Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    No, I'm afraid that credit goes to Amlogic. They've got some work to do there.
    Ok thank you i'll use LibreELEC for the time being thank you for this great rom

Comment

Yes, but you'll need to install the Qualcomm QCA9377 update in TWRP after your done to restore wireless functionality.
      Never know can just use update package. Can you link i try on a few different ones then?

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Never know can just use update package. Can you link i try on a few different ones then?
        Well, it you use the OTA updater to install the custom ROM, you won't get TWRP....which makes it harder to install the update for the QCA9337. I just signed the wireless updaters, so you can try it with stock recovery, but I haven't had anyone test this yet.

Comment

Will this rom work with the nexbox 2gb/16gb a95x with the AP6330 chip the board numbers stamped on it are a7-s905x- v2- 2

Comment

Originally posted by GliTch04 View Post
            Will this rom work with the nexbox 2gb/16gb a95x with the AP6330 chip the board numbers stamped on it are a7-s905x- v2- 2
            Yes, but we don't have a wireless updater for the AP6330 yet. You may also need to update your remote.conf file for the Nexbox IR codes.

Comment

Awesome, Thanks great work!

Comment

I have a other rom and not rooted,but have not stock recovery. How to install stock recovery in to rom? thanks
                Can I install stock recovery throught recovery_S905x.img on USB Burnning tool?

Comment

I think I am missing a step. or several , trying to load this tv stock rom on the nexbox 2gb16gb I loaded the MINIM8SII_rv109_TVStock-20170226.img file into burncardmaker then took the SD card loaded into the device powered on holding the reset button and was greeted with a Green Android Robot with a red X which i assume is the device telling me something is wrong in my steps , I have tried using the program on multiple cards and computers to burn this image to sd and have also searched for a guide/ how to can anybody point me in the proper direction or offer some pointers thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GliTch04 View Post
                    I think I am missing a step. or several , trying to load this tv stock rom on the nexbox 2gb16gb I loaded the MINIM8SII_rv109_TVStock-20170226.img file into burncardmaker then took the SD card loaded into the device powered on holding the reset button and was greeted with a Green Android Robot with a red X which i assume is the device telling me something is wrong in my steps , I have tried using the program on multiple cards and computers to burn this image to sd and have also searched for a guide/ how to can anybody point me in the proper direction or offer some pointers thanks
                    Get a usb male to male and flash using usb burn tool. Worked for me, but once you get it working on your nexbox you won't be able to power the box on from your remote. Something to do with the IR codes in our bootloader. Still haven't been able to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by f4tal View Post

Get a usb male to male and flash using usb burn tool. Worked for me, but once you get it working on your nexbox you won't be able to power the box on from your remote. Something to do with the IR codes in our bootloader. Still haven't been able to figure it out.
                      Thanks f4tal didn't have a usb male to male so i hacked one together from 2 damaged phone usb charger cables and Burn tool worked. Box is up seems all is working so far except wifi and remote |going to update that now| thanks again for the help!

f4tal Do you have the remote.conf i looked in the remote thread and the one listed has a white remote that looks similar but some of the button icons are not in the same location as my remote does yours look like this... http://imgur.com/a/LIVbV
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170307_142334.jpg Views:	2 Size:	5.4 KB ID:	634495
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by GliTch04; 03-07-2017, 20:30.

Comment

Hello all - this is my first post -
                        I just took delivery of the 1G/8G variant of the M8SII, only to discover that the bloody thing does not have a BlueTooth Chip onboard. So I found a crappy old USB BT dongle (it must be 10 years old I reckon).
                        So my idea was that without the inclusion of BT they could leave out the stack.
                        I hoped that updating to this Firmware might help - It's all working beautifully including my included remote - EXCEPT for the damn BT through my USB dongle. The BT icon does not appear in the Settings Screen. It DOES NOT appear to have even been detected.
                        I had a look into the root files and there is certainly a Bluetooth Directory with a few things that are beyond my level of expertise to edit..
                        I then found a command that could invoke the BT functionality (as Super User) but no joy.
                        I'm wondering if there is ANY Bluetooth dongle that it this Firmware will recognise, or whether getting BT to function with this Android Box is all in vain? I'm hoping it's just that the dongle is a bit old.
                        Thanks so much for your assistance.

Comment

The Bluetooth drivers on the custom ROM are for the AMPAK AP6255, so that won't help you with the USB dongle.

Comment

Yes, but we don't have a wireless updater for the AP6330 yet. You may also need to update your remote.conf file for the Nexbox IR codes.
                            Ok , so i had the rom loaded and had some issues with apps not being able to work with root, and the Live Channels app wouldn't update giving a 505 error , anyway long story short i broke root and had to reflash back to stock, anyway while on stock i grabbed the AP6330 drivers from the stock rom and also the remote.conf . Can these drivers be flashed over for wifi to work with this rom / device .. if you need the drivers i can upload them

Comment

Hi,
                              I have a simple question. My laptop runs on Linux. How can I flash this ROM ?
                              Thanks

Comment

The Bluetooth drivers on the custom ROM are for the AMPAK AP6255, so that won't help you with the USB dongle.
                                Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply above.

Reading the data sheet for the AP6255 it looks as though its an integrated BT and WiFi chip. Damn. So when they build the 1G/8G variant, they switch chips or leave out a few components that would complete the circuit.
                                So there is no way that one can obtain a dongle with that chipset, so it looks like my candle has just been snuffed out at the the first hurdle.
                                I wonder if you foresee adding any additional BT drivers into the custom ROM that would potentially support this lower cost variant? Is it something that I could add myself once I secure a BT4.0 dongle and know the chipset in use?

Comment

Working...
                                X