Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Thanks a lot for your contribution. i'd like to suggest you to decompile just level1 next time, not the whole rom. It's safer.
    I have tested this orescription (actually it is usual way to replace uboot and bootloader) but unfortunately it is not working for my nexbox A95X 2/16.
    I tried with usual Xannytech rom 3 and with ATV betha 3 : in both cases if I do not teplace logo partition then I have some deformed boot logo and then system boot to recovery (TWRP), then that is all, I tried to make factory reset and boot again but got only TWRP. Then I replaced logo partition also with stock one and got not deformed logo boot but then system goes in recovery again. What I am doing wrong???
    I did it before with roms for s96 and GT1 and it works or in worst case I had deformed logo, but system boots properly...???

Comment

OK thanks, i'll check the frameworks before the final release, about Vysor app i need a LOGCAT

If you add programs not suited to work on Android TV they normally will not work. It's Android Tv it's not my rom with a different launcher is totally different.

Decompile and recompile my rom through customization tool aside just decompile level 1 to change bootloader, could cause some problem, because the recovery and because it's compiled in a different way than stock amlogic firmware.

About power off itself it's just that you've to set the sleep thorugh settings.

And about the final comment yes i know i will create another thread i just replied to a user that was asking for my Android Tv beta, i never intended to open a test session here
      Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

follow my write up after your message to load the nexbox boot files so that you can turn on the box with stock remote
      I agree that systemui has stopped message appearing two time for the first time when you power on but no issues after that, i get clean working rom

Originally posted by manvel View Post

I have tested this orescription (actually it is usual way to replace uboot and bootloader) but unfortunately it is not working for my nexbox A95X 2/16.
      I tried with usual Xannytech rom 3 and with ATV betha 3 : in both cases if I do not teplace logo partition then I have some deformed boot logo and then system boot to recovery (TWRP), then that is all, I tried to make factory reset and boot again but got only TWRP. Then I replaced logo partition also with stock one and got not deformed logo boot but then system goes in recovery again. What I am doing wrong???
      I did it before with roms for s96 and GT1 and it works or in worst case I had deformed logo, but system boots properly...???
      A lots of quotes

Thank you guys for help and looking into this. I am trying your suggestions.
      I am currently experiencing the same problem as manvel above.

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post

A lots of quotes

Thank you guys for help and looking into this. I am trying your suggestions.
        I am currently experiencing the same problem as manvel above.
        I will be sharing the image files for nexbox boot loader for both Xanny rom V3 and also Xanny Android tv shortly, you can just flash it using the burning tool

Comment

Thanks a lot for your contribution. i'd like to suggest you to decompile just level1 next time, not the whole rom. It's safer.
          Thanks, yes i meant only level 1 in my first point, may be should be more clearer :-)

Comment

OK thanks, i'll check the frameworks before the final release, about Vysor app i need a LOGCAT

If you add programs not suited to work on Android TV they normally will not work. It's Android Tv it's not my rom with a different launcher is totally different.

Decompile and recompile my rom through customization tool aside just decompile level 1 to change bootloader, could cause some problem, because the recovery and because it's compiled in a different way than stock amlogic firmware.

About power off itself it's just that you've to set the sleep thorugh settings.

And about the final comment yes i know i will create another thread i just replied to a user that was asking for my Android Tv beta, i never intended to open a test session here
            So I made a little unorthodox test. I copied stock nexus SystemUI.apk and pasted it into XTMOD 3.0 rom. Result is the same bug - When I request USB debugging from Vysor computer app same message shows on android "SystemUI has stopped" ("allow USB debugging" should show on android). So by my logic there is a problem with SystemUI.apk not being somehow compatible with usb debugging or with Vysor. What do you think? SystemUI also crashes when I try to do this with Magendanz's Android tv rom.

LOGCAT in attachment, please have a look

Otherwise I love your rom Xannytech Many thanks.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fluoir; 10-23-2017, 14:46.

