Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    First off great ROM. I enjoy it very much. Nice and stable.
    I do have one request though.

I have a gamepad that will not work automatically and I was hoping there is away to fix it.

I am able to get the gamepad to work by using insmod to load the KO file. hid-dr.ko. Of course after reboot I have to do it again .

Is there anyway to have this KO file loaded automatically at startup?

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      By placing it in the /lib/modules directory, that shouldn't be necessary. But to answer your question, the answer is yes. You'd just need to add it to the init.rc, which is in the ramdisk portion of the boot image.

Ok will try thanks

Comment

Guest, do you recommend doing a factory reset after an install? Not an OTA update install, a fresh ROM install via USB Burning Tool.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That's unnecessary. The USB Burning Tool should wipe the user data partition automatically.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2017, 06:44.

Thanks

Comment

Got everything sorted. In the end I used app called bootshell to run insmod at startup, that is after I had to build a male/male USB cable to put the ROM back. I tinkered to much. But again your work is great.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'm realizing just now that in Nougat you could probably do this without touching the boot partition by adding a .rc file to /system/etc/init/.

Now i have Stock Fw V09.19(downloaded from Gearbest).

Do i need to download the "OTA Update" or the "Burning Package" if i want the Nexus Rom and want to use a USB-Stick? Can i use the Update APP from Stock Mecool?

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

Do i need to download the "OTA Update" or the "Burning Package" if i want the Nexus Rom and want to use a USB-Stick? Can i use the Update APP from Stock Mecool?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it works that way. Magendanz ROM is a custom version of 0919. If you're currently running the stock 0919 firmware, you'll need to download and flash to the BURN PACKAGE using either USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker. I believe the OTA update is for those who were already using his ROM, but an older build, and can simply update via TWRP recovery.

Again, I could be wrong, but that was my understanding. Might want to wait for Magendanz word.

edit: I see, thanks for the clarification Guest.
          Last edited by rahzel; 11-01-2017, 01:40.

Comment

So i can download the "OTA Update" file on a USB-Stick and use the Update APP of the Mecool stock rom or is it not possible??

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Just remember to check Wipe Data the first time, so you don't end up in some mixed state.

So many thanks to you Guest your NANO Rom is amazing, no crashes no freezes .....i have just one problem, if i try to mark (it works) and than long press to wait for the popup to copy the text, noting comes ;(.....tried it with opera, cm browser always same issue....is this a kown issue or is there a solve??

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I wasn't tracking that particular issue. Does it work the same on the OEM firmware?

Guest with the V08.15 OEM same problems, V09.19 OEM it worked and now with NANO v10.06 again (tried it with opera mini, opera, cm browser and chrome)....This copy popup just appears, if try to copy the stuff in web adress, same site trying to copy the text from the website, doesn't work

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I unfortunately do inherit some problems from the OEM firmware, many of which I'm just unable to fix (either due to lack of time or lack of source code). If you figure out what they did that fixed it, please let me know.

One more thank Maendanz...

I just moved from TV to nano version and it looks like CEC is not working?
          my unit is with 1 gb and it looks lighter but CEC is major backdraw for me.

Also (I must missed something) I'm unable to do proper dual boot to libreelec, not with their tool or with card burner..
          Update>I just managed to boot to openelec by adam, but it is freezin and there is no samba....

Many thanks and keep up the good work
          Last edited by Provincija; 11-08-2017, 09:32.

Comment

Hello my fellow companions!

I wanna know if there's any kind of "apk" for the OTA Update app that cames pre-installed with stock firmware. I've tested this ROM, however, considering I wanna change it again, how can I proceed without the OTA Update app? My box doesn't came with the "reset" button...

Thanks!|

EDIT: Got it working by flashing with TWRP on a card, and rebooting with Reboot Manager (choosing option to reboot recovery).
            Last edited by Flaviometal; 11-10-2017, 10:19.

Comment

Guest with the V08.15 OEM same problems, V09.19 OEM it worked and now with NANO v10.06 again (tried it with opera mini, opera, cm browser and chrome)....This copy popup just appears, if try to copy the stuff in web adress, same site trying to copy the text from the website, doesn't work
              "Android System WebView" was disabled from the start in my box, i don't know if this could be a problem for my issue?! It's also not possible to press long (in a website) for the option popup (for example 'Open in new tab'), nothing happens if i press long on a link for example

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                You can configure the WebView in Settings->More Settings->Developer Options->WebView implementation. Mine ROMs default first to Chrome Stable, then to Google WebVew.

Anyone have a mouse connected to your box and notice that when your mouse cursor changes (ie from arrow to hand etc.,) it briefly appears in the top status bar? Very minor issue, but slightly annoying.

(edit: This happens on the TX3 Mini as well, so I'm guessing it's a Nougat thing?)

Also Kodi seems to crash the odd time for me but I think this happened with the official software (don't remember and I haven't used the official software much).
              Last edited by rahzel; 11-17-2017, 23:25.

Comment

I had V08.15+SEC713 updated to Nano Rom. Often i need 3 sometimes i need 10 reboots until the box starts and is usable ....Often just boots until the animation and there it animates until i turn off/on again, sometimes it's freezing during the animation, sometimes it starts but something stopped working (for example system ui), than have to reboot it again. Once it started successfully, it's works amazing good.

If i do a factory reset than it's good for 2-3 days (equals 2-3 turning offs and turning ons) using and powering off the night. But than after the 3/4 time turning on, same problems appear until factory reset.

Anyone know something about???

Comment

Working...
                X