Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work with mecool m8s pro+? I like your marshmallows build than android 7.1.2

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, but the wireless drivers and IR remote codes will be wrong.

Nano version + Simply Launcher, working good on SCISHION V88 PRO TV Box Amlogic S905X 1/8 GB

on/off remote not work.

Thankyou!

PD, On week later and remove this firmware, impossible normal use, more lags and frezzes, in Amazon prime video for example.
    Last edited by clydde; 01-20-2018, 00:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      Unfortunately, the IR code for power-up from shutdown is hardcoded into the bootloader. (It's actually only pretending to be shut down. If there's power applied via power connector or USB OTG, the bootloader is running.) For this reason, you can update the remote.conf to substitute another remote for all operations except wake from shutdown/standby.
      I have found that pressing #2 on the stock remote keyboard will power up the device.

Comment

Guest, the TX7 7.1.2 firmware is working so far with my M8S Mini II without any modifications. Could be a good base firmware for your ROMs. I would love a Nano Nexus ROM based on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          To download the QCA9377 wireless chipset updater, click here. Just install this in TWRP over any variant of the latest MiniM8S II Nexus ROMs. When done, you should have an updated kernel and drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 chipset. (Note that this is targeted for only the rv109 incremental build. While it might work on other builds, you override the build assertions in the install script at your own risk.)
          Could you reupload this file? It's not longer available. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            Guest, the TX7 7.1.2 firmware is working so far with my M8S Mini II without any modifications. Could be a good base firmware for your ROMs. I would love a Nano Nexus ROM based on it.
            Up for this!

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
              Guest Yes, I confirm this too.

Here are some points about TX7 firmware:
              - No bloatware. Even the logo is standard AMLOGIC S905x and has stock android animation.
              - Remote config not required for X96. Power On/off works flawlessly as in stock 6.0.1( no '2' button press bug to power On)
              - The ROM is fast, though not as fast as 6.0.1 ( it may require customizations such as reducing the framebuffer and UI resolution)

Can you please give it a try..

Cheers,

Comment

Guest Tried this firmware on my X96. Perhaps the fastest firmware I found that runs even better than stock ROM. Thanks!

I replaced the stock remote.conf to regain stock remote functionality, but the power button was still mesed up. So, I went further and replaced Uboot (all the 3 files) using Amlogic customization tool. Power button issue got resolved but 'Nexus' boot logo got messed up this time(see attached pic). It has moved to the right with some weird colours. Do I need to make adjustments to the partitions as well after replacing the bootloader ?

Can you pls. help?
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi there where to download the firmware? I want to try it I have Vontar MINI M8S + 2/32 GB. Thanks

Comment

SO i just wanted to post that this rom works really good on the Libre LaPotatoe SBC board, it is a white SBC board you have to build like a raspberry pi, its has the same form factor as the Pi3 with the 4 USB, single LAN port, HDMI and Micro USB power like a phone.

The stock firmware on the emmc module sucks, and the oreo version on their site is just as bad.

Even though this is a "older" version of Android it runs on this board REALLY good! plays games well, its fast has a power button and an apps kill button on the bottom menu strip

SO if you have one of these ide recommend this rom

Comment

Working...
                    X