Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kabise View Post
    how can i install manually apk from this ROM
    Just download the APK in Chrome or click on the APK in File Manager. It will install (a.k.a. sideload) normally.

Comment

Will this build work better then prahjister build for t5x pro

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
        is not about good or bad.... it all about alternative
        MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
          I don't have a T5X Pro, so I really haven't been able to test these ROMs on that device. Since they share the same chipset and reference hardware, I would expect that the ROM will install. However, they may have different wireless chipsets and IR remote codes. I've covered the Mini M8S II and Mini MX3 II, which use the popular AMPAK AP6255 and Qualcomm QCA9377 wireless chipsets, respectively. If you don't have one of those, you're wireless won't function but you could run off Ethernet. If your IR codes are different, you can swap out your original remote.conf or switch to a Bluetooth remote, USB keyboard & mouse, or use the Android TV Remote Control app from a phone or tablet.

Comment

When you release the next version? And will be cast from the browser chrome fixed to box?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Rainer Trunk is actually putting together an app that will include all the most popular remote.conf files, along with some photos. The idea is that on a rooted machine you can just pick your remote by appearance, and the app will install the correct file in your custom ROM.
              It works! Thank you! I will start testing playback and audio if there is something wrong i'll give feedback thank you for this great rom

Comment

Well, you should already be able to cast to the box from the Chrome browser...at least I can. However, I can't cast from Android apps or screen cast yet, and we're trying to understand the problem. Chromecast compatibility has been a longstanding challenge, and so it's likely that it could take a while...or we could perhaps even never crack the problem. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you.

Comment

Many thanks for this ROM!! I've been dying to find a stable+smooth android tv build (and still have a fully functional recovery/reset button). this one answers my craving.

On my Mini M8S Pro (s905x, 2gb ram, 8gb rom, mali-450 gpu, 10/100 lan) all the ESSENTIALS are working:

Wifi
                  USB
                  Original IR remote works
                  Rooted, clean, not-so-bulky install
                  AV-Port Reset Button working and able to dual-boot into LE 8.0 from the microSD, and the android OS hanging out internally.

I mainly use my box for Kodi running LE, but this android build caught my attention to work on the Android side of things.

Thanks again!

Comment

Can somene check that sd card can be made system storage?
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi there i tested playback and audio in kodi 17 and spmc latest.... playback in spmc is perfect and iec passtrough works for ac3 and dts no hd audio. Raw passtrough does not work... playback in kodi 17 using Android mediacodec is awful realy shuttering passtrough audio is.not working i think it is raw. I stay using libreelec for now.. keep up the great work

Comment

If an SD card is inserted, you can go to Storage & USB, click on the SD card, hit SETTINGS in the upper-right corner of the browse pop-up window, and you should have both Format and Format as Internal listed there. Unfortunately, this works on my S912 ROMs but not this one for the S905X. Going back to the original Mini M8S II OEM firmware, they seem to have disabled this feature and I inherited that change. I'm considering starting over with the Beelink MX3 II firmware to see if I can work around this problem, but I don't have the device to test with.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          If an SD card is inserted, you can go to Storage & USB, click on the SD card, hit SETTINGS in the upper-right corner of the browse pop-up window, and you should have both Format and Format as Internal listed there. Unfortunately, this works on my S912 ROMs but not this one for the S905X. Going back to the original Mini M8S II OEM firmware, they seem to have disabled this feature and I inherited that change. I'm considering starting over with the Beelink MX3 II firmware to see if I can work around this problem, but I don't have the device to test with.
                          I have a Beelink MX3 II. I could use the update package to turn it into a Android TV device?
                          (I could also test you releases based on the Beelink MX3 II)

Comment

Originally posted by Gregoire View Post
                            I have a Beelink MX3 II. I could use the update package to turn it into a Android TV device?
                            Yes, but you'll need to install the Qualcomm QCA9377 update in TWRP after your done to restore wireless functionality.

Comment

Magendanz are you also develop android mediacodec for this build? And fix audio raw passtrough?

Comment

Originally posted by EagleEyeXZ View Post
                                Magendanz are you also develop android mediacodec for this build? And fix audio raw passtrough?
                                No, I'm afraid that credit goes to Amlogic. They've got some work to do there.

Comment

Working...
                                X