Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried this mx3 based version on my Nexbox A95X RTL8723BS

- No Wifi an no BT even with Ampak patch (with Mini M8S II based ROM Wifi was OK, BT not)
    Copied the original wifi folder from stock a95x rom in /system/etc : it didn't work

- After changing for the nexbox remote.conf : turning off with the remote is ok, turning on doesn"t work (Mini M8S II based ROM was Ok)

- RGB fix : When enabled i loose hdmi video signal on my philips LCD, have to reflash the box to get it work again
    (same on my sunvell T95K with GT1 rom, perhaps TV related?)

Feedback only for information purpose on how these roms are working on other S905X plateforms.
    I'll reflash this A95X with Mini M8S II version, it works the best.

I'll try Tanix TX5 pro tomorrow (remote turning on issues with Mini M8S II firmware)

Conclusion : great roms, juste a pity that just the wireless drivers prevents them from being easily used on Tanix/Nexbox and other S905X platforms
    It would be awesome
    Last edited by Cinquieme; 03-16-2017, 06:22.

Comment

The GT1 ROMs are for S912 chipset, so I wouldn't use those on an S905X box. Did you mean the previous custom ROMs for S905X that were based on the Mini M8S II?

Comment

OMG my stupid fault, was a little bit tired and i'm using both kind of boxes so i was a little bit confused.
        (Worried with the same main driver problem on my sunvell T95K with GT1 Rom, everything else than wireless is perfect)
        Post edited, you found it out by yourself indeed

Comment

Amazing thing that I did not mention on my old answer is that with this firmware I no longer have a problem with dark image with kodi!

Comment

ROM's not an folder "preinstall" and "xbmc_preinstall". How to build it on ROM? Thanks!

Comment

I am using Customization tool to edit logo,but not set other logo?how soluve? Thanks

Comment

The Amlogic Customization Tool doesn't handle the new logo images that can be compressed with gzip, but you can still use it. Just unpack with the tool, open the bootup file with 7Zip to extract the bootup.bmp, edit it in Photoshop, and replace it in the original archive.

Comment

Magendanz,

First off, thank you! This is wonderful. I like the pure Android experience.

I have the minim8s.

When I flashed the new update, I didn't get this issue the first boot but once I ran the zip in recovery to give me wifi and bluetooth I always the the following "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." on each startup.

is this something that I can do something about, or is it just a know issue that I have to deal with?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    The Amlogic Customization Tool doesn't handle the new logo images that can be compressed with gzip, but you can still use it. Just unpack with the tool, open the bootup file with 7Zip to extract the bootup.bmp, edit it in Photoshop, and replace it in the original archive.
                    I have a TX5 BOX,I replaced the image in tab Poweron and Bootup on Amlogic Customization Tool,but not succes when Pack a new .img and flash it ( logo is a dark,only bootanimation action )

Comment

I can not open the file bootup with 7zip???
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That the latest version of 7Zip? Mine works fine using a right-click and the context menu. You could trying adding a .gz extension, but you might just have one of the older format that's a BMP file.

Comment

Originally posted by blue42 View Post
                          I have the minim8s.
                          You mean the Mini M8S II, right? (There's a separate thread for the Mini M8S, which is based on the Amlogic S905.)

Originally posted by blue42 View Post
                          When I flashed the new update, I didn't get this issue the first boot but once I ran the zip in recovery to give me wifi and bluetooth I always the the following "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." on each startup.
                          That means there's something in the AMPAK updater that's messing with SystemUI.apk. I have a Mini M8S II here, so let me see if I can reproduce the bug.

Comment

That the latest version of 7Zip? Mine works fine using a right-click and the context menu. You could trying adding a .gz extension, but you might just have one of the older format that's a BMP file.
                            It not latest version. I try again it with latest version.thank

Comment

I replaced the logo.Partition (level1) and folder Logo_res (level2) from another ROM, which replaced the logo in Poweron and Bootup on the Amlogic Customization Tool, but still not on MX3 for TX5.

Comment

firmware is too dark to watch videos in youtube...where will i find increase brightness option?

Comment

Working...
                                X