Comment

So I made a little unorthodox test. I copied stock nexus SystemUI.apk and pasted it into XTMOD 3.0 rom. Result is the same bug - When I request USB debugging from Vysor computer app same message shows on android "SystemUI has stopped" ("allow USB debugging" should show on android). So by my logic there is a problem with SystemUI.apk not being somehow compatible with usb debugging or with Vysor. What do you think? SystemUI also crashes when I try to do this with Magendanz's Android tv rom.

fluoir... i asked for a LOGCAT not for the LOGCAT program...
              Ok.. i'll try to explain myself instead of Google :
              - install Android Platform tools on your computer;
              - go to the directory where you decompressed the file you downloaded (i'm talking about platform tool not any file you downmloaded);
              - type: adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (you have to know your device ip do not type IPOFYOURDEVICE);
              - type adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
              - meanwhile launch your Vysor app and let the system ui crash
              - then send me the .txt file... just chet it before...just in case.

All this with a fresh installed copy of my rom... i can recognize user "modified" one...
              If you're able to do that... probably i can understand what is happening; though if it crashes also on other Android Tv firmware probably that program cannot run on Android Tv.
              Why Andorid TV it's another kind of O.S. it's not standard Androiud with a different launcher, app not designed specifically for Android Tv O.S. could not work.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

I will be sharing the image files for nexbox boot loader for both Xanny rom V3 and also Xanny Android tv shortly, you can just flash it using the burning tool
                Yes could be useful then i can write note post referring to your messages here on the thread on first page.
                About logo distorted it's because my Rom uses 24bit Bitmap but Nexbox bootloader uses 16Bit Bitmap Logo. (i'm not referring to you but because someone was mentioning that).
                Anyway probably this repacking works just on some Nexbox models not on all, there are, i suppose, 30 different motherboards with the same name or Nexbox derivates because is the cheapest motherboard for the manufacturers.

Comment

Yes could be useful then i can write note post referring to your messages here on the thread on first page.
                  About logo distorted it's because my Rom uses 24bit Bitmap but Nexbox bootloader uses 16Bit Bitmap Logo. (i'm not referring to you but because someone was mentioning that).
                  Anyway probably this repacking works just on some Nexbox models not on all, there are, i suppose, 30 different motherboards with the same name or Nexbox derivates because is the cheapest motherboard for the manufacturers.
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Xanny latest Rom for Nexbox A95x 2gb/16gb with nexbox boot loader , this may also work for nexbox 1gb/8gb

Comment

Otherwise I love your rom Xannytech Many thanks.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Xanny latest Rom for Nexbox A95x 2gb/16gb with nexbox boot loader , this may also work for nexbox 1gb/8gb

Comment

fluoir... i asked for a LOGCAT not for the LOGCAT program...
                      Ok.. i'll try to explain myself instead of Google :
                      - install Android Platform tools on your computer;
                      - go to the directory where you decompressed the file you downloaded (i'm talking about platform tool not any file you downmloaded);
                      - type: adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (you have to know your device ip do not type IPOFYOURDEVICE);
                      - type adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
                      - meanwhile launch your Vysor app and let the system ui crash
                      - then send me the .txt file... just chet it before...just in case.

All this with a fresh installed copy of my rom... i can recognize user "modified" one...
                      If you're able to do that... probably i can understand what is happening; though if it crashes also on other Android Tv firmware probably that program cannot run on Android Tv.
                      Why Andorid TV it's another kind of O.S. it's not standard Androiud with a different launcher, app not designed specifically for Android Tv O.S. could not work.

I have already platform tools downloaded. Just don't understand where to type "adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE" from your steps above? Can you clarify please ? there is adb application but it won't open in command prompt it closes right after running

Comment

I have already platform tools downloaded. Just don't understand where to type "adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE" from your steps above? Can you clarify please ? there is adb application but it won't open in command prompt it closes right after running
                        Oh.......
                        Ok open a command prompt in the same directory of platform tools then type:
                        adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (i mean 192.168. etc etc.) so a command for example should be " adb connect 192.168.1.95 " you should note the ip of your device.

