• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! Thank You so much!
    Great Job

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      I just added OTA updaters as a flash option, which is considerably smaller than the Amlogic burn package used by USB Burning Tool. It also has the advantage of being able to be installed without wiping user data. The ZIP file is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's recommended for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery (just in case something goes wrong).

If you're installing for the first time, you MUST do the full Amlogic burn package because this ROM requires an initial system partition resize. After that, the OTA updater should be fine for incremental updates, but if you run into trouble you may still need to wipe user data (factory reset).
      Great idea with theTWRP update method, very convenient. I honestly didn't think that I'd stay with the ATV rom version, but it really grew on me and after getting used to the new interface, I don't think I'll be going back . The TWRP update worked great. I then reflashed the wifi chip update and Xposed framework and was back to business within minutes!

Comment

will hd netflix work ? 1080p/4k Youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
          will hd netflix work ? 1080p/4k Youtube?
          Nope.... Correction This hasnt been asked on this thread. So no Netflicks is SD only. You tube may be 1080. Checking it later to see if build prop solves it as it did on another. But pretty sure 1080 only.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

As promised, I rebased this custom ROM on the latest Beelink Mini MX3 II release (v110M0). This should resolve issues with formatting SDs for internal storage, RGB output to Sony and Philips TVs, and gets us the improved SystemUI navigation bar and shutdown UI. Since this SKU ships with the Qualcomm QCA9337, the wireless updater is now for the AMPAK chipsets, which includes drivers and firmware for the following: 62X2, 4353, 4356, 6212, 6255, 6330, 6335, and 43458. The update also substitutes a generic Amlogic S905X logo splash for the Beelink logo.

I've tested the wireless updater on the Mini M8S II, but haven't yet tried other AMPAK boxes. If you are willing to test on one of these others, please let me know the results.

Comment

Okay, it seems that other chipsets that are Broadcom BCM43xx knock-offs are also working with the AMPAK update. I have a report that the Realtek RTL8189ES has functional WiFi, but not Bluetooth. When in doubt, I'd say it's worth giving the updater a try.

Comment

Just a quick note: If you install the AMPAK update, the Mini M8S II kernel changes the power button behavior. Instead of the pop-up menu (Suspend, Shutdown, Reboot), you'll suspend with a normal press and bring up a shut down confirmation dialog with a long press. (This is unlike on the Mini M8S II, where a normal press of the power button shuts down immediately with no confirmation dialog.) I actually prefer this behavior and am working to make it consistent across both kernels.

Comment

Hi all,
                  I have a stock mini M8SII. When plugged in, I just get to the 'GoogleTV' splash screen and no further. What would be my best option to get this working again?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HUMBLExSWAGGER View Post
                    When plugged in, I just get to the 'GoogleTV' splash screen and no further. What would be my best option to get this working again?
                    Best bet would be to grab a male-to-male Type A USB cable and flash any variant's burn package with USB Burning Tool. Personally, I'd recommend the TVStock variant for the Android TV user interface.

Comment

I've tried to make the update from an SD card with Amlogic Burn Card Maker but the upgrading screen is always stucked at 5% of the progress bar.
                      I've also tried with Amlogic USB Burning Tool but to no avail.
                      I get the following errors:
                      - [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Time out
                      - [0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result
                      - [0x10101002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Identify/USB Control setup error
                      There are few questions to ask:
                      - Do I need the stock firmware that came with my Mini M8SII box?
                      - Where can I find it?
                      - Is my Mini box bricked?

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                        I've tried to make the update from an SD card with Amlogic Burn Card Maker but the upgrading screen is always stucked at 5% of the progress bar.
                        I've also tried with Amlogic USB Burning Tool but to no avail.
                        I get the following errors:
                        - [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Time out
                        - [0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result
                        - [0x10101002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Identify/USB Control setup error
                        There are few questions to ask:
                        - Do I need the stock firmware that came with my Mini M8SII box?
                        - Where can I find it?
                        - Is my Mini box bricked?
                        Try plugging it the USB male to male cable into USB 2.0 port. I got those errors too, when using the burning tool, switching from usb 3 to USB 2 port fixed it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mcaron1234 View Post

Try plugging it the USB male to male cable into USB 2.0 port. I got those errors too, when using the burning tool, switching from usb 3 to USB 2 port fixed it for me.
                          Whatever cables and ports I use it's the same situation.

Here is a picture with the box inside.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170405_074716.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	640470
                          Attached Files

Comment

Best bet would be to grab a male-to-male Type A USB cable and flash any variant's burn package with USB Burning Tool. Personally, I'd recommend the TVStock variant for the Android TV user interface.
                            do i need to use a male to male usb cable or is it possible to flash from an mSD card? so far, i have tried to get the latest version of libreelec to load but when i insert the mSD card into the port, use toothpick to press the recovery button, and apply power, i still get the 'googletv' splash screen. is this a soft brick? am i unable to get into the recovery of the box? i will get a male to male usb as soon as possible but would like to know why the toothpick method isnt working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMBLExSWAGGER View Post
                              Do i need to use a male to male usb cable or is it possible to flash from an mSD card?
                              You should be able to flash an Amlogic burn package (.img file) via SD card using their BootcardMaker tool, if you can't get a male-to-male Type A USB cable. If you're seeing the boot logo, then at least some of the bootloader is being executed. There are many reasons you might not be making it into recovery, though, including just missing the internal button or having a corrupted recovery partition. Flashing the burn package will replace all that.

Comment

You should be able to flash an Amlogic burn package (.img file) via SD card using their BootcardMaker tool, if you can't get a male-to-male Type A USB cable. If you're seeing the boot logo, then at least some of the bootloader is being executed. There are many reasons you might not be making it into recovery, though, including just missing the internal button or having a corrupted recovery partition. Flashing the burn package will replace all that.
                                okay so i have used rufus to create a bootable mSD card using the latest libreelec and designated device tree img. doesnt appear to be working at all when i have the card in. am i supposed to insert the card after i get into recovery? sorry if this seems pedantic but i just dont understand what the problem is. is there a walkthrough of the steps for my device? maybe im missing something simple?

Comment

Working...
                                X