X96 Magendanz ROM with remote fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 Magendanz ROM with remote fix.

Thanks to Magendanz / SuperCeleron and Freak-Tab Team we have a Few working ATV ROMS

Now we have one for the X96 905X

There are a few glitches and some work arounds found. I will post links to things if needed. So here goes you are best to use keyboard mouse usb if possile for first set up and remote not software issue but the tricky remote. So heres whats working.

Bluetooth.
    Ethernet
    voice speach ( through play store remote apk ill post link)
    FTMC - http://freak-tab.de/luis/Ftmc/FTMC-1...a-Build-23.apk - Thanks to Super Celeron
    SPMC- https://github.com/koying/SPMC/relea...rmeabi-v7a.apk - Thanks to Koying
    All the streaming apk I tried worked fine.
    no bluetooth as device doesnt have one __
    Net flicks - sd ( But not the play store version) I will post link to one I got working.
    usb ports
    IR port works
    So as you can see ALOT working on this I think we all owe these Devs a huge bow (we not worthy type) And dig into your pockets and support them God the fixes just keep coming......

found fix power on power off with remote press power button (red one) then when you want to turn back on the device push number 2. How cool is that ON OFF WITH A PUSH OF THE BUTTON Funny how simple things just make me smile.

No playstore issues works

its actually fast smooth and runs stable.

flash and first boot takes some time

Grab it Below and enjoy its actually sweet.

Give me a bit to post a few more links in a bit for items i installed and liked.

NONE OF THIS WORK IS MINE AND ALL THE CREDITS GO TO THE FREAKTAB DEVS . I did drink a few beers /rye doing this so standard disclaimer it works great and if it blows up your lawn mower or dishwasher stops working or anything else stops working blows up catches fire implodes explodes or other wise stops working WASNT ME
    STANDARD YOUR FLASH BACK WARRANTY. (See your warranty disappear as the flash tool progress bar reaches 100 percent my warranty stopped at 98 percent)

Last edited by scooter2014; 03-04-2017, 14:31.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Nice one - sadly the dropbox link is no longer working - " Error (429)

This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Can you maybe upload to workupload.com - very reliable file hoster
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Fixed give it 10 minutes. Thanks Abdul.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

To get voice search install this apk on your android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.tv.remote

Nothing needed to be installed on box.

Comment

Cheers scooter - as I am on a Mac is there another way to install this ROM? Zip file on SD card??

Comment

Havent tried but ill check.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              Havent tried but ill check.
              Thanks

Comment

Thanks to @scooter2014 and everyone else related to this release! I have one of these x96 boxed and I would like to test this rom, but.... How to backup my existing one, I'm sure that there was very detailed tutorial how to install twrp and how to make full backup but now I can't find it. Could someone give me a link to it?

Thanks!

Comment

Would love to try this ROM however as I use a Mac I cant use the normal Windows method to install the .img file. Is there another way to install this ROM? Zip file on SD card?? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
                    Would love to try this ROM however as I use a Mac I cant use the normal Windows method to install the .img file. Is there another way to install this ROM? Zip file on SD card?? Anyone?
                    That's why I started releasing my ROMs in two forms: Amlogic burn package (.img file) and OTA update (.zip file). The signed updates can be installed without a PC in the Update&Backup app, stock recovery, or TWRP.

That said, there are instructions on how to create a bootable SD card for burning from the Amlogic burn package manually here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      That's why I started releasing my ROMs in two forms: Amlogic burn package (.img file) and OTA update (.zip file). The signed updates can be installed without a PC in the Update&Backup app, stock recovery, or TWRP.

That said, there are instructions on how to create a bootable SD card for burning from the Amlogic burn package manually here and here.
                      Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I don't see a "OTA update (.zip file)" with this release; and as I use a Mac, cannot use the Amlogic burn package.

Comment

Please read the links that I provided. They describe the manual process for creating an SD burn package without needing the Amlogic BootcardMaker app. (Also, you can buy a decent Intel quad-core Windows 10 mini PC these days for $84. Just saying!)

Comment

Trying to flash mine via USB burning tool and getting to 97% this is the log around where it happens:

Code:
                          [00:44:51 767][HUB3-1][Inf]-------------Download system.PARTITION-----------
                          [00:44:51 768][HUB3-1][Inf]--0-7-0-16
                          [00:44:51 768][HUB3-1][Inf]--download store system sparse 1038667016
                          [00:44:51 768][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send download command success
                          [00:44:51 786][HUB3-1][Inf]--Read command status success
                          [00:46:36 588][HUB3-1][Inf]--Transfer complete
                          [00:46:36 588][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send download get_status command succeed
                          [00:46:36 592][HUB3-1][Inf]--get_status success
                          [00:46:36 592][HUB3-1][Inf]--verify sha1sum 017e83917fef7a9d516b9490feae4cfd6b30d760
                          [00:46:36 592][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send verify cmd succeed
                          [00:47:22 190][HUB3-1][Inf]--Get verify status success
                          [00:47:22 692][HUB3-1][Inf]--support_tempcontrol
                          [00:47:22 692][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send command success
                          [00:47:22 699][HUB3-1][Inf]--Read command status success
                          [00:47:22 699][HUB3-1][Inf]--tempcontrol 20 40
                          [00:47:22 699][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send command success
                          [00:47:22 737][HUB3-1][Err]--failed:46 is out of temp range[20, 40], errInfo[temp:46, adc:1934, tsc:24, dout:1640]
                          [00:47:22 737][HUB3-1][Err]--Check command return failed
                          [00:47:22 737][HUB3-1][Inf]--Failure : 1, FailureMax : 3
                          [00:47:22 737][HUB3-1][Inf]--tempcontrol 20 40
                          [00:47:22 737][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send command success
                          [00:47:22 775][HUB3-1][Err]--failed:46 is out of temp range[20, 40], errInfo[temp:46, adc:1933, tsc:24, dout:1640]
                          [00:47:22 775][HUB3-1][Err]--Check command return failed
                          [00:47:22 776][HUB3-1][Inf]--Failure : 2, FailureMax : 3
                          [00:47:22 776][HUB3-1][Inf]--tempcontrol 20 40
                          [00:47:22 776][HUB3-1][Inf]--Send command success
                          [00:47:22 814][HUB3-1][Err]--failed:46 is out of temp range[20, 40], errInfo[temp:46, adc:1935, tsc:24, dout:1640]
                          [00:47:22 814][HUB3-1][Err]--Check command return failed
                          [00:47:22 814][HUB3-1][Inf]--Failure : 3, FailureMax : 3
                          [00:47:22 820][HUB3-1][Err]--[0x30702004]Uboot/Temprature Testting/Get result/Out of range
                          [00:47:22 821][HUB3-1][Inf]--Close device handle 0x000009fc
                          "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Open temprature settings in tool and raise 20 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                              Open temprature settings in tool and raise 20 degrees.
                              That done it cheers. I only updated USB burning tool I had been using an older version. I was going to blame my homemade USB A to A cable lol.

EDIT: Replacing the bootloader.PARTITION with the one from the stock ROM fixes the remote power button.
                              Last edited by steocullen91; 03-12-2017, 04:12.
                              "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Working...
                              X