Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
    Having said that I'm MORE than happy with running the 20170825 Nano ROM - it is REALLY EXCELLENT
    Do you have a link to this nano ROM 20170825?
    Also...is it installed with OTA app? Or Burncard method? (I cannot do USB Burning tool)

I currently have the 20171001 ATV rom installed....and there is NO OTA app...so I suppose I have to use the Burncard method?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You can install the OTA updates in TWRP. Just open Terminal and type "reboot recovery".

Magendanz
    #61.1
    Magendanz commented
    10-10-2017, 20:46
    You can install the OTA updates in TWRP. Just open Terminal and type "reboot recovery".

Thank you....it sounds easy enough ...but there are no apps called "TWRP" or "Terminal" that I can see in settings or the Apps drawer.
    I noticed in one of the screen shots page 1 there was a "Terminal Emulator" icon...but I couldn't find this in the play store.

Comment

Sorry, I switched over to the standard Terminal app in AOSP and LineageOS. It's actually hidden until you enable it in Developer Options. https://youtu.be/TKIRXVhBvBY

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        Sorry, I switched over to the standard Terminal app in AOSP and LineageOS. It's actually hidden until you enable it in Developer Options. https://youtu.be/TKIRXVhBvBY
        OK...I have finally got the Terminal app setup.....I opened it up and typed "reboot recovery" and this screen came up. (see below)
        Not sure what I had to do...and i'm always shit scared of doing the wrong thing...rather ask stupid questions first !!
        Seeing those warnings & options made me panic and wanted to get out of it...but the remote buttons were useless in doing anything.
        So I pulled out the power plug.
        Luckily the box booted up again to the ATV.
        As I first time user, I would appreciate any step instructions (from anyone) to install the OTA Stock Nexus rom 20170825.zip
        Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	recovery1.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	677357

Comment

Just swipe to allow modifications, click Install, select the source for the OTA update (SD card or USB flash drive with your .zip file), select the .zip file and swipe to install. When that's done, I also recommend using Wipe to do a factory reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Just swipe to allow modifications, click Install, select the source for the OTA update (SD card or USB flash drive with your .zip file), select the .zip file and swipe to install. When that's done, I also recommend using Wipe to do a factory reset.
            Hi Guest, thanks for your patience.
            I did the swipe to allow modifications, click Install, select the source from USB and swiped to Flash.....but it gave an error and did not happen.

Do you have a link for the Nano variant Nexus ROM 20170825 for the BURN PACKAGE.... I would like to try again using the BurnCard method.

Comment

#66.1 Magendanz*commented**10-11-2017, 13:48 Should be archived in here:*http://freaktab.org/3~f

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the Nano variant Nexus ROM 20170825 and wrote it to SD card with BurnCard Maker....and pressed the reset button while powering on ....and it started installing. It all went well and it looks very nice....clean, minimal and customisable. I'm quite happy using this for awhile....thanks* @Magendanz*

edit:
            Have been using this for awhile now and really happy with it...it works perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171013_081920.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	677673

Last edited by legnosecco; 10-12-2017, 23:22.

Comment

My M8S PRO+ came with build 20170815.182813.V0321 and I was able to get DD 5.1 audio pasthrough to my amp with Kodi.

I am now running Nano variant Nexus ROM 20170825 (which is based on 20170815) ...see previous post.

However, I have just tried a movie with DD 5.1 sound track and I cannot get this audio passthrough to my amp with Kodi or SPMC.

I have even tried LibreElec with no luck. Can anyone confirm this - perhaps i've got something wrong?

I may have to go back to original firmware build 20170815.182813.V0321...which is a shame because I like this Nexus rom.

edit:

sorry, my bad !! forgot to check Dolby capable (AC3) receiver ...... ALL good now
              Last edited by legnosecco; 10-13-2017, 05:04.

Comment

OK, so hopefully Google comes out with the WPA2 Krack fix in the next release and Mecool releases an update for that not too long after. Looks like we'll have to update at some point.

Comment

Hello there!
                  Is there an option for the navigation bar to show?

My regards

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, it's under Settings->Display.

Thank you for your answer.
                  This is available in the nano version as well? ( the soft keys i mean)

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, both Nano and Stock variants. It's disabled in the TVStock variant, since that's an Android TV build (which isn't supposed to have a nav or status bar).

Originally posted by mrvanity View Post
                  ...Is there an option for the navigation bar to show?
                  You can see it in my screen shot in this post on previous page - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...783#post675783

(that is the Nano ROM)

Comment

Hi Magendanz.
                    How do you think, its the possible to install this firmware(p21x V0619_Stock) on p212 board? I have z69 tv-box, and I try this firmware - uninterrupted reboot after few seconds after power on. But the firmware from p212 folder(U2+p212_V0321_Nano-20170730.img, for example) - works fine. But 0321 - very sparingly firmware(dont have root, very slow in some moments etc).

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I could do that, but you'd give up Bluetooth. When I tried earlier to port V0321 to p212 generically, I couldn't get Bluetooth working even after adding the right kernel modules. There seem to be some precompiler directives that require a rebuild from source to enable Bluetooth.

I also tried porting the M8S Pro system image (which has Bluetooth), but even downgrading the Mali drivers didn't allow it to boot on the S905X. Gave up after screwing around with that one for a day.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2017, 01:28.

Just wanted to thank you, Magendanz, for your great rom.

I was not happy with the stock 0815 that my box came with, or the 0919 firmware GB provided. 0815 was buggy and sluggish. 0919 was smooth, but it removed the status bar, linked the volume controls, and preinstalled Android TV version of playstore. Your rom fixes all of these issues.

My only problem is that I can't get the RSS Media Reader app to work on this box, but I've experienced the same issue with all 3 roms. I get a force close every time I try to play a video through the app.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! I'm glad that it did the trick for you. This V0619 from VideoStrong is one of my favorite OEM firmware releases, and it helps to have a great foundation.

First: Thanks four your Roms and great Support @ Magendanz

Please forgive me, if i have overread that information:
                    Is it possible to use your Roms (this and ATV), same twrp and option to boot libreelec from sdcard on the 905W (Mecool M8S Pro W TV Box)?
                    The Box is on sale atm, and the differences i found so far is only 4k (30fps) instead of 60fps and maybe no inbuilt bluetooth... (Gearbest says it has Bluetooth 4.0)

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't have a M8S Pro W, but it would be easy to create similar custom ROMs for that device. I would just need them to send me a box for testing.
                  Working...
                  X