safer.

Comment

Working...
                                X