Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one had that one. I know its out now so ill get link if he needs or wants. Other ones where not atv based this is for only link one device sold on amazon as atv firmware.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post

I think the chipset same as gt1
      For mini mx3 2 user that the great news for them..
      I'm curious about how that would be good news for mini mx3 ii users? I would love to try this rom on my Mx3 ii, but I'm guessing by your guys posts that this rom probably wouldn't work due to the different wifi chipset? As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be any roms compatible with the mini mxiii ii box.

Comment

Originally posted by datcid View Post

I'm curious about how that would be good news for mini mx3 ii users? I would love to try this rom on my Mx3 ii, but I'm guessing by your guys posts that this rom probably wouldn't work due to the different wifi chipset? As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be any roms compatible with the mini mxiii ii box.
        mini m8s 2 also come from same factory who make mini mx 3 2.. but lower spec and same motherboard.. it no harm to try..
        MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

I think we did determine that the Mini MX 3 II has a different wireless chipset than the Mini M8S II, but everything else is identical. We could easily create a small TWRP updater like I did for the AP6255 chipset on the GT1.

BTW, I've told Beelink that I'd generate the whole suite of Nano, Stock and TVStock custom ROMs for the Mini MIX 3 II if they'd just send me a device for testing.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2017, 03:06.

Comment

Thanks KAA, I took your advice and I can confirm that the rom installed fine on my Mini MX3 II. As expected wifi doesn't work, but ethernet is working good.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            I think we did determine that the Mini MX 3 II has a different wireless chipset than the Mini M8S II, but everything else is identical. We could easily create a small TWRP updater like I did for the AP6255 chipset on the GT1.

BTW, I've told Beelink that I'd generate the whole suite of Nano, Stock and TVStock custom ROMs for the Mini MIX 3 II if they'd just send me a device for testing.
            Thank for the great work on this rom Magendanz, it's very snappy and I like the clean/minimal approach! I initially installed the Nano variant and the flashing went without issue. I ran into a small problem with the lack of wifi connection during setup (as is mentioned in your bug notes.) I needed to unplug the ethernet during setup as even if I tried to click skip all setup, it would not proceed.No problems after disconnecting ethernet, I was able to setup via google play and settings were fine upon subsequent reboots.

I haven't had a chance to play around very long with the nano version yet as I had a bit of a problem with the launcher. Initially it worked fine, but for some reason it started acting up and I wasn't able to use my remote to navigate and access the bottom panel apps/items. When clicking left and right, up, down, it would only go back and forth beetween the apps on the top of the screen. The only way to access the ones at the bottom portion was using a mouse. It's pretty strange as this only happened on the first page of the launcher, when I added apps to a second screen/page everything navigated normally. When I went back to the first page, same problem. Anyways, I'm sure this might have worked itself out, but I ended up switching over to the TVStock variant to play around with. TVStock variant is working perfectly, but I plan to switch back and play with this one again this weekend.

That would be really cool if you could create a TWRP updater for the different wifi chip sometime. Do you know what wifi chip is in the Mini MXIII II box, or would you need me to open mine up and check the chip? Also, do you know if I'd need to reapply thermal paste if the box is opened?

I'm VERY happy to have new quality roms for this box!
            Last edited by datcid; 02-24-2017, 16:13.

Comment

Originally posted by datcid View Post
              Thanks KAA, I took your advice and I can confirm that the rom installed fine on my Mini MX3 II. As expected wifi doesn't work, but ethernet is working good.

Thank for the great work on this rom Magendanz, it's very snappy and I like the clean/minimal approach! I initially installed the Nano variant and the flashing went without issue. I ran into a small problem with the lack of wifi connection during setup (as is mentioned in your bug notes.) I needed to unplug the ethernet during setup as even if I tried to click skip all setup, it would not proceed.No problems after disconnecting ethernet, I was able to setup via google play and settings were fine upon subsequent reboots.

