No announcement yet.

X96 unbranded firmware with some fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that is all I need to continue if there will be another official update or I get some new ideas.
    If no update by the end of next month I will try to replace the standard launcher with something else.
    Still working on the BT problem but it seems to end with two problems:
    a) There are not really many USB dongles available that use the same chipset as built in solutions.
    First I need to find an available dongle with support for Marshmallow...
    b) My skillset is still quite limited so even I solve a it will be a big task to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post
      Thanks, that is all I need to continue if there will be another official update or I get some new ideas.
      If no update by the end of next month I will try to replace the standard launcher with something else.
      Still working on the BT problem but it seems to end with two problems:
      a) There are not really many USB dongles available that use the same chipset as built in solutions.
      First I need to find an available dongle with support for Marshmallow...
      b) My skillset is still quite limited so even I solve a it will be a big task to make it work.
      Thats great..
      Not had a bluetooth issue as yet but that may be due only connected to a bluetooth lamp/light...

If you need further help am happy to play now I know it would be easier to do a restore etc

Comment

Hello, does this fix the camera issue Force Close

Comment

Is it possible for someone with access to Baidu to upload the official new firmware for the 1-8 version?

I have really tried to get to find it everywhere and registering into Baidu (even with the international option) seems not working for me.

Comment

Already done long time ago, you must have missed the link...

Comment

Already done long time ago, you must have missed the link...
              Thank you for your reply, but I had found that one. I am looking for the firmware of the 1-8 version.

Comment

Well, there is none, that is the last official updated labeled by Baidu to be for the 1/ AND 2/16 with Kodi 17.1.
                If you want a firmware that is only for the 1/8 you are out of luck as the last is from 2016 and I won't bother to download it.

Comment

Well, there is none, that is the last official updated labeled by Baidu to be for the 1/ AND 2/16 with Kodi 17.1.
                  If you want a firmware that is only for the 1/8 you are out of luck as the last is from 2016 and I won't bother to download it.
                  Do I understand you right, that you can use that 2/16 firmware (from your link) on the 1/8 X96 Box?

Edit: Never mind, I already tried the update and it is compatible.
                  Last edited by Maxie; 07-25-2017, 16:46.

Comment

what is actualy new in the new official version? i have a 1/8 x96 dont really have any problems with it just mainly with plex but it seems every single one of these boxes has issues with plex
                    Last edited by DKAngel; 08-10-2017, 15:37.

Comment

Would love to tell you but as with many things made in China there is no changelog or othe official suff letting us know what they have done.#
                      IMHO the main diferences are the added status bar and the newer Kodi version in the original firmware.
                      For now 2 months there was no update at all making me think they already abandoned the platform to move on to the next box to throw on the market.
                      Guess it means there will be no Nougat for it either.

Comment

Well there are other s905x boxes with 7.1.1, the mecool m9s pro plus I bought has it and someone has done a proper ATV romnfor it to start with

Comment

I know there are now quite a few custom Nougat roms out there, same for genuine Nougat based boxes.
                          Problem is that despite the simple thinking of a port from one box to the other should be straight forward it actually is not.
                          I won't claim to be an expert here so I only go with what I managed to figure out.
                          Take the general partition layout as one of the worst culprits.
                          If affects everything from the recovery and actual boot to how the OS finds the files, mount point and pointers.
                          But that is only for porting from one OS version to the same, going Nougat means a lot more changes.
                          If the kernel and bootloader are newer than a downgrade might no longer be possible either unless you happen to have a full burn image that includes all partitions and their layout (or an installer that creates them poperly).
                          And as with ATV I feel similar for Nougat - what the real benefit?
                          So far I have not seen any Nougat Rom that really does it all with no flaws, drawbacks or unsupported stuff.
                          Might be easier to join the Open Linux community and port a fuly working Linux instead - after all that way these things finally get a real life.

Comment

Yeah there is always small quirks with these boxes, Plex on my x96 plays everything but no audio, but my m8s won't play anything in Plex 720p or higher but the audio works perfect, but even then kodi plays everything flawlessly temped to try your ROM out on my 1/8 x96 see how it goes with out all the bloaty stuff

Comment

When it comes down to using locally streamed files I refer to use VLC, so far no problem on my end but I can only go full HD here.
                              Media server is either a hdd connected to my router or Serviio on the running PC.

Comment

Yeah I like Plex just for the layout as I have the kids stuff on smb via Kodi and my shows movies via plex. Not really a deal breaker but obviously Plex problem

Comment

Working...
                                X