Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello, thanks for this rom i'll give you my experience on tanix TX5. It works great, best of android tv experience, except for wifi (idont know the correct drivers yet but im on ethernet so i dont care too much) and the remote. I replace remoteconf and worked but i cant turn it on (same thing as many users). i have an airmouse and work as well with the same problem.

Comment

Can I flash file stock recovery "recovery_S905X.img" on USB Burnning tool?

Comment

does it works on probox1 air?

Comment

Originally posted by XuanLee View Post
          Can I flash file stock recovery "recovery_S905X.img" on USB Burnning tool?
          Well, no. The USB Burning Tool only flashes Amlogic burn packages, which include images of all the partitions. It's certainly confusing that they used the .img file extension, which is generally used for images of individual partitions. (Although, sometimes it's used for sparse images, which have to be expanded to raw images using the simg2img tool before they can be mounted.)

If you want to flash the stock recovery, the easiest way to do that is from Terminal Emulator. Just type "su" to get in superuser mode, navigate to your stock recovery image, and then type "dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery".

Comment

Originally posted by marius87bv View Post
            does it works on probox1 air?
            Unfortunately, I don't have this box, so I can't say for sure. If it's based on the Amlogic S905X reference hardware, the custom ROM should install. If the OEM used a different wireless chipset or IR remote control, you may have some issues there. Replacing remote.conf with the one from the OEM ROM generally gets that working, but it still won't power up the box after shutdown (which requires a bootloader change). In theory, we can replace the wireless drivers for whatever chipset you have, but in practice we only have updaters for the Qualcomm QCA9377 (and the original AMPAK AP6255).

What we need are brave souls to give it a try and report back on this thread. Are you willing?

Comment

Hi, I'd like to try to replace wireless chipset on my Nexbox A95X. I things it's AP6330.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Comment

I have the 1G/8G version (without Bluetooth). As Magendanz pointed out in earlier posts, there would likely be performance issues. Indeed there was.
                Navigation is sluggish compared to the stock firmware. Video really struggled to play. I suspect that the included v109 it is optimised for the 1G portion. Thank you for giving me the chance to put it though it's paces on my device.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                  Well, no. The USB Burning Tool only flashes Amlogic burn packages, which include images of all the partitions. It's certainly confusing that they used the .img file extension, which is generally used for images of individual partitions. (Although, sometimes it's used for sparse images, which have to be expanded to raw images using the simg2img tool before they can be mounted.)

If you want to flash the stock recovery, the easiest way to do that is from Terminal Emulator. Just type "su" to get in superuser mode, navigate to your stock recovery image, and then type "dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery".
                  Yes,but I have a ROM not rooted. I want to root it? How do?

Comment

hello, I replaced wifi driver folder from stock rom of Tanix TX5 to this one with the right permissions and works OK. here i left the drivers for TX5 (not pro, wifi chip AP6212) i think this method could be used for any TV Box. I left the remote.conf as well. sorry for my english

the wifi folder is in /system/etc/wifi

https://mega.nz/#!H5RljBKD!w2z5o2cmL...m2RMyUx1zpiodA

Comment

Originally posted by XuanLee View Post
                      Yes,but I have a ROM not rooted. I want to root it? How do?
                      My AML burn package is already rooted, so there's nothing else you need to do other than flash it. The OTA updater, however, is another story, but that's designed more for incremental updates.

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post
                        Hi, I'd like to try to replace wireless chipset on my Nexbox A95X. I things it's AP6330.
                        I'll need to create an updater for the AP6330 from the OEM A95X firmware. Will look into it over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post

How can I do that?

Thanks.
                          if it is the AP6330 you can place the folder from the original rom into system/etc/wifi
                          ( i have linked these below )
                          unrar
                          then place the folder into system/etc/wifi
                          then change the permissions on the AP6330 folder and subfolder "Wi-Fi" to rwx r-x r-x
                          then reboot
                          Uploadfiles.io is a completely free file sharing service, upload files without limits, securely & anonymously. The simplest way to send large files, instantly. No signup required, just drag, drop & share.

Comment

My AML burn package is already rooted, so there's nothing else you need to do other than flash it. The OTA updater, however, is another story, but that's designed more for incremental updates.
                            I want have a file "root.zip" flash on OTA Updater ? How do? Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have this box, so I can't say for sure. If it's based on the Amlogic S905X reference hardware, the custom ROM should install. If the OEM used a different wireless chipset or IR remote control, you may have some issues there. Replacing remote.conf with the one from the OEM ROM generally gets that working, but it still won't power up the box after shutdown (which requires a bootloader change). In theory, we can replace the wireless drivers for whatever chipset you have, but in practice we only have updaters for the Qualcomm QCA9377 (and the original AMPAK AP6255).

What we need are brave souls to give it a try and report back on this thread. Are you willing?
                              I'm ok about remote, I use air mouse anyway, just wanted to know if someone installed on a probox2 air so I avoid bricking or even worse. Just I don't think I have the skills to fix it

Comment

could you add the brightness fix in your rom ? or can you build your rom off nexbox a95x s905x januarary firmware i heard it fixes dts and brightness fix

Comment

Working...
                                X