Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mini M8S II/ Mini MX3 II and Others SCV1A-ATV (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johngalt View Post
    I'm looking to get some functionality I had in LibreELEC, so have two questions:
    1) Has anyone figured out audio passthrough hiccups every few minutes? It occurs on RAW or IEC in SPMC or FTMC, on both DTS and AC3. This did not occur at all in LibreELEC. I suspect this could be related to the bad fractional refresh timing since it doesn't happen as much on integer framerate sources, but don't have any data to back it up.

2) Are there any AOSP patches floating around for AFTV-like resolution switching? I'd be interested in checking them out and seeing if I can modify this system to support similar.
    1º try this apk... https://mega.nz/#!vB1hGCLb!jrCaV6JoQ...fghLpYHz3t1CNs

2º not that i know!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

1º try this apk... https://mega.nz/#!vB1hGCLb!jrCaV6JoQ...fghLpYHz3t1CNs

2º not that i know!
      I googled on how to use that, unfortunately the reboot button does nothing and I still get the occasional hiccups. So here's what I did:

Made sure output was set to HDMI in settings, and IEC was set in SPMC for passthrough

Installed the apk and enabled storage permission. No way to set "notification priority" in the Android TV variant, so ignored that step.

Opened and selected "Reboot." This did nothing, so I manually rebooted.

There was no sound on boot as the instructions noted, so I opened the app, left it open while going back to spmc, and tried watching a movie. I still got the hiccups.

Is the disconnect between the steps I found and the results because this is an Android TV variant?

Edit: looks like I need to be rooted for it to work.
      Last edited by johngalt; 05-13-2017, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by johngalt View Post

Edit: looks like I need to be rooted for it to work.
        Yes you need to enable root in the setting of my rom!

Comment

I want to ask 2 things
          1) Is this rom suitable for Beelink Mini MXIII II?
          2) If the above question is yes, does it solve this problem? When I use a paired ps3 controller and enable it as a game pad using the Sixaxis Controller app, the controller works fine, but the d-pad up opens the file browser, R3 button opens the web browser and L3 opens up music app. Is there any other solution fixing this?

Comment

Yes you need to enable root in the setting of my rom!
            Thank you, I have the perfect audio setup using that apk with raw passthrough. I even played a full 60fps HDR10 movie and it was flawless. I might miss resolution switching from LibreELEC, but I definitely prefer having real HDR output with no colorbanding on your build
            Last edited by johngalt; 05-14-2017, 02:49.

Comment

You can use frequency switcher addon works perfectly for kodi/ftmc

Comment

1. I cannot update installed app and cannot install any app.

it displays 'prepare to installation... never installed.

How can I install any app or update pre installed one?

2. I want to use Google cast(chrome cast) when I want to watch YouTube from my phone to the TV.
                Often, I want to share my phone's screen with Miracast.
                Is therethere any way that I can use these ?

Comment

Originally posted by EagleEyeXZ View Post
                  You can use frequency switcher addon works perfectly for kodi/ftmc
                  If in response to my question about resolution, this doesn't support resolution switching or 2160p. But you shouldn't need to use this anyway since auto refresh switching works in spmc/ftmc with hdmi self-adaptation.

Edit superceleron it looks like I jumped the gun about that fixing passthrough clipping. I've done the "reboot' from that app about five times and on boot still get clipping with raw 5.1 ac3 output. Any suggestions? I'm only using android for HDR/10 bit output support, so even if you can recommend another firmware to try I'll give it a shot.
                  Last edited by johngalt; 05-14-2017, 23:05.

Comment

Hay superceleron I'm kinda new to Android, and still learning my way around, but I brought a Mini m8ii and flashed your Rom.
                    It's so much better than the stock Rom !

Just wanted to personally thank you for this, and other projects you have helped me in the past !!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post
                      Hay superceleron I'm kinda new to Android, and still learning my way around, but I brought a Mini m8ii and flashed your Rom.
                      It's so much better than the stock Rom !

Just wanted to personally thank you for this, and other projects you have helped me in the past !!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                      glad you like it

Comment

I've read the whole topic but I cannot find answer fro my questions.
                        Is this rom can play HD audio on HDMI passthrough?
                        The 4k youtube play is very tempting but if I cannot watch my movies with DTS HD MA or TrueHD then I'll stay on LibreElec..

Comment

Originally posted by pel.hu View Post
                          I've read the whole topic but I cannot find answer fro my questions.
                          Is this rom can play HD audio on HDMI passthrough?
                          The 4k youtube play is very tempting but if I cannot watch my movies with DTS HD MA or TrueHD then I'll stay on LibreElec..
                          Nop no HD audio, that is only on 7(not tested by me... since i dont have the hw to try it)

Comment

superceleron Thank you for the awesome ROM. I am using this on a Beelink Mini MXIII ii and everything is working fine except updating/installing app through Google Play Store. Installation through Aptoide works fine but Play Store is stuck on "Install Pending" for updates to existing apps as well as new installs.

I have tried to clear cache/data for Play Services and Store and have also removed and re-added google account but the issue remains. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Another issue I have found is that activating voice search from the Home screen does not work. It works for searching within apps.

Comment

hmm, i dont turn on my m8 in a while, i will test it!

Comment

Nop no HD audio, that is only on 7(not tested by me... since i dont have the hw to try it)
                                He SC is it allready possible to build one? I have s905x 8/2 gb t95x and i can beta test for you

Comment

Working...
                                X