No announcement yet.

X96 Magendanz ROM with remote fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to install this ROM on my X96. Unfortunately, after successfully installing the firmware with USB Burning Tool, my device will not boot and I have to unbrick it and reinstall original firmware. Can someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong? I would love to get ATV firmware installed.

Comment

Hi i have installed the MINIM8SII_rv109_TVStock-20170226.img from below successfully on my X96 and everything is working fine.

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

Originally posted by addy_86 View Post
        Hi i have installed the MINIM8SII_rv109_TVStock-20170226.img from below successfully on my X96 and everything is working fine.

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.
        Can not download the ROM sharing limit has been exceeded.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm trying to archive old ROMs now to clear up space. When in doubt, you can look here: http://freaktab.org/3~f

hello
        first of all, big thx for this great rom. Everything works very fast and i had no problems until now.
        I installed Kodi without any errors, now i try to install the SuperRepo but it doesn't work. I used this URL http://srp.nu
        Somebody an idea how to fix this problem??

SajetS

Comment

Originally posted by SajetS View Post
          hello
          first of all, big thx for this great rom. Everything works very fast and i had no problems until now.
          I installed Kodi without any errors, now i try to install the SuperRepo but it doesn't work. I used this URL http://srp.nu
          Somebody an idea how to fix this problem??

SajetS
          SuperRepo and Colossus are both down and may never be back. They have both received their "letters".

Comment

I finally got the ROM Downloaded but it did not work on my box. I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried the ROM that is featured in this thread and it's not working for me. I've tried a couple of others but I've found no joy. I've tried the archive that Magendanz suggested and I'm downloading a ROM as I type, but I'm not completely sure which one I need as none of them match my box. In any case, I'm a complete newbie when it come's to finding the correct ROM for an Android box. Any help, suggestions, or hints would be much appreciated.

Comment

Post photo of Wi-Fi chip and board lot easier to post a fix once those are known.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Post photo of Wi-Fi chip and board lot easier to post a fix once those are known.
                The photo's were too large to upload. This is a link to my Google Drive. If you need the actual photo's posted, I can reduce their file size.

Thank you for taking the time to educate a newb.

Comment

Also, I forgot to mention my box is a 2GB/16GB box.

Comment

• scooter2014
                    scooter2014 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem ok few devices with that chipset. I'll post a few.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

this xanny rom says supports your wifi.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    https://mega.nz/#!F9dmgShJ!IQm_AnwUr...PVGqbvGCQGCDas

this xanny rom says supports your wifi.
                    Thank You Scooter, but alas, no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecu1iar View Post

Thank You Scooter, but alas, no joy.
                      Did you try installing the rom (MINIM8SII_rv109_TVStock-20170226.img) with USB Burning Tool and an USB male to male cable?

if you did you then try to update to the latest FW first although that shouldn't really matter but i have the same box and i was on the latest firmware. (look at the end of the first post).

you can always follow the below tutorial if everything has failed to have the launcher.

Comment

Did you try installing the rom (MINIM8SII_rv109_TVStock-20170226.img) with USB Burning Tool and an USB male to male cable?

if you did you then try to update to the latest FW first although that shouldn't really matter but i have the same box and i was on the latest firmware. (look at the end of the first post).

you can always follow the below tutorial if everything has failed to have the launcher.

Addy_86,
                        Yes, I was able to download the ROM from the link you provided. It says it installed successfully with USB Burning Tool, but the box does not boot up afterward. I will give the links you provided a read. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by wizziLalev View Post
                          Thanks to @scooter2014 and everyone else related to this release! I have one of these x96 boxed and I would like to test this rom, but.... How to backup my existing one, I'm sure that there was very detailed tutorial how to install twrp and how to make full backup but now I can't find it. Could someone give me a link to it?

Thanks!

You can back up your firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Pecu1iar View Post

Addy_86,
                            Yes, I was able to download the ROM from the link you provided. It says it installed successfully with USB Burning Tool, but the box does not boot up afterward. I will give the links you provided a read. Thank you.
                            Hi, the safest next move to unbrick your box is to re-flash it with a known working official ROM for your device released by the manufacturer. Do not try flashing it anymore with experimental or 3rd party firmware out there until you get your box up and running again. Worst cases I've seen boxes becoming hard bricked to the extent that even your PC's driver can't recognize it.When that happens, you need to take higher risks of opening up your box and make connection bridges on your hardware,very risky and not for the weak hearts. Once you tear/damage your warranty sticker on your box by opening it up, your warranty is TOTALLY VOIDED.

The very least if you manage to get it back running again with your manufacturer's official ROM, anything happens and your warranty sticker is intact, you can still claim warranty or repairs. They won't deny you. If your box is soft bricked but hardware is still not opened, they might just reflash it back for free but charge postal charges to you. If your hardware is tempered, they will not take the chances.

Comment

Working...
                            X