No announcement yet.

X96 unbranded firmware with some fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that came up and i did not knew before. I told couple days ago about when i flashed that i got by google a password in order i could get into the rom. But i could not found any solution. But i got the same problem with my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro with an Oreo rom android 8. What i should do and did not know was that i had to get WIPE DATA. So that's was the problem. I am saying in order to give info if anybody else get stuck with the same problem.
    So guys if you have the google password issue. In twrp recovery except wipe everything, wipe also DATA!!
    Last edited by zafeira; 10-21-2017, 11:27.

Comment

Hello Downunder 35m, first off all, many thanks for your time here, I am going to use one of your firmwares but I have a "different" box. Below is my box specification, I think that this is a Brazilian version of x96, do you think that your firmwares will works fine here?

- CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 1.5 GHz
      - GPU: ARM Mali-450 até 750MHz
      - RAM: DDR3 2Gb
      - ROM: Onboard Fash e eMMC 16Gb
      - Android 6.0.1

Comment

Depends on how identical the hardware is and what firmware was used on the original.
        I would not risk flashing without a source of the original firmware too.
        As some users already experienced there is a chance it won't work on fakes or copies that don't stick to the original.

Comment

Ok, I will try to backup my current rom.

Comment

Finally an update has been released.
            Currently trying to download it so I can upload to a more user friendly place than Baidu...
            Links will be in the first posting once uploads are complete.
            Once I find some time I will check it myself and see what needs to be done.
            In the meantime feel free to play with it.

Comment

As long as it works for the 1/8 boxes as well?

Comment

It does not say but if the unpacked img is smaller than 1GB it should work fine.
                As said, will check soon when I have the time.
                Download link is available now.

Comment

I hope to release some ROMs based on the last official firmware before the year is gone, but :
                  If anyone already tried the offical firmware then please report back and improvemnts or issues you encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post
                    I hope to release some ROMs based on the last official firmware before the year is gone, but :
                    If anyone already tried the offical firmware then please report back and improvemnts or issues you encountered.
                    Got an upload link for new one? I'll download and try it on my 1/8 box if it will fit

Comment

Did you check the first posting of this thread?

Comment

Yeah found it

Comment

Anyone know if 4k works with these firmwares? I know after testing with original firmware and my new 4k tv this isn't truly outputting 4k so if any of these firmwares fixes 4k playback, please let me know. Two boxes I have don't output true 4k and I have right HDMI cable and a more than capable 4k tv.

Comment

It is not that simple I'm afraid...
                            To watch contnt in 4K the app trying to play it must be able to switch the output for the GPU to video mode and 4K.
                            Android itself only rund at HD resolution.
                            To make things worse it also depends on the codec of the video and if it is supported by the system or app.
                            For Youtube for example you only get 4K on a system using Android TV but not on the normal Android.
                            Kodi is able to switch modes but does not support all codecs out there.
                            You might want to test a dedicated 4K player first, best one that supports HDR as well.

Comment

So does this mean no android box (amlogic and possibly others) can't possibly play 4k? The files play in any player but test files show otherwise on how its rendered

Comment

No they can play 4k with little to no problem at all.
                                The app playing only needs to be able to switch the modes.

Comment

Working...
                                X