This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more inputs regarding above:
    I find the OEM Remote no longer works** - not a great concern since I use the MinixA2 Lite anyway - but might explain why the OEM remote won't awake it from sleep;
    however it ideally would re-wake off the Minix regardless. (Wouldn't want to have the OEM remote necessary on hand to turn it on every time anyway, even if this DID work)
    The Minix I guess doesn't work because the USB is off in full 'sleep' vs Daydream mode?

To get around the sleep issue I went into Developer Mode and Developer Options and toggled the 'always awake' feature
    The good news is it no longer goes to an 'unwakeable' sleep (without powering off/on from the power connector) - however it does not go into DayDream either.

It's at least usable like this, whereas it really wasn't without enabling the 'always awake' feature.

Remain curious about the OEM remote however** and also why DayDream does not function as intended.

** It turns out the OEM remote IS functioning - swapped batteries and cleaned the corroded terminals
    Last edited by DEcosse; 10-15-2017, 22:07. Reason: Updated re OEM remote functionality

Comment

Deleted - Sorry - mistaken info originally on this post

Problem remains as described above
      Last edited by DEcosse; 10-15-2017, 21:01.

Comment

Unfortunately, the IR code for power-up from shutdown is hardcoded into the bootloader. (It's actually only pretending to be shut down. If there's power applied via power connector or USB OTG, the bootloader is running.) For this reason, you can update the remote.conf to substitute another remote for all operations except wake from shutdown/standby.

Comment

Guest Thank you for reply

Please excuse my naiveté on this subject

Sorry I created some confusing erroneous info earlier - installed new batteries in the OEM remote and cleaned the battery terminal contact & the OEM remote now both turns it on from powered off and also awakens it from sleep; so it is only the Minix remote that will NOT awaken it. Apologies for that misleading info.

But certainly the behaviour is different between OEM ROM and the Nano ROM
          With OEM it would go into 'DayDream' (displaying the clock)* and apparently the USB was still active, which is why it would restart from the Minix remote (any button, just just the power button)
          NOW - it does not go to 'Daydream' it goes directly to 'sleep' - and apparently the USB must be off, which is why it won't awaken from there.

However the Minix A2 supposedly has an Infra-Red also - so why can this not emulate the same condition as the OEM remote?
          I don't believe the Minix is a 'learning' remote however, so it can't emulate the same signal as from OEM; and since the bootloader is hard-coded, I guess that means it cannot be changed to emulate whatever the Minix IR Power Button is sending?
          Did I just answer my own question there?

So different possible scenarios
          1.Have it NOT go to sleep, only Daydream (this is how it worked with the OEM ROM)
          Or
          2. The IR from the Minix to be able awaken it from sleep? (I think as per above, this is not going to be possible)
          3. Just have the 'stay awake' function and not worry about it!

*Is Daydream nothing more than a screen saver?
          If so, then there is no real advantage to having it (vs sleep) anyway? - I typically close all apps and then turn off the TV itself; I don't really care if the box remains alive I suppose, as its not like it gets hot - or is consuming much wasteful energy in that condition.
          Last edited by DEcosse; 10-15-2017, 23:55.

Comment

Guest i just got my mini m8s III , initial rom wifi works, then i flash via bootcard to MINIMXIII-II_112M0_Nano-20170606.img, flash went OK, but no wifi. at the moment using the lan cable.
            then i found at atv rom there is fix ( update_p212_QCA9377-20170607.zip ) , after i flash it via twrp, still no wifi.
            any solution for this problem?
            and thanks for this great rom, very smooth.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly, I haven't even looked at a Marshmallow box for months, and have been entirely focused on Nougat. Fixing the 9377 wireless chipset updater is a very low priority right now, but I'll put it on the To Do list.

Originally posted by HA33 View Post
            Guest i just got my mini m8s III , initial rom wifi works, then i flash via bootcard to MINIMXIII-II_112M0_Nano-20170606.img, flash went OK, but no wifi. at the moment using the lan cable.
            then i found at atv rom there is fix ( update_p212_QCA9377-20170607.zip ) , after i flash it via twrp, still no wifi.
            any solution for this problem?
            and thanks for this great rom, very smooth.
            Just to update ..
            Wifi chip on mini m8s III
            name 6223A-SRD
            chip RTL8723DS
            wireless standard: 802.11b/g/n +BLE4.0

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
            E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
            E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v024CdD723
            E: SDIO_CLASS=07
            E: SDIO_ID=024C: D723
            E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio
            Last edited by ha39; 11-15-2017, 04:11. Reason: add chip name

Comment

Hi guys. Could anyone provide me download links please, because after click i get this:
              "This item might not exist or is no longer available"
              Thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm...the links are working for me. Which ones were giving you trouble?

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Hmmm...the links are working for me. Which ones were giving you trouble?
              Interesting. Yesterday all download link was wrong for me, but today they worked!

Comment

Ok, maybe im a little bit a noob, but please help. Before I start this method HOW can I backup the factory firmware? Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, these are often available online, but you can do a TWRP backup. I also wrote a little batch file to do it using update.exe and the WorldCup driver here (http://freaktab.org/35e8f91f3b91af60), but some modifications might be necessary for Marshmallow.

Dear Magendanz,

First let me thank you for your super roms, first i installed the tv version and was amazed that finally someone had build a rom that my old sony bravia was finally without the inverted colors and had a real rgb fix! Now i am trying your nano rom cause i like the launcher better and prefer to have the playstore of this rom. Unfortunately i could not find a rgb fix in this rom. I first flashed the rom and after that flashed the update zip with twrp. In the tv version there was a boxfix apk and a custom reboot. Is there a way where i can download and install these? I hope u can help me out.

Greetings EvilPixel

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think that was @superceleron's Boxfix.apk and custom reboot.

Oh my, you are right! Is there a way to force rgb output in your rom? And your rom is rooted by default right? Do i have to install supersu? Thanks for your quick answer!

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought there was an RGB fix in the Settings that Beelink put in there, but I'm going from memory. I don't have any devices running Marshmallow at this point to check.

Okay, i am going to search for it! And about obtaining root, do i have to install supersu?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I recall, this ROM is factory rooted. In a Terminal window, type "su" and see if you get a "#" prompt.

If so, you can install SuperSU if you want better control of which apps are using root access. It's recommended for security, but not strictly necessary.

Thanks again for all your work!

Comment

hello
                  is there any way to fix the remote problem?
                  i use this great rom with my X96 and everything works fine an fast.
                  unfortunately, the original remote control does not work

SajetS

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is a Marshmallow build, and so you don't have to worry about the remote codes being hardcoded into the device tree. Just swap the remote.conf from your original OEM firmware. The IR code for cold power-up, however, is hard coded in the bootloader, so that one still won't work.

thanks for your answere Guest , thats really annoying with the power-up

SajetS

i switched the remote.conf and now it works mutch better, thx for the hint
                  Last edited by SajetS; 12-20-2017, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                  X