I haven't had a chance to play around very long with the nano version yet as I had a bit of a problem with the launcher. Initially it worked fine, but for some reason it started acting up and I wasn't able to use my remote to navigate to access the bottom panel apps/items. When clicking left and right, up, down, it would only go back and forth beetween the apps on the top of the screen. The only way to access the ones at the bottom portion was using a mouse. It's pretty strange as this only happened on the first page of the launcher, when I added apps to a second screen/page everything navigated normally. When I went back to the first page, same problem. Anyways, I'm sure this might have worked itself out, but I ended up switching over to the TVStock variant to play around with. TVStock variant is working perfectly, but I plan to switch back and play with this one again this weekend.

That would be really cool if you could create a TWRP updater for the different wifi chip sometime. Do you know what wifi chip is in the Mini MXIII II box, or would you need me to open mine up and check the chip? Also, do you know if I'd need to reapply thermal paste if the box is opened?

I'm VERY happy to have new quality roms for this box!
              wifi driver can be update thru zip file... need somebody who know...

i flash my mx3 with minix firmware fw010 and update wifi thru zip file...

Comment

From what I'm seeing in the Beelink OEM firmware for the Mini MX3 II, they've used a Qualcomm QCA9377 wireless chipset...which is also the current choice for the GT1. So, I'd basically just be creating a reverse version of the AP6255 updater. If I built one today, would there be someone willing to test it?

Comment

From what I'm seeing in the Beelink OEM firmware for the Mini MX3 II, they've used a Qualcomm QCA9377 wireless chipset...which is also the current choice for the GT1. So, I'd basically just be creating a reverse version of the AP6255 updater. If I built one today, would there be someone willing to test it?
                  Nice, I'd definitely be willing to test it out.

Comment

To download the QCA9377 wireless chipset updater, click here. Just install this in TWRP over any variant of the latest MiniM8S II Nexus ROMs. When done, you should have an updated kernel and drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 chipset. (Note that this is targeted for only the rv109 incremental build. While it might work on other builds, you override the build assertions in the install script at your own risk.)
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2017, 02:22.

Comment

Okay, for a build of the QCA9377 wireless chipset updater, click here. Just install this in TWRP over any variant of the latest MiniM8S II Nexus ROMs. When done, you should have an updated kernel and drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 chipset. (Note that this is targeted for only the rv109 incremental build. While it might work on other builds, you override the build assertions in the install script at your own risk.)
                      Sweet, looks like you were right about this being the right chip on the Mini MxIII 2. The TWRP update went smooth and wifi is now enabled and working properly on this box! Thanks a lot for creating the wifi support patch and the excellent roms.

**Edit: I almost forgot. I had this come up during the beginning of the install, but everything appeared to have completed and seems to work fine
                      "running boot script
                      /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh process ended with Error: 17
                      Done."

Comment

I get that error message all the time with AdbuL's TWRP Recovery on the S912 and S905X, but it doesn't seem to cause a problem.

Comment

I get that error message all the time with AdbuL's TWRP Recovery on the S912 and S905X, but it doesn't seem to cause a problem.
                          I see, this was my 1st time using TWRP on this device. I got the same msg when installing Xposed framework (which installed and works perfectly.) Wifi has been working rock solid with your update. I used to get frequent disconnects with the stock Mini mx3 2 firmware. I haven't experienced any similar disconnects since using your rom, this one's definitely a keeper!

Comment

Magendanz . You need to updated thread title.. put mini mx 3-2.. so mx3-2 user can notice it.. thanks for work..
                            just a favor. Any future rom for beelink SEA I..

Comment

Okay, the OP has been updated with the QCA9377 wireless chipset updater and I've chosen a more generic title that includes the Beelink MX3 II. As for the Beelink SEA, that's based on the Realtek 1295. I'll need to get at least one box using that SoC and familiarize myself with the platform SDK and toolset.

Comment

I just added OTA updaters as a flash option, which is considerably smaller than the Amlogic burn package used by USB Burning Tool. It also has the advantage of being able to be installed without wiping user data. The ZIP file is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's recommended for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery (just in case something goes wrong).

If you're installing for the first time, you MUST do the full Amlogic burn package because this ROM requires an initial system partition resize. After that, the OTA updater should be fine for incremental updates, but if you run into trouble you may still need to wipe user data (factory reset).

Comment

Working...
                                X