No announcement yet.

X96 unbranded firmware with some fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems interesting but not sure if I can give it a try...

Can some one look at pics and confirm what I actually have please? and then tell me my next steps.... thank you 60
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

You got the correct model

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post
        You got the correct model
        thats great so what next?

Twrp?
        flashing?

no idea what to do next... upgraded from the 809 mkiii 424

Comment

Depends on what you want or need.
          TWRP can be used from SD without actually changing the original recovery on the internal memory.
          I can give you a link for the original, untouched firmware (latest from June) or you can just download one of my firmwares.
          I have a version with all the original apps linked in my Instructable, but won't post that here due to the semi legal state of some of these apps in most countries.
          Waiting for the July update assuming they still update on a regular base, but once they do I will check it and if in doubt upload again.

Comment

Depends on what you want or need.
            TWRP can be used from SD without actually changing the original recovery on the internal memory.
            I can give you a link for the original, untouched firmware (latest from June) or you can just download one of my firmwares.
            I have a version with all the original apps linked in my Instructable, but won't post that here due to the semi legal state of some of these apps in most countries.
            Waiting for the July update assuming they still update on a regular base, but once they do I will check it and if in doubt upload again.
            happy for any assistance :-) want to get the best of the box..

Tired of no home button etc so keen to get them back..

How do I go about flashing twrp etc??? 42

Comment

Does the x96 have internal ir?

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you mean by that?

Comment

What do you mean by that?
                  Does the X96 have Infrared??? I know I can use external but does it have Internal... And how do I actaully flash your rom? 615

Comment

Still don't understand the question, the thing comes with an IR remote and it works with it.
                    Flashing was explained several times in this thread in all details, if in doubt please read up on TRWP and normal flashing procedures.

Comment

Still don't understand the question, the thing comes with an IR remote and it works with it.
                      Flashing was explained several times in this thread in all details, if in doubt please read up on TRWP and normal flashing procedures.
                      does that mean we can use an android IR app or another IR remote???

As to flashing... Found your instructable that helped and flashing as I write this 759

Comment

Works great (naked rom of your instructables) what mods would you recommend... Drop me a pm please thank you

and thank you for your hard work 789

Comment

Can't really recommend any mods as I would have no idea what you want to do with the box - installing Linux is always an option, same for games, launchers...

Comment

Ok

so whats the chances of Android 7 ?

Comment

No clue as my skills are not good enough to port Nougat from another device.
                              But I also fail to see the real benefit of it.
                              All boxes still suffer from more or less severe problems on Marshmallow, I simply doubt all these problems will be fixed just by using a newer OS.

Comment

No clue as my skills are not good enough to port Nougat from another device.
                                But I also fail to see the real benefit of it.
                                All boxes still suffer from more or less severe problems on Marshmallow, I simply doubt all these problems will be fixed just by using a newer OS.
                                Was more out of curiosity than need...

The X96 is a great box but your update has made it far better and easier to use... So we are very happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X