Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a little problem. In this great rom, KODI it always starts the first time after rebooting the tv-box ( 6GB free space on my NexBox A95X 2/16 tv-box)
    How to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrimerr View Post
      I have a little problem. In this great rom, KODI it always starts the first time after rebooting the tv-box ( 6GB free space on my NexBox A95X 2/16 tv-box)
      How to fix it?
      ? If it's just spmc that shows "preparing for first start "it's not a problem, it's a cleaning script that cleaned all the junk. Spmc works as it should also if write that after a reboot, you'll lose nothing.

Comment

xannytech I need help
        This is off topic but kindly help me. I have nexbox S905X but after installing nexbox default 7.1 andriod firmware after upgrading there is no option available in youtube app to play videos of 1080p just 720p option available. I installed youtube andriod tv app or simple Youtube app but only 720p option available to stream videos. I successfully played 1080p videos in previous xanny tech firmware. Kindly help?

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

? If it's just spmc that shows "preparing for first start "it's not a problem, it's a cleaning script that cleaned all the junk. Spmc works as it should also if write that after a reboot, you'll lose nothing.
          So this is a KODI problem, not your software right? On my old orginal software KODI shows "preparing for first start " only one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrimerr View Post

So this is a KODI problem, not your software right? On my old orginal software KODI shows "preparing for first start " only one time.
            It's not a problem. XannyTech rom works like this to keep all clean

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post
                is it possible to change bootloader splash screen ? I'd like to have something of my own.
                Anyone ?

Comment

how long for first boot? allready waiting 10 min

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post

Anyone ?
                    I asked this long time ago and this is from Xannytech itself.

Not an easy task, you need to decompile the whole rom, decompress the bootlogo, use an bmp rgb 24bit, recompile the rom, and you'll end losing twrp recovery... and my bootvideo still remain there.
                    Anyway if you can live with my bootlogo, you can easily change bootvideo it's in system/etc/ .

Comment

Great rom.... only thing if i use frequency switch addon in kodi 17 i get a green screen. The picture is ok without switching but would be great with switching

Comment

First off, thanks for your continued work and support for your ROM XT.

I had a few issues that I found answers to, but I still have one kind of nitpicky issue though. When my box reboots or powers on again, the navbar is not visible by default... I have to drag it back up again, even if it was there before reboot. Is there anyway to have it stay there on startup?
                        Last edited by rahzel; 11-30-2017, 07:01.

Comment

Is there any way to make this Rom pass Google's SafetyNet test (which checks for Root, and some Integrity tests) - I know Magisk works for phones but no idea how to put that on this box? Definitely do NOT want any Google security updates dated AFTER Feb 2017 too ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                            First off, thanks for your continued work and support for your ROM XT.

I had a few issues that I found answers to, but I still have one kind of nitpicky issue though. When my box reboots or powers on again, the navbar is not visible by default... I have to drag it back up again, even if it was there before reboot. Is there anyway to have it stay there on startup?
                            No sorry it's a matter of framework... you can try with some build.prop lines you can find googling, but not sure will solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
                              Is there any way to make this Rom pass Google's SafetyNet test (which checks for Root, and some Integrity tests) - I know Magisk works for phones but no idea how to put that on this box? Definitely do NOT want any Google security updates dated AFTER Feb 2017 too ;-)
                              I replied many times to this question. Magisk does not recognize boot partition of our devices, i don't know if the reason is TWRP or Magisk, but for sure it's not my rom
                              Anyway also with Magisk installed you can't pass Safety Net for various reasons:
                              1. bootloader is unlocked;
                              2. Selinux is disabled, not permissive, but disabled.
                              So it's totally unuseful, if it's just for netflix you can download the latest updated app from APKMIRROR.
                              And Chainfire developed a similar su-hide app for his root.

Comment

I replied many times to this question. Magisk does not recognize boot partition of our devices, i don't know if the reason is TWRP or Magisk, but for sure it's not my rom
                                Anyway also with Magisk installed you can't pass Safety Net for various reasons:
                                1. bootloader is unlocked;
                                2. Selinux is disabled, not permissive, but disabled.
                                So it's totally unuseful, if it's just for netflix you can download the latest updated app from APKMIRROR.
                                And Chainfire developed a similar su-hide app for his root.

thanks for the full answers.

I was going to have a play with Magendanz's rom but even with the reset pressed there seems to be no recovery on my box? it just boots into your Rom every time. I know I AM pressing the reset as it WILL tell the machine to shutdown if pressed when the rom has booted. Since I cannot get into recovery I cannot use the SD card update and I dont think I have a USB M-M cable. IS there anything I can do? Will M-M cable definitely work?

Comment

Working...
                                X