Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are now stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.

TVStock variant includes:
    • Open GApps TVStock Package
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces stock/AOSP Browser)
    • File Manager v3.0.0, Sound Recorder v6.0.1, and App Drawer 1.0 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    • Terminal Emulator for Android v1.0.70 by Jack Palevich
    • TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20170606):
    • Enabled multi-user support.
    • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
    • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support. Leanback keyboard is still also available.
    • Switched from spoofing the Xiaomi Mi Box to the Nexus Player.
    • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (112M0) and Open GApps build (20170606).
    Changelog (20170523):
    • New Nexus logo splash.
    • Added Leanback UI sounds.
    • Modified build.prop to spoof the Xiaomi Mi Box, which should circumvent some device checks.
    • Modified build.prop to enable 4K output in YouTube for Android TV.
    • Modified several UI settings (inc. animations & themes) in the framework to match those on the Xiaomi Mi Box and Nexus Player.
    • Added FrameworkPackageStubs.apk, which are present on Xiaomi Mi Box and Nexus Player.
    • Removed GlobalKeyInterceptor.apk, GamepadPairingService.apk and FuguPairingTutorial.apk, which are specific to Nexus Bluetooth remotes.
    • Added kernel modules (device drivers) for Sony PS3 and Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170523).
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0.
    • Resolved issues with Google Keyboard and Google Leanback Keyboard, and so both are now available to set as default IME.
    • Added SELinux security contexts during sparse file system creation.
    • Fixed keyboard focus issue on first screen of Setup Wizard (SetupWraith).
    Changelog (20170422):
    • Updated for latest Beelink firmware OTA update (111M0) and Open GApps build (20170422).
    • Removed SuperSU as preinstall. (Build is still rooted, but now can opt to install latest SuperSU via Google Play Store.)
    • Updated vendor DRM libraries to enable video playback in "regular" Netflix. (Android TV version of Netflix still has no workaround.)
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0.
    Changelog (20170319):
    • Updated with latest Live Channels app for Android TV 5.1. (Previous version would not update in Google Play Store.)
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170320).
    Changelog (20170313):
    • Rebased on latest Beelink Mini MX3 II OEM ROM build (110M0), which resolves issues with formatting SD for internal storage, RGB output to Sony and Philips TVs, and improves SystemUI and shutdown UI.
    • Update to latest Open GApps build (20170313).
    Changelog (20170226):
    • Fixed issue with Play Store incorrectly upgrading apps to versions not designed for Android TV.
    • Removed "feature" that automatically opens Storage Settings on startup if SD card is inserted.
    Changelog (20170222):
    • Added Android TV Remote Control Service, allowing use of any Android phone or tablet as a full-featured voice remote control.
    • Added Android TV Customization and Gamepad Pairing Service.
    • Restored MusicFX app that handled Dolby and DTS audio.
    • Removed underlying Amlogic ROM dependency on AOSP WebView.
    Changelog (20170220):
    • Fixed crash at end of Setup Wizard. Same fix also resolve issues in Google Play Movies & TV and Google Play Music.
    • Live Channels (TV) is now fully functional, and is able to obtain channel lineup.
    • Cast service now starts and broadcasts on network, but refuses connection because it can't get a Cast device cert.
    • Replaced SystemUI app with version from Nexus Player (fugu) factory image, so notifications and nav bar should be standard for Android TV.
    • Home and other navigation key events from remote are now functioning as expected.
    • Includes new version 7.5.08.M of the Play Store, which fixes crash on selecting game app categories.
    Changelog (20170218):
    • Initial release based on my Nano variant of latest Mini M8S II firmware (rv109) and Open GApps build (20170216).
    Known Bugs:
    • Cast service can't get a Cast device cert through ClientAuthSigner except when casting from Chrome browser.
    • To make Live Channels app visible in launcher, add a channel source like Haystack or Pluto TV.
    • Doesn't yet include Amlogic codec brightness fix. To work around, play a few seconds of any 4K video.
    • Action bar Up (<) button events are ignored. To work around, use Back button on remote, Esc on keyboard or right-click on mouse.
    • Unable to add VPN profiles in Settings.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM is based on the Beelink Mini MX3 II v112M0 ROM for the AMPAK AP6212 wireless chipset, but it also works without modification on the Mini M8S II with the AMPAK AP6255 wireless chipset. In fact, the following AMPAK chipsets are all supported: 62X2, 4353, 4356, 6212, 6255, 6330, 6335, 43458.
    • An update for the Qualcomm QCA9377 chipset can be installed from TWRP to restore wireless functionality on those boxes.
    • All updates are signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. OTA updates are designed as incremental updates to be used AFTER the initial flash with the burn package. Bootloader, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000356.jpg Views:	2 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	630422Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000414.jpg Views:	2 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	630423Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000621.jpg Views:	2 Size:	149.7 KB ID:	630424 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22148.jpg Views:	2 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	630425Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22149.jpg Views:	2 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	630426Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170217-000716.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	630455Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22151.jpg Views:	2 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	630428Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22152.jpg Views:	2 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	630429Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22153.jpg Views:	2 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	630430Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22154.jpg Views:	2 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	630431 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170220-120926.jpg Views:	2 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	630792Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170220-120940.jpg Views:	2 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	630793
    Changelog (20170222):
    • Added Android TV Remote Control Service, allowing use of any Android phone or tablet as a full-featured voice remote control.
    • Added Android TV Customization and Gamepad Pairing Service.
    • Restored MusicFX app that handled Dolby and DTS audio.
    • Removed underlying Amlogic ROM dependency on AOSP WebView.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2017, 21:31.

