Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Khadas Vim SCV1A ("Normal" Android)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Khadas Vim SCV1A ("Normal" Android)

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
    Many thks to Mafarricos for sending me the device to play
    Many Thks to my beta testers trebor and RISCy Dude

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!

Changelog V1A:
    • General optimization and how the ram is used, should better now.
    • Fixed Home and mouse buttons on IR Remote!
    • Fixed missing file on xposed
    • fixed some apps and added some missing ones
    Bugs V1A:
    • Same as V1, read bellow....
    Changelog V1:
    • Brand new rom.
    • Custom kernel with some little fixes.
    • Default Governor Interactive ( I recommend adding a heatsink to the device )
    • New Boot Logo, many thks to tattman65 for the great work
    • Custom Wetek WebOs launcher (Many thks to wetek for let me use it)
    • - Menu Button is king on this launcher, its used to add remove icons on the main screen, also to remove widgets.
    • - Long press on the default icons on desktop you can change them to other apps (White Logos...)
    • - Long press on the icons you add to the deskop and you can rearrange them.
    • Live Wallpapers, you can control it in "Settings -> Display -> Daydream." ( you guys need to chose "Backdrop" and add a timer, like 5 min etc... )
    • Working google remote control!
    • Ported the new added stuff from ugoos AM3 1.0.0 rom(Thks ugoos for the nice work) that includes:
    • - USB OTG-HOST Switcher (SC settings -> Hardware -> USB switch)
    • - Gamepad Settings (SC settings -> System -> Gamepad Settings)
    • - NTP Server setting (Date and time -> NTP Server)
    • - Fixed ext4 support
    • - Added choice of actions for sleep timer and power key on RC (Display -> Daydream -> Power key action)
    • - Added ability of disabling wake up from motions (Display -> Daydream -> Wake up from motion)
    • - Added Debug Settings (SC settings -> System -> Debug Settings)
    • - Temperature, Ram etc monitor.
    • - Samba Server
    • - Root / Unroot
    • Proper RGB Fix ( Use the Included app, box-fix )
    • Netflix, youtube, playstore...etc... fully working ( No 4k Youtube, that is exclusive of ATV rom )
    • initd.d support.
    • PS3/PS4 gamepad support ( only with cable... )
    • Fixed Xbox360 gamepad that showed power menu on dpad left, so no need to xposed fix!
    • RGB fix now its on the "stock" android settings(Display)... Can also use the app included.
    • New App that controls Brightness and contrast on the fly, and also apply's the rgb fix, cec fix and the saved brightness value on boot! IT NEEDS ROOT TO WORK.. (Many thanks to catharsys for the app )
    • Gapps updated!
    • Long Press Menu button hide/show upper/bottom bar
    • Updated supersu app so no need to be updated from playstore to update "su" binary. ( Read bugs section )
    • Wifi range should be a little better.
    • Permissions fixed.
    • Gapps Updated!
    • Kodi Brightness fix (videos...)
    • Added Xposed Framework
    • FTMC Build 24
    • Fixed auto frame switch in kodi. It only works on FTMC(included) SPMC 16.6.0, on kodi 16.1 doesn't work because is to old(misses a lot of fixes for the new S9xx devices), Kodi 17 its a it and miss this days!
    • And some other little stuff...
    • DEFAULT UNROOTED
    Bugs V1:
    • IF THE VIM DON'T BOOT IN 6 MIN ON THE 1º BOOT, DISCONNECT THE POWER AND RECONNECT AND WAIT DON'T TOUCH IT UNTIL IT BOOTS....
    • You may loose sound when enable my rgb fix on my kernel only (disconnect the hdmi cable and connect it again to solve it or change source on your tv)
    • Only update "su" if you are going to to stay at root if are not going to stay at root and you are going to be doing a lot of changes between the two dont update it! Or you will get a boot animation loop...
    • Ugoos Firefly it needs ugoos kernel so dont turn it on because it wont work...
    • TO DISABLE THE LED WHEN SLEEP YOU GUYS NEED TO GO TO "Display -> Daydream -> Power key action" AND CHANGE IT TO HIBERNATION, IT WORKS A LOT BETTER FROM MY TESTS!
    • Possible more!
    Want to buy me a beer?Download:Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool....
    Where to buy:1º BOOT MAY TAKE AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 04-28-2017, 16:28.

Need to try this
    MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

1º post updated!

