This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink MX3 II / Mini M8S II Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs will also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which now deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • File Manager v3.0.0 and Sound Recorder v6.0.1 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    • Terminal Emulator for Android v1.0.70 by Jack Palevich
    • TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20170606):
    • Enabled multi-user support.
    • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
    • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support.
    • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (112M0) and Open GApps build (20170606).
    Changelog (20170523):
    • New Nexus logo splash and device name of "Nexus MX3 II".
    • Added kernel modules (device drivers) for Sony PS3 and Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170523).
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0.
    • Resolved issues with Google Keyboard, allowing it to replace AOSP keyboard as default IME.
    • Added SELinux security contexts during sparse file system creation.
    Changelog (20170422):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (111M0) and Open GApps build (20170422).
    • Removed SuperSU as preinstall. (Build is still rooted, but now can opt to install latest SuperSU via Google Play Store.)
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0.
    Changelog (20170313):
    • Rebased on latest Beelink Mini MX3 II OEM ROM build (110M0), which resolves issues with formatting SD for internal storage, RGB output to Sony and Philips TVs, and improves SystemUI and shutdown UI.
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170313).
    Changelog (20170302):
    • Added new OTA updaters that can be installed in TWRP without wiping user data.
    • Removed "feature" that automatically opens Storage Settings on startup if SD card is inserted
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170302).
    Changelog (20170222):
    • Removed underlying Amlogic ROM dependency on AOSP WebView.
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170222).
    Changelog (20170214):
    • We now have two variants, just like the GT1 project: Nano for minimal installation and Stock for full stock Nexus experience
    • System partition size bumped to 2GB, allowing room for the Open GApps Stock package install
    • New Amlogic S905X boot logo (replaces generic Google TV)
    Changelog (20170212):
    • Latest official Mini M8S II ROM build (rv109) stripped to Android stock bits and Open GApps
    • Stock Android boot animation
    • Exposed regular Settings app in launcher. The Leadback TVSettings.apk is now named "TV Settings" to differentiate.
    • Enabled portable WiFi hotspot (Settings > More > Portable hotspot) and screen cast to any Chromecast device (Settings > Display > Cast).
    • Switched display density from DENSITY_HIGH (240dpi) to DENSITY_TV (213dpi), which gives more screen real estate and fixes label clipping in Google Now Launcher.
    • Updated icons and layout of navigation bar to center main three buttons and provide better spacing.
    • Changed build characteristics to report as "tablet", instead of "mbox" to address some app compatibility issues
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Setup Wizard can block completion without a WiFi connection. Workaround is to skip everything and sign in through Play Store.
    • Doesn't yet include Amlogic codec brightness fix. To work around, play a few seconds of any 4K video.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM is based on the Beelink Mini MX3 II v112M0 ROM for the AMPAK AP6212 wireless chipset, but it also works without modification on the Mini M8S II with the AMPAK AP6255 wireless chipset. In fact, the following AMPAK chipsets are all supported: 62X2, 4353, 4356, 6212, 6255, 6330, 6335, 43458.
    • An updater for the Qualcomm QCA9377 chipset is forthcoming, which can be installed from TWRP to restore wireless functionality on those boxes.
    • All updates are signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. OTA updates are designed as incremental updates to be used AFTER the initial flash with the burn package. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034114.png Views:	2 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	629270Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034134.png Views:	2 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	629269
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034806.png Views:	2 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	629271Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034819.png Views:	2 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	629267
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034146.png Views:	2 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	629268Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170212-034304.png Views:	2 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	629266
    Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2017, 21:32.

Nano i will test
    i see rv106 is it good file?

Comment

Sorry, that was just a typo in the filename. It's definitely based on rv109.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        Sorry, that was just a typo in the filename. It's definitely based on rv109.
        can it be use for beelink mini mx3-2..

same board id
        MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

I haven't tested this ROM on the Mini MXIII II, but the specs look very similar. I'll check the device tree to confirm, but at the very least I think you'll need to update the remote.conf file because the remote IR codes are probably different.

Comment

but wifi not identical

Comment

Yes, I did confirm that the WiFi chipsets are different. The only significant change in the device tree, however, was the 2GB system partition size, which proved to be a unexpected windfall for me. With the AML update package for the Beelink MIII II, I was able to work around that bug in the Amlogic Customization Tool and create one for that Mini M8S II. This will allow me to build the Stock variant now.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                Yes, I did confirm that the WiFi chipsets are different. The only significant change in the device tree, however, was the 2GB system partition size, which proved to be a unexpected windfall for me. With the AML update package for the Beelink MIII II, I was able to work around that bug in the Amlogic Customization Tool and create one for that Mini M8S II. This will allow me to build the Stock variant now.
                I think the chipset same as gt1
                For mini mx3 2 user that the great news for them..

Comment

Okay, new builds of both Nano and Stock variants are now posted based on the 20140214 Open GApps packages, along with a new Amlogic S905X splash logo. I also threw in a few screenshots.

Comment

Could u add qca9377 WiFi drivers ?

Comment

Hi, I installed the nano stock image on my mini m8s+, everything seems to be working fine except for screen casting, when I go to Settings > Display there's no Cast option. I also couldn't find a way to cast to the device.
                      Thank you for this ROM! can't wait to try the tvstock version.
                      Last edited by Headset; 02-15-2017, 17:49.

Comment

i tried to port over bluetooth and wifi for 9377 ..... got bluetooth working but no luck on wifi .....i used winmerge to see the differents of the roms and tried to port over files to get wifi working total fail on the wifi part any luck someone can help me ?

Comment

Headset, I think there's a general issue with screen casting and WiFi hotspot on this ROM. The same steps that exposed both features on the Beelink GT1 didn't seem to work on the Mini M8S II, and I'm guessing there are some code changes that I need to carry over in the Settings APK for this model to get it working. I'll look into it after I get the TVStock release out.

Comment

is passthrough working on this ROM ?

regards,
                            kabise

Comment

Check out rupa for webview that works
                              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Working...
                              X