Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magendanz could you update this rom with the new update from beelink mini mx3 ii 113 rom ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, but it's a low priority right now. I'm more focused on a Nougat release for the p212 reference boards.

sounds fair take your time no rush you already done amazing work

Comment

Originally posted by [URL="http://freaktab.com/member/82661-magendanz"
      Magendanz[/URL]]

Maybe, but it's a low priority right now. I'm more focused on a Nougat release for the p212 reference boards.
      Great news

Comment

"Originally posted by Magendanz

Maybe, but it's a low priority right now. I'm more focused on a Nougat release for the p212 reference boards."

Agree with p83, M thanks for all your patience with requests and your efforts thus far.

Finally did the flash on my mini mxiii ii and all is well. I was successful using the full burn package and BootcardMaker as instructed in the first post. I had one error using BcM but repeated and it finally wrote correctly. YMMV.

In the end, the flash was as easy as doing a ROM on a phone(did a lot of this in the past at XDA). I was extremely cautious and read through the entire thread. You can trust M's first post instructions for this model.
        Haven't flashed for wifi yet since I use this as an ethernet connected device.
        If you have a Beelink mini mxiii ii, do this flash and you will be impressed...

Comment

Works perfect, gives a new life to these boxes
          Thanks a lot for the great for Magendanz !!
          Last edited by ineusch; 11-05-2017, 14:11.

Comment

Cant wait for a good running nougat build.... i hope android media codec runs smooth with audio passtrough

Comment

Any news over a 7.1 ATV build for p212 s905x? If you need testers i am here

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, I built it...but the performance was horrible. Really bad! Everything was fully functional, but as soon as you did anything with animations that taxed the GPU, the thing slowed to a crawl.

I think my mistake was basing it on the Z69 firmware. I've got to find something tuned a little better.

To bad.... we stay on 6.0.1. For now... is there allready another build besides z69 and u2? Did not see one yet

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                An A95X ROM was posted yesterday, but it's billed as a beta. I love the M8S Pro+ ROM, but it's missing Bluetooth support. All of those I've found built for S905W are also missing that. My favorite so far is another I found from Shiningworth built for the Matricom G-Box Q3.

I hope you can make a great nougat build... i love the HD audio passtrough on Android N

Comment

Another 7.1.2 Rom was Posted Yesterday MXQ Pro+ s905x013 20171031
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

The A95X 7.1.2 Beta/Preview Rom Seems to work pretty good even though I have not been able to get the Amlogic Customization Tool to work with it after any Mods it just hangs at the Logo Screen but if you Mod it with the sim2 utility then it does work at least when running Linux as an Operating System, It is always my First Choice as an OS anyway but Maybe my Windows Laptop is Hosed I will check it again after my new wifi card comes for my Second Laptop.

I have it Loaded on a A95X 2gb.16gb 9377 and a Little Rocket X3 which uses a A95X Motherboard with the Mod for the Display the Display doesn't work of course but it does run Rather well.

It seems to have hardware support for many Wifi Cards just like the Tanix and others do for the S912 and yes Bluetooth Works.

Hope this Helps someone.
                  Last edited by tht; 11-25-2017, 17:51. Reason: Add other Player to the working list, the T95N/Mini M8SPro 2gb/8gb player works

Comment

Total newb here. Bricked my mini MX3 II while doing OTA update, hard reset did not help. So I am trying to flash this custom ROM, but can't seem to be able to download the burning package from 1st post, I get: This item might not exist or is no longer available

has the file been taken offline? Thx for any help.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just confirmed that the links are working, but OneDrive has been flaky ever since I hit 100GB of ROMs posted for public download. I've since trimmed the collection down, but these links were preserved. When in doubt, you can always browse the archive location here: http://freaktab.org/3~f

I am curious to know the chance of getting Android 7 TV ROM for Mx3 II. Can anyone tell me please. Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, there are some decent Nougat builds for S905X and QCA9377 finally surfacing, but nothing like the S912 options. I tried to build one for MX3 II on the Z69, and graphics performance was terrible. I'm hoping this latest round of OEM firmware releases may be better.

Unfortunately, we can't give you Widevine L1 from a firmware update, and so some apps that rely on DRM like Netflix and Youtube TV aren't going to work. If you want that, I'd look at a Mecool M8S Pro+, M8S Pro W or M8S Pro L.

M8S Pro+ (S905x) https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_656050.html?wid=21 Is this compatible with WiFi ?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Definitely not, but I have released custom Nexus ROMs for this box. Also, be aware that this device has no 5GHz WiFi or Bluetooth.

Thanks Magendanz, I'll get two of the MXQ Pro+ then (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-...GB-385604.html) - it has BT and even if WiFi doesnt work I will be using ethernet. I want a tidy clean Rom like yours :-)

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unless they changed it recently, the M8S Pro+ does NOT have Bluetooth.
                  Working...
                  X