Pretty major release today, and I'm updating the status from DEVELOPMENT build to BETA, suitable for general use by early adopters. Please also note the comment I added about Widevine Level 1 certification, which will prohibit us from some features that use DRM and require a secure platform. (The fact that we don't have a secure platform is what allows us to make these custom ROMs.)

Comment

Okay, I just dropped an update that addresses the DTS/Dolby audio issue, removes the underlying Amlogic ROM dependency on AOSP WebView, and adds the Android TV Remote Control Service, Android TV Customization and Gamepad Pairing Service. Open GApps packages are also updated to the 20170222 builds.

Comment

Thanks for this rom, did not know it was possible on the mini m8s II.
        I only find 1 bug netflix is loading but does not play, get the error can not play.
        And there is no power off button.
        Hope you can get netflix to work.
        The rest is working great so far.

Comment

Thanks for this ROM , is it rooted ?
          im not able to install play store app like root browser , any help appreciated

Comment

Cảm ơn. Bản ROM this much mượt, but tôi thấy can not be used điều khiển đi cùng BOX, if possible tác giả sửa lỗi this. Hiện tôi đang dùng Android TV BOX TX5.(Tôi là: Lê Ngọc Khánh_Việt Nam)

Comment

You can try to sideload rootbrowser from apk mirror

Comment

Many thanks. Works perfectly.

Comment

Awesome work on this Rom Magendanz! I'm writing to confirm that this installed fine on my Mini MxIII 2 box. Ethernet works fine, but wifi does not. Install went fine without issue. I found that given the lack of wifi, ethernet must be plugged in during setup for this to proceed. Rom seems very smooth and I've not experienced any crashing or significant issues as of yet. All my usual apps are working fine and loading quick.

The only issue that I have experienced is the setting function/menu button not working in Adaway. I have the same problem on Superceleron's ATV rom on my GT1, so I'm guessing that this is more of a compatibility issue with the leanback version of this app and not a problem with the rom. Cool stuff, it's going to be a tough choice between this and Nano variant of your rom, I look forward to future testing! Thanks for your hard work.

Comment

This is rooted (hence SuperSU preinstall) and you've already got CMFileManager, which is an excellent root browser. As for the power button in the navigation bar, when I switched to the Nexus Player version of SystemUI that went away. There's still the Power button on the remote control, and my plan is to add it to Settings>About where Pure Nexus placed it for the ADT-1.
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2017, 02:24.

Comment

Does it work for the model, 1gb RAM and 8gb memory?

Comment

I only have the 2GB SKU, but there's no reason it shouldn't also work on the 1GB version. Performance may be a problem, though.

Comment

Thanks a lot friend for the information, I will be warning you when I install this rom to the version of 1gb of ram, THANK YOU for everything.

Comment

Can you also look into netflix, it starts but you can not play any title, but still great work thanks.

Comment

hello
                              The firmware works well but I can not download some application on the store? It does not download
                              Last edited by professeur83; 02-25-2017, 17:50.

Comment

Working...
                              X