Adb cannot connect to your device if you don't specify where your device is.

Comment

Oh.......
                          Ok open a command prompt in the same directory of platform tools then type:
                          adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (i mean 192.168. etc etc.) so a command for example should be " adb connect 192.168.1.95 " you should note the ip of your device.

Adb cannot connect to your device if you don't specify where your device is.
                          Thanks. yes I know what did you mean by IPOFYOURDEVICE

So I am getting this in cmd:
                          C:\Users\F\Desktop\platform-tools>adb connect 192.168.100.42
                          connected to 192.168.100.42:5555
                          C:\Users\F\Desktop\platform-tools>adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
                          error: device unauthorized.
                          This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
                          Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
                          Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

I am getting same "unauthorized" status in Vysor's GUI. Normally there is device's name like "Nexus Player" insted of "Unauthorized" . So It can't detect my device.
                          And LOGCAT.txt stays empty because it never connected. System UI crashed immediately after I clicked "View" in Vysor on PC.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks. yes I know what did you mean by IPOFYOURDEVICE

So I am getting this in cmd:
                            C:\Users\F\Desktop\platform-tools>adb connect 192.168.100.42
                            connected to 192.168.100.42:5555
                            C:\Users\F\Desktop\platform-tools>adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
                            error: device unauthorized.
                            This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
                            Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
                            Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

I am getting same "unauthorized" status in Vysor's GUI. Normally there is device's name like "Nexus Player" insted of "Unauthorized" . So It can't detect my device.
                            And LOGCAT.txt stays empty because it never connected. System UI crashed immediately after I clicked "View" in Vysor on PC.
                            ah ok so the last firmware revision it's a bit more strict about security so on your device should appear a window asking for permission for adb... but on Android TV Rom for a framework problem the windows probably (if you don't see it) will not pop up on your device, but if appears just authorize your pc.

I'm pretty sure vysor app it's not suited to work on Android Tv.
                            Anyway why you need an Android Tv rom?
                            It's very clear to me that you don't know how it works and it's oriented just to multimedia and some games, utilize a different framework, a different market and different apk... but form what i can understand you're trying to force it to work with standard android apps. That's why i'm asking.
                            If Vysor app can be found on the Android Tv Playstore then should work...
                            Android Tv Playstore it's on my Android Tv BETA rom, it's different from the standard Android PlayStore, and has just app meant to work on Android TV.

Comment

Yes you are right, on your xtmod 3.0 rom I always had popup to allow usb debugging when I used Vysor.

You are actually wrong That is exactly why I want an android TV rom because I use my box only for watching shows/movies and android tv interface is best suited for that and best to control with IR remote. I don't have a mouse at home so when I need to use keyboard I use Vysor because it is comfortable and easy to connect to box with my laptop. Before this rom, I was using your xtmod rom which I customized as close as possible to ATV and added leanback launcher to have android tv experience but few things didn't work. Vysor worked there because it didn't have android tv SystemUI so if I won't fix this I will probably go to that setup.

I checked today and - No - Vysor is not on ATV Playstore.
                              It's simple, I just want Android tv rom on my Nexbox A95x without bloatware, maybe some RAM optimizations and Vysor working. That's it.

Ok.. so do you think it is possible to customize this so Vysor can work? Or if not do you have any idea about Vysor alternative that would work (not hardware wifi keyboard)

Comment

Hello Guy's,

I have found for my nexbox A95X a android 7.1 firmware: iron s905x android 7.1 firmware 20170913

I have tested it on my A95X 1G/8G and it is working well, but slow as stock (All Hardware is working so far, but I did not test the IR remote).

If someone feel to customize it... or if someone has the lastest amlogic customization tool (Chinese FTP is down at the momoent) do not hesitate

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X