Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Just posted a new release that fixes the issue with the Android TV Play Store (PhoneskyKamikazeCanvas) incorrectly upgrading apps to versions not designed for Android TV.
    Hi, sorry to bother you, this is off topic but my generic box is having opposite trouble, it's auto updating to android tv version play store.
    I have got a Android Box i.e. MXQ Pro+ 4K from China, which is working fine except one problem of Google PlayStore updating itself to an incompatible version again and again. It came with PlayStore 5.1.x version which was automatically updated...

Can you give me some ideas how to fix it?

Comment

Just posted a new release that fixes the issue with the Android TV Play Store (PhoneskyKamikazeCanvas) incorrectly upgrading apps to versions not designed for Android TV.
      sorry to bother you, this is OT, my generic box google play is auto updating to android tv version of google play, can you give me some ideas on how to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchtv2 View Post
        my generic box google play is auto updating to android tv version of google play, can you give me some ideas on how to fix that.
        It appears that the problem is having the wrong hardware description. Use /system/etc/permissions/tabet_core_hardware.xml or tv_core_hardware.xml, whichever is appropriate. Also, check your build characteristics in the build.prop file.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2017, 22:00.

Comment

I just added an OTA updater as a flash option, which is considerably smaller than the Amlogic burn package used by USB Burning Tool. It also has the advantage of being able to be installed without wiping user data. The ZIP file is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's recommended for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery (just in case something goes wrong).

If you're installing for the first time, you MUST do the full Amlogic burn package because this ROM requires an initial system partition resize. After that, the OTA updater should be fine for incremental updates.

Comment

Works for any tv box with amlogic s905x ???

Comment

Well, it works for many of them. I've included wireless drivers for the AMPAK AP6255 and Qualcomm QCA9377, but wireless may not function if you have something less common. Also, you may need to replace the remote.conf if you're using a different set of IR codes than normal (but the Bluetooth profiles and Android TV Remote Control app can still drive your box).

Comment

To work in another has to be a tv box with update to android 6? Why many tv box stayed on android 5.1

Comment

There are older chipsets (e.g. S905, S812) that might still be on Android 4.4, 5.0 or 5.1. However, the S905X and S912 are new enough that they're only supported by Amlogic SDK 6.0, which was delivered on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).

Comment

I'll try it on a NEXBOX A95X Amlogic s905x and I'll tell you how it works. Thank you for your work

Comment

There are older chipsets (e.g. S905, S812) that might still be on Android 4.4, 5.0 or 5.1. However, the S905X and S912 are new enough that they're only supported by Amlogic SDK 6.0, which was delivered on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
                      Hello Magendanz. In rom Feb 26 I did not find any place to set up mode to control the box remotely from cell phones, tablets. Whether it is not available or I do not know how to set up this mode.

Comment

Google type in Android tv remote thats all you need....

Magendaz ---- Add device to List.... X96 both 1/8 and 2/16 work perfect with this. Netflicks and all apk testing work ok spmc and kodi ok Ftmc all ok. Still playing with remotes ect. Ill test few others in bit. But x96 working perfect (not test ethe yet but if i dont post issue none there)
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks, scooter2014 !! That's great news!

khanhsac , you just need to install and run the Android TV Remote Control app from your phone or tablet and be on the same LAN as your TV box so it can be discovered. There's no UI on the Android TV.

Comment

Thanks, scooter2014 !! That's great news!

khanhsac , you just need to install and run the Android TV Remote Control app from your phone or tablet and be on the same LAN as your TV box so it can be discovered. There's no UI on the Android TV.
                            Thanks Magendanz. I got it and installed the apk on my phone to control the BOX

Comment

I'm looking at buying a nansii T95K Pro Android TV Box Amlogic S912 , would this rom work for this application or would it need a completely different build

Comment

Yes, the Google Play Store for Android TV (PhoneskyKamikazeCanvas) will only purchase apps for the Android TV platform. However, you can still sideload regular Android apps from sites like http://www.apkmirror.com/.
                                There is Aptoide tv app store maybe you can merge it in your project.... same layout as google tv play store only you cab install sideload apps....

Comment

Working...
                                X