This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUMBLExSWAGGER View Post
    okay so i have used rufus to create a bootable mSD card using the latest libreelec and designated device tree img. doesnt appear to be working at all when i have the card in. am i supposed to insert the card after i get into recovery? sorry if this seems pedantic but i just dont understand what the problem is. is there a walkthrough of the steps for my device? maybe im missing something simple?
    No, you don't need to create a bootable card, but it needs the right files to be recognized as a recovery SD. There's a tutorial here. (Follow the "Windows method".)

Comment

I have the Mini M8SII with the original firmware. I only have a mac. Is there any way to install this one without having windows and the usb burning tool? Bah. My first android tv box and this is just shit. Wifi with original firmware is tremendously slow.

Comment

Originally posted by zelder View Post
        Is there any way to install this one without having windows and the usb burning tool?
        Well, if you can borrow someone's PC or run a Windows emulator, you can create the files needed for an SD card with BootcardMaker. Also, in the link for BootcardMaker, there are Linux/Mac instructions, but they're considerably more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Well, if you can borrow someone's PC or run a Windows emulator, you can create the files needed for an SD card with BootcardMaker. Also, in the link for BootcardMaker, there are Linux/Mac instructions, but they're considerably more complicated.

Thanks. I've borrowed a windows PC. Forgive me for asking, but I download the USB burning tool, burn the img to a usb stick? Do I then use the Update app that came with my stock firmware to install it? And after that has been done I need to download TWRP manager, reboot and then install the file from here? Given that I have m8s 2?

Sorry for many stupid questions. This is a new world for me. Bought the M8S 2 because of the OTA function. Shame that they don't deliver updates through it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by zelder View Post
            Forgive me for asking, but I download the USB burning tool, burn the img to a usb stick? Do I then use the Update app that came with my stock firmware to install it? And after that has been done I need to download TWRP manager, reboot and then install the file from here? Given that I have m8s 2?
            Did you read the instructions for the USB Burning Tool and BurncardMaker? For the USB burning tool, you flash the .img file via male-to-male Type A USB cable. For the BurncardMaker, you place the files on an SD card. You would only put the file on a USB flash drive if you were doing an OTA update, and that's not possible the first time with this custom ROM because I had to resize the system partition to make space. You MUST start by flashing the burn package, then you install the AMPAK update in TWRP to restore wireless. After that, you can install the .zip updates for incremental builds.

Comment

Aha. Okay. I understand. I wasn't sure how to to the installation, but I guess that the box will recognize that it could boot from the USB stick. Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

I used the Beelink 111M0 official release to refresh OpenGApps and pull SuperSU. (They removed it from the OEM firmware a while back, and there were some folks who thought it should be optional.) I also updated some vendor DRM libraries to enable video playback in "regular" Netflix. (Unfortunately, the Android TV version of Netflix still has no workaround for units without Level 1 Widevine certification.)

Comment

Hi
                  atm I´m using the official 111M0 ROM on my MiniMX3 II with 2/32G memory.
                  There are 2 bugs in this ROM :

1. no EXT driver for MicroSDCard (I have libreelec on it) so everytime I boot android without removing SDcard I´ll get a "corrupted SDCard Message" from Android

2. audio problems with dts 5.1

SPMC crashes with raw passtrough and plays withe noise with IEC Passtrough
                  Kodi is like SPMC
                  FTMC plays dts 5.1 but if I select an audio file with 5.1 dts - then it is played about 10 % too quick.
                  Deep purple lead singer sounds as if he has lost 2 urgent things ;-)

Video files with 5.1 dts are played without issues in FTMC and with build in Media Center.

Are these bugs fixed in your Custom ROM ?

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                    Are these bugs fixed in your Custom ROM ?
                    Since it's built on the same MiniMX3 II 111M0 OEM firmware, my custom ROM will probably have those same bugs. I'm updating the UI and apps, but not the underlying kernel, drivers, codecs and libraries.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Since it's built on the same MiniMX3 II 111M0 OEM firmware, my custom ROM will probably have those same bugs. I'm updating the UI and apps, but not the underlying kernel, drivers, codecs and libraries.
                      Thank you for the quick answer.

I have already emailed beelink and regged in the forum there, but no answer and forum status pending..
                      Minix has shown that android dts audio problems can be solved - but paying 3 times more money for a device which is only in wlan different..
                      So I hoped to find a custom rom without these bugs.

Until then I can still boot the librelec Version of kodi without problems described above.

Comment

Major new release today. Please let me know if you spot any issues.

Changelog (20170523):
                        • New Nexus logo splash and device name of "Nexus MX3 II".
                        • Added kernel modules (device drivers) for Sony PS3 and Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
                        • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170523).
                        • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0.
                        • Resolved issues with Google Keyboard, allowing it to replace AOSP keyboard as default IME.
                        • Added SELinux security contexts during sparse file system creation.

Comment

Any chance to have magisk root?

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                            Any chance to have magisk root?
                            Well, the ROM is already rooted. If you want some of the Magisk features that mask the rooted state, you could try installing it in TWRP.

Comment

Changelog (20170606):
                              • Enabled multi-user support.
                              • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
                              • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support.
                              • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
                              • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (112M0) and Open GApps build (20170606).

Comment

waiting android 7 to come out.....
                                MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Working...
                              X