Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes the problem was the sd card. 64gb and not formated with fat32.

but it looks like i have hard bricket my box when i picked ''apply update from EXT'', it doesnt turn on. no red and blue light.
    Last edited by BP1; 09-20-2017, 21:39.

Comment

Hi, Guest! Are there any plans to restore the google cast functionality? Is it even possible?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        superceleron and I were just discussing that a few days ago. The thinking had always been that it was a Widevine L1 DRM issue, but the behavior's the same even on the M8S Pro+. It's possible that this is just a longstanding configuration issue that we've gotten wrong since my first ATV build, or it could be something more devious that Google is doing that only allows the feature to run on official Android TV boxes like the Nexus Player and NVIDIA Shield TV.

The truth is that we don't know, and I haven't had the time to pick through the logcats and examine the smali to determine how the code paths differ. It's time intensive work, and both of us have paying gigs right now as well as other custom ROM releases in the queue.

Dear Magendanz thank you for a great work with this ROM.

My Scishion V88 pro with stock firmware was a complete disaster, it was slow, laggy and almost unusable. Kodi was working but a video was stuttering.

Here is a small list of what's not working and what's working properly.

Scishion V88 pro 1GB RAM / 8GB RAM
      - box light is wrong now, it's red when it's ON and blue when it's OFF (not a problem for me)
      - remote doesn't work (also not important since I use air mouse, and stock remote is very bad)
      - I can turn off the box, but can't turn it on with an air mouse remote. Had to take a cable out every time, that's a problem, any advice on how to fix this problem?
      - RAM expander doesn't work, but I don't need it now, cause everything is working very smooth, and there is a default VMEM of 500MB
      - KODI dark image problem, I saw that this is an AMlogic problem
      - Google Music crashed once, but this didn't repeat

- WiFi is working great
      - Google store works fine
      - Youtube working great

I will do some testing and put the results here.

Thank you once again!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        With an update to remote.conf, you can get almost all of the IR remote functionality restored. It just won't do a cold power-up (like your air mouse), since that IR code is hardcoded into the bootloader.

Guest if I got you right, with remote.conf my remote will work the same as air mouse works now? I still won't be able to power on the box? In that case I don't need remote and updated remote.conf.

Something strange happened this evening and now I can turn on and off the box with my air mouse remote. I didn't change anything, same box, same ROM ?!?!
      I hope it will stay like this

Comment

Some results with this ROM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	antutu.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	675193
        with stock ROM result was 19.000, now it's almost 35.000.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wifi.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	675194
        I can see a lot of complaining regarding WiFi, but I have no problem with it. My internet connection is 30 / 5 Mbps, same as I can reach with this box.

Comment

We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for IRON+ TV Box and IRON TV Box (update 201709013). New firmware comes with new UI, Android 7.1.2

Maybe something you can use?

Comment

Hello Magendanz, hello Freaktab,

I'm a user of your ROM for weeks. This is the best: thanks a lot.
            I own a D4X16 box, thus I only had to replace some files (boot.partition, bootloader.partition, DDR.usb and UBOOT.usb) with those of the stock ROM using Amlogic Customization Tool : given my limited knowledge, it's in my opinion not supposed to change the behaviour of your ROM.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            • Enabled multi-user support.
            I have, however, encountered a problem with the standard procedure of adding a user. It has always crashed: I added the second user's e-mail, then his password, and the final summary screen showed me the e-mail of the main user... Validation led to crash ("Settings stopped").
            It ended up "working" with the smartphone procedure. But I still had "Settings stopped", so I question the reliability of what I did...
            Maybe you could help me please... (I add, in case, that the box is not set in English).
            Thanks a lot, and again thanks for your great ROM.

Regards,

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, this feature has not been well tested. I enabled it in the ROM, but never use it myself. Sounds like it needs to be disabled again.

First, thanks for your answer.

Then, I need two accounts, so I tried.
            In the end, with the smartphone procedure, although "Settings" crashed, it worked.
            Thus -for me- disabling it is not the "best solution": so I can try to test, help... but clearly I am not an expert.

Comment

Dear All,

I seen that some of you were able to flash this rom a "Nexbox A95X with 2GB/8GB"

But can i flash it on the same device (Nexbox A95X) with 1GB/8GB ?

Thanks for your help,

Toum from france

Comment

Netflix doesn’t work. Is there something i can do?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Netflix for Android TV app requires Widevine L1 for DRM, which this box doesn't have. You still should be able to sideload the non-ATV version of Netflix from APKMirror, though, to get 480p on that.

Can i use it also for X96 2/16?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This custom ROM wasn't tested on the X96, but sometimes you will get lucky. More often, you'll find the wireless chipsets or IR remotes are different, which may not be an issue for you if you're using Ethernet and an air mouse. You're basically on your own trying to modify it, but search the forum first. Others may have already done the work to adapt this for the X96.

Originally posted by zafeira View Post
                Can i use it also for X96 2/16?
                I did install this firmware without modifications on my X96 2/16GB using USB burning tools and it works fine.
                1) Wifi is ok, did not test ethernet
                2) I am not using the IR controller. I am using usb wireless keyboard instead which works well. Seems that USB ports are OK.
                3) Youtube, google play store works well. Unfortunatelly there is almost nothing to install from the store for Android TV
                4) USB BT dongle with broadcom chip inside did not work for me

Looks like X96 has the same Amlogic board inside, the DTB file for latests x96 firmware matches the one inside this custom firmware.

Comment

Guest first, let me say thanks for your great work.
                  I own X96 device and has burned your image into X96 successfully. Motivation was the support for external USB Bluetooth dongles you are claiming in the change log:
                  Changelog (20170606): Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
                  Unfortunately, USB BT dongle (should be with broadcom chip on-board) does not work for me. I can turn on the BT but it turns off it self after the while.
                  X96 does not have built-in BT module. Might it be possible to resolve this somewhere in firmware config files to tell android to look for usb dongle instead of built-in BT?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I added the kernel module and later found that adding support for Bluetooth USB dongles is actually much more involved. As far as I know, ODROID is the only one to make this work, and I'm trying to replicate their success. So far, no luck.

How can I extract that "nexus" bootlogo and "android" animation with aml custom. tool please?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Seriously? You want me to give you instructions on how to strip my splash screen and boot animation? I can't stop you (and I pretty much borrowed them from Google myself), but you're going to have to figure that out on your own. :-)

Well not exactly Magendanz I am trying to merge features from your rom and xannytech's rom. So technically it is still your rom and I like your logo and anim. better- that should flatter you. In xannytech's rom animation is located in system/media, but in your rom it's not there. Logo should be somewhere in /logo_res folder but I don't know how to decompile those blank files without format. How am I supposed to learn when no one tells me or shows me? I have tried everything I am capable of ...I am not a software developer. ....Please. I thought that whole point of this forum is helping each other.
                  Last edited by fluoir; 10-23-2017, 18:57.

Comment

Working...
                X