• Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not android TV fan...
    MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      There will, of course, be Nano and Stock variants on Nougat too. (In fact, if you rummage around that OneDrive public share, you might find a pre-release.)

@Magendanz:
    I guess we can't flash the following rom to our M8S II since it's for M8S Pro, right ? [ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

edit: forget it, i've just read that our board are p212, so it's a no go for now.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct, but I've got pre-release Nougat builds for p212 available, if you're interested in beta testing.

Great work Magendanz!

Can you or anyone else tell me a way to enable the lockscreen/keyguard? I can set lock type and set a pin under settings/security, set the display to time out earlier but I'm never challenged by lockscreen/keyguard. I can encrypt the storage successfully (which most other roms don't seem to be capable of doing) and find that if a pin is set there's an option to have keyguard appear at boot that works, but I'll never be challenged by lockscreen/keyguard once the system's booted.

Having multiuser is great, but a bit pointless without a proper lockscreen/keyguard challenge as users can be switched without authentication. If I use the restricted profile option under TV settings, I can set a pin and get a new icon to switch between profiles that prompts for the pin correctly. However there's 2 problems with this. Firstly the device will boot into whatever profile was last in use and won't present lockscreen/kleyguard challenge if it was the unrestricted profile. Secondly the restricted profile can bypass the pin challenge presented by the new profile switching icon, by using the user options under settings which can't be hidden.

I'd really really appreciate some help on this and willing to work on it to make this happen.

I've tried build.prop options, any Xposed modules that might be able to manipulate it's appearance, poking around the file system and reading init.rc scripts etc, 3rd party lock screens, etc, etc.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      This is an interesting question, one that I just haven't had the bandwidth to consider. My guess is that there's a config setting in the framework that would address this. These are mostly documented here: https://android.googlesource.com/pla...ues/config.xml It someone can determine what setting needs to change, I'll update it in the ROMs.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2017, 01:32.

Hi! Thanks a lot for the rom!

I have just one issue, I cannot cast from google chrome tab (the device does not appears on the list) but I can cast from any app that has chromecast icon. Is that a known issue? Do you know if I still need to setup anything else?

Thanks a lot for the effort and keep the good work

Comment

Hi Magendanz,

Thank you for the reply.

This line in the framework config references the keyguard service which should be present in systemui. That peaked my interest because somewhere between the exposed modules and 3rd party lockscreens I've tried, I've caught logcat entries that say the keyguard service doesn't exist.

<!-- Keyguard component -->
      <string name="config_keyguardComponent" translatable="false">com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.keyguard.KeyguardService</string>

The keyguard service is here.

It would be interesting to know if amlogic's framework-res includes that reference in its config, and whether the java file for the service is present under systemui. I have to be really honest and say that I'm a novice tinkerer. I've never decompiled an apk but there are many guides so I can give this a shot. Or perhaps (preferably) you have all of this decompiled already?

Thank you

Comment

Yes, Amlogic's framework-res includes this config_keyguardComponent string, and the service is implemented in its SystemUI.apk. However, there are two settings in the SystemUI,apk resources (/value/bools.xml) that seem to disable it.

<bool name="config_enableKeyguardService">false</bool>
        <bool name="config_keyguardUserSwitcher">false</bool>

Anyone want to try a private drop of SystemUI.apk that sets these to true?

Comment

Hi Magendanz!

Apologies for not getting back to this sooner. Yes, I would love to try this!

Thanks you

Comment

Hi Magendanz
            Beelink already sent the android 7 to the mini mxIII II? Need update of a Nexus ATV

I already saw that not in the forum beelink ...

best Regards

Comment

AFQuintans... what?

I don't know why you're quoting me. We're not talking about that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by uultimaa View Post
                  AFQuintans... what?

I don't know why you're quoting me. We're not talking about that.
                  By lapse. Accept my apologies

Sorry,

Comment

Reboot not working on my mini m8s on the latest nano version. Any fix?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's working fine for me. (You meant the Mini M8S II above, right?)

can you make this rom on the Mini M8SII with the new motherboard D4X16 , as i tried this but no avail

regards
                    kabise

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, since I don't have the hardware. Do you have a link to the latest OEM firmware for the D4X16 motherboard?

this rom is working:

regards,
                    kabise

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I saw that, but I'm looking for an OEM firmware release. As a general rule, I don't build my custom ROMs on anything but the official OEM release.

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                    Reboot not working on my mini m8s on the latest nano version. Any fix?
                    Ok i see the problem its with tv compability issue, not working with my samsung lcd but working with my Panasonic. Even i turn on/off hdmi CeC control

Comment

Working...
                    X