Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rajawaqas View Post

This is what I m saying mate when I reboot to internal in libreelec it will boot me in twrp instead of andriod rom which u modified(nexbox boot loader) default xanny tech’s working normal (sorry for bad English)
    Try this:

Load P212 twrp in a seperate sd card and reboot to SD and reboot from twrp to systems and now remove the twrp sd card and insert libreelec sd, try rebooting to internal, i tried this and it worked

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

Try this:

Load P212 twrp in a seperate sd card and reboot to SD and reboot from twrp to systems and now remove the twrp sd card and insert libreelec sd, try rebooting to internal, i tried this and it worked
      It is not working in my case l have nexbox S905X 1g 8g. I applied whole procedure u mention but failed (trap in twrp loop)

Comment

ssarava9 i read so many problems... probably due to your recompilation, try to recompile in this way:

1. decompile just Level1 so just first 4 voices on Amlogic Customization tool;
        2. overwrite bootloader stuffs with the one you used;
        3. overwrite recovery with the recovery you downloaded (it's the same, but the program will recaclulate the partitons);
        4. recompile

Comment

i have followed this method which u mention i will report back later when test.
          Last edited by rajawaqas; 11-05-2017, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
            ssarava9 i read so many problems... probably due to your recompilation, try to recompile in this way:

1. decompile just Level1 so just first 4 voices on Amlogic Customization tool;
            2. overwrite bootloader stuffs with the one you used;
            3. overwrite recovery with the recovery you downloaded (it's the same, but the program will recaclulate the partitons);
            4. recompile
            i try xannytech’s Method but still trap in twrp and after install libreelec in sd and boot from internal and still trap in twrp loop.

Comment

ok i undestand something very wrong is in nexbox bootloader (probably it overwrite some recovery locations), so the only way to solve that issue for Nexbox users is to try to solve market crash installing another market through aptoide (yet installed in rom), eventually reinstall also Google play service in the same way.
              Last edited by Xannytech; 11-05-2017, 15:20.

Comment

ok i undestand something very wrong is in nexboxbootoloader (probably overwrite some recovery locations), so the only way to solve that issue for Nexbox users is to try to solve market crash installing another market through aptoide (yet installed in rom), eventually reinstall also Google play service in the same way.
                I m using your standard rom version and I also installed updated version of google play store from apkmirror.com 8.3.42 version after that stop google play error vanished.

Comment

ok i undestand something very wrong is in nexbox bootloader (probably it overwrite some recovery locations), so the only way to solve that issue for Nexbox users is to try to solve market crash installing another market through aptoide (yet installed in rom), eventually reinstall also Google play service in the same way.
                  Kindly expand that topic I can’t understand because I m beginner.which application I install through aptiod?

Comment

Originally posted by rajawaqas View Post

Kindly expand that topic I can’t understand because I m beginner.which application I install through aptiod?
                    ?i'm sorry i can't explain better a so simple task: install google play and google play services from aptoide.
                    Also because you yet solved your problem as stated on your previous message: "I'm using your standard rom version and I also installed updated version of google play store from apkmirror.com 8.3.42 version after that stop google play error vanished."
                    Sometimes i do not really understand what you mean...

Comment

For those using passthrough i just wan't to inform you that the last version of mxplayer (i'm using the "pro" one) can play 4k HDR with dolby and dts passthrough successfully.

Comment

?i'm sorry i can't explain better a so simple task: install google play and google play services from aptoide.
                        Also because you yet solved your problem as stated on your previous message: "I'm using your standard rom version and I also installed updated version of google play store from apkmirror.com 8.3.42 version after that stop google play error vanished."
                        Sometimes i do not really understand what you mean...
                        I m sorry. I misunderstand post. My mind still stuck in nexbox bootloader

Comment

Hi Xannytech....

I drop by here to say thank you for this great work. It works very stable on my x96 2/16 version.

As far as I can report:

I used your original ROM posted in the first post. Flashing with SD Card Method, and replace the remote conf as suggested.
                          At first, the power button of remote can not power on the unit. But the button '2" does the trick, not so annoying, I can live with that.
                          But if there is a simple modification to remote conf that can fix this, I will be glad to try.

DTS passthrough was a problem in KODI 17. But I think it is a problem in KODI 17. I see a lot of complain on that.
                          So I removed that 17.5 and replace it with 16.1 Jarvis because I really need that DTS Passthrough.
                          At first, Jarvis gave me blank green screen, but I managed to fix it by changing the refresh rate in the display resolution setting, Set to 1080 50Hz.

SPMC works out of the box, no problem at all. All DD and DTS passthrough works just fine. I use SPDIF optic cable to connect to my receiver.

I use MK220 wireless keyboard mouse without any problems. 'Enter key" works as it is intended to.
                          The only problem is that I have to hold 'alt+tab' key to swithch between apps. i expect that I dont need to keep holding those keys, just like when I click the 'recent Apps' Icon.
                          Not so annoying, I can always use the Home button and then click the 'recent Apps'.
                          i just hope that the next release will allow me/us to assign keyboard shortcut to home screen apps to run.

I use ORICO 9548u3, 4 bays hard drive enclosure to store 8TB of my movie collection, no problem so far.

Again, Thank You.

Javen

Comment

Hi Xannytech,

Is there a way i can create an img file from my current firmware which has nexbox bootloader and marketfix applied, i'm running my nexbox with its bootloader and no issues , so if i can pack the firmware as a zip maybe its easy for someone to use it as its all applied already.

In the mean time i will try your suggestion to overwrite the recovery partition and test it out

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

Hi Xannytech,

Is there a way i can create an img file from my current firmware which has nexbox bootloader and marketfix applied, i'm running my nexbox with its bootloader and no issues , so if i can pack the firmware as a zip maybe its easy for someone to use it as its all applied already.

In the mean time i will try your suggestion to overwrite the recovery partition and test it out
                              No it's a little bit complicated from a installed rom, you should do some copy of the partitions with "dd" linux command, but the problem is in bootloader not there.

Comment

No it's a little bit complicated from a installed rom, you should do some copy of the partitions with "dd" linux command, but the problem is in bootloader not there.
                                I tried this but it still went to TWRP loop, then followed by old method of using TWRP SD card method and able to install marketfix successfully and rebooted to system, so something wrong with nexbox bootloader and recovery partition in it, anyway i believe its not worth the time when we have work around, happy with XT 3 with nexbox bootloader and google market fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X