Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mini M8S II/ Mini MX3 II and Others SCV1A-ATV (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,this rom work on x96 mini?

Comment

Originally posted by Gips

neanche un porco risponde
      I think this is a English language forum.

X96 mini is a S905W device, why you think you can install a S905X rom on it?

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post
        I have installed this rom.
        It works but I have a 2 small problems.

FIRST PROBLEM
        I extended internal memory with a 16GB SD card. I have configured this SD as internal to use it with app however when I try to install big games (like Alphalt Extreme) I get an error about the lack of memory space. I checked the memory information on settings and it confirme me about 18GB of free internal memory (3GB real internal memory and 15GB of extension).

It seems that the memory extension is not considered.

Before I had installed the "official" rom v115 and I could install this app without any problem.

SECONDO PROBLEM
        The app TV App Repo doesn't work. After set app I get an message error.
        i want to go back to stock firmware as well..do you have any links for 115? and how to flash it coming from this firmware?

Comment

Does anyone know if this will this work on a t95n-2g model box? I have one and would love Android TV on it. I'm sure there are dozens of these same model number boxes with slight differences. If not sure about this box can anyone recommend a box that this rom will definitely work on with decent specs and working Bluetooth (possible 3gb ram)?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
            No i dint, i may do a zip to flash by recovery, that way it should work on mx3 and tx5!
            Excellent work! This does work perfectly on the TX5, TX5 Pro (with 9377 patch), Sammix R95, and A95X! It boots perfectly on the M9C Max, but it uses the RTL8189 wifi chip instead. How difficult would it be to make a zip to flash support for the RTL8189?

Thanks!

Comment

• superceleron
              superceleron commented
              Editing a comment
              For RTL chips its a lot harder, since you need to have all modules and kernel + dtb + other shits...

hi superceleron , nice work man! one question: why do you removed cast feature if with other roms just work well? is this one outdated? thanks

Comment

• superceleron
              superceleron commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes is a bit outdated and dint work that well, if at all!

Hi Superceleron,

I have used your ROM since the time of MK808B stick and really appreciate your work. I have a small question regarding Android 7.1.2 on S905X. I have downloaded NEXBOX A95X_S905X_7.1 Rom and used it on the following 2 devices : M9C Max and Sammix r95s both bought from Amazon with 2/16 GB. The M9C Max is working very well for everything including wifi (I haven't tried the remote that I never use). The Sammix r95s is working fine as well except that wifi is not recognized. Opening the box, I see that it uses 6212 as wifi chipset and I do not see that in /etc/wifi. My question is how will we be able to introduce 6212 wifi drivers in the ROM or just in a rooted running system. Thanks !

Comment

• superceleron
              superceleron commented
              Editing a comment
              well that needs some rom work to make it work again, its not a easy job!

This is a great working rom! I would like to use it with a Krypton version of kodi (or fork) that has amcodec. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I tried spmc 17a2 but for some reason it is not able to play 720p. Playing 1080p no problem. I have tried different configurations with no success, refresh rate HDMI adaption etc. When I play 720p it seams to be zoomed in to the top left with distorted lines or sometimes distorted split image. Help please, would love to get it working.

Comment

Hi,
              i have juste installed this firmware and trying to make it work on mini M8S II (905s)
              remote control : OK
              Wifi: Ok
              Netflix HD OK
              Youtube HD OK
              Box not rooted, i don't want to do it because i need to install applications for non rooted box

I have a problem to update or install applications from google play store
              I'm missing something in the initial setup?

Thanks

Edit: finaly it was just an issue with the flash. I just reflashed the box and all goes great. Thanks superceleron for this amazing, stable and good job. I hope you can just help those who don't want to root the box to make RGB display less darker
              Last edited by rafie; 06-07-2018, 03:59.

Comment

Hello,

Is this Rom is compatible with Mecool M8S pro + with AML s905x ?
                I need it for mycanal app, other rom doesn't works.

Can you confirm that please ?

Comment

Originally posted by skyzo2000 View Post
                  Hello,

Is this Rom is compatible with Mecool M8S pro + with AML s905x ?
                  I need it for mycanal app, other rom doesn't works.

Can you confirm that please ?
                  If it's an AML s905x it should work of course, you must juste pay attention to make the wifi and your remote control works

Comment

Originally posted by rafie View Post

If it's an AML s905x it should work of course, you must juste pay attention to make the wifi and your remote control works
                    Thank's I will try

Comment

Hello,

I installed this rom on a 905x box, it works but I did not have wifi. I wanted to try the twrp patch for wifi. I still do not have wifi and bluetooth I lost the bluetooth.

Can we flash my box again with twrp who settled with this rom? There is a twrp package? Or can I use the zip that contains the img with twrp directly?

Originally posted by skyzo2000 View Post

Thank's I will try
                      you managed to operate the remote control and wifi on the mecool M8S pro +?

Comment

Originally posted by garfi View Post
                        Hello,

I installed this rom on a 905x box, it works but I did not have wifi. I wanted to try the twrp patch for wifi. I still do not have wifi and bluetooth I lost the bluetooth.

Can we flash my box again with twrp who settled with this rom? There is a twrp package? Or can I use the zip that contains the img with twrp directly?

you managed to operate the remote control and wifi on the mecool M8S pro +?
                        Hi, I just installed it on my M8S pro+ and wifi doesn't work anymore, nor remote too.
                        But I use LAN so it s not mandatory for me, I use android remote on my phone to manage the box, the most important thing for me is that mycanl works !

Comment

Originally posted by rafie View Post
                          Hi,
                          i have juste installed this firmware and trying to make it work on mini M8S II (905s)
                          remote control : OK
                          Wifi: Ok
                          Netflix HD OK
                          Youtube HD OK
                          Box not rooted, i don't want to do it because i need to install applications for non rooted box

I have a problem to update or install applications from google play store
                          I'm missing something in the initial setup?

Thanks

Edit: finaly it was just an issue with the flash. I just reflashed the box and all goes great. Thanks superceleron for this amazing, stable and good job. I hope you can just help those who don't want to root the box to make RGB display less darker

Hey rafie,

I installed the rom on my mecool, mycanal ok but netflix ATV not ok juste the netflix NoATV work but not in HD.
                          Wich version do you use ?

Comment

Working...
                          X