Comment

I agree 100%, a heatsink is recommended. But if one has a fan or laptop cooler, until they get a heatsink mounted, the fan will provide a safe cushion for some who cannot wait to try this very nice ROM.

I have the Vim setting on a centrifugal blower, drawing air from the Vim's bottom plate. While not ideal fan placement, temps stay well under 60c during peak loads. I have yet to decide on a heatsink solution for the Vim, so the fan keeps her cool(or at least safe)until I quit procrastinating.

Thanks Superceleron for your, literally tireless, efforts.
        I get worn out just just watching you work.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          I agree 100%, a heatsink is recommended. But if one has a fan or laptop cooler, until they get a heatsink mounted, the fan will provide a safe cushion for some who cannot wait to try this very nice ROM.

I have the Vim setting on a centrifugal blower, drawing air from the Vim's bottom plate. While not ideal fan placement, temps stay well under 60c during peak loads. I have yet to decide on a heatsink solution for the Vim, so the fan keeps her cool(or at least safe)until I quit procrastinating.

Thanks Superceleron for your, literally tireless, efforts.
          I get worn out just just watching you work.

Comment

great, i will have a look ! for now i am into ubuntu 16.04 for my vim pro

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
              great, i will have a look ! for now i am into ubuntu 16.04 for my vim pro

Comment

Hi superceleron, I have installed your custom ROM, it really is very good.
                I prefer the version SCV1A ("Normal" Android), For compatibility of all apps.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I installed the TWRP recovery for (s905x-3.0.2-0), And it works perfectly,

- I made a backup is OK,
                - Then I did a restore OK,
                And everything works fine.

Install with "[ROOT] Rashr - Flash Tool.apk".

Link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...overy-t3454549
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I bought a remote with voice and it works well ( for me, With French recognition is not really accurate ).

Link : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2-4G-...89160479.html?
                There will be a new ROMCUSTOM with Android 7 (NOUGAT)?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                  Hi superceleron, I have installed your custom ROM, it really is very good.
                  I prefer the version SCV1A ("Normal" Android), For compatibility of all apps.
                  I installed the TWRP recovery for (s905x-3.0.2-0), And it works perfectly,

- I made a backup is OK,
                  - Then I did a restore OK,
                  And everything works fine.

Install with "[ROOT] Rashr - Flash Tool.apk".

Link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...overy-t3454549
                  I bought a remote with voice and it works well ( for me, With French recognition is not really accurate ).

Link : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2-4G-...89160479.html?
                  There will be a new ROMCUSTOM with Android 7 (NOUGAT)?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
                  Thks for the twrp
                  Yes voice its a bit off, same for portuguese lol best one it english of course!
                  Nougat... still not worth it!

Comment

I really like your work and the image. I tried to go with Kodi 17 as i really like to have it but DTS is not working then. If i use an Android 7 Version with Kodi 17 it works like a charm.

When do you think Android 7 is worth it? :-) Or do you think there is a way to get Kodi 17 working on your Image?

Comment

Originally posted by nordlicht View Post
                      I really like your work and the image. I tried to go with Kodi 17 as i really like to have it but DTS is not working then. If i use an Android 7 Version with Kodi 17 it works like a charm.

When do you think Android 7 is worth it? :-) Or do you think there is a way to get Kodi 17 working on your Image?
                      Maybe in a few more builds i will make a ATV 7 for it!

Comment

After using the fan of kadas vim and a little Passive cooling, I decided to adapt a large Passive cooling, With a little thermique paste.
                        the fan of kadas vim, Was really too noisy.

I use the application AIDA64 for my test :

( In my room, it was 25,0°C or 77° F )

MIN = 34,0°C or 93,2° F ( When I connect the power supply, arrived on the office )

MAX = 46,0°C or 114.8° F ( after 30 MIN of streaming 4K " film transformers " )

after 1 hour = 39,0°C or 102.2° F ( Without use )

Now I can really use the kadas vim.

Hi superceleron, a new firmware "Marshmallow_Root_170603" is out ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/u8lbni...Root_170603.7z ).

Do you think, It corrects the problem of the dark image or Should always use your application ?

photos Of my editing :
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Nice bit or thermal modding.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post

Do you think, It corrects the problem of the dark image or Should always use your application ?

photos Of my editing :
                            Nop, that only on droid 7!

Comment

Hi all, here is the last firmware of Khadas Vim 1 ( VIM_Nougat_V170901 ).

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/s1k8ek...ugat_170901.7z

source : http://docs.khadas.com/basics/FirmwareResources/

Comment

Working...
                              X