Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post
    I had V08.15+SEC713 updated to Nano Rom. Often i need 3 sometimes i need 10 reboots until the box starts and is usable ....Often just boots until the animation and there it animates until i turn off/on again, sometimes it's freezing during the animation, sometimes it starts but something stopped working (for example system ui), than have to reboot it again. Once it started successfully, it's works amazing good.

If i do a factory reset than it's good for 2-3 days (equals 2-3 turning offs and turning ons) using and powering off the night. But than after the 3/4 time turning on, same problems appear until factory reset.

Anyone know something about???
    We have the same ROM version and chip number - SEC 713. I guess your problem is overheating issue. I just added a CPU fan and place a double adhesive reinforced with a wire cable for added ventilation because mecools heatsinks is not enough for dissipating heat in the unit.

My box is stable as a rock without any random reboots and used up to straight 12 hours non stop. I will post a picture of my setup once I go back to home after office.

;-)
    Last edited by tantrums; 11-13-2017, 06:13. Reason: Sorry to OP, this maybe out of topic

Comment

Originally posted by tantrums View Post

We have the same ROM version and chip number - SEC 713. I guess your problem is overheating issue. I just added a CPU fan and place a double adhesive reinforced with a wire cable for added ventilation because mecools heatsinks is not enough for dissipating heat in the unit.

My box is stable as a rock without any random reboots and used up to straight 12 hours non stop. I will post a picture of my setup once I go back to home after office.

;-)
      Thanks, but i have just problems during booting (so the CPU should be ice cold ), when it was powered off for 10 hours. Once started successfully, it's like your box you can watch the whole day hd movies without any issue. Maybe the cpu is overheats during start??!! But feels hotter during HD movies, where no problems appear....so strange to me ;(

Comment

Thanks, but i have just problems during booting (so the CPU should be ice cold ), when it was powered off for 10 hours. Once started successfully, it's like your box you can watch the whole day hd movies without any issue. Maybe the cpu is overheats during start??!! But feels hotter during HD movies, where no problems appear....so strange to me ;(
        CPU's can get hot rather fast. Just because it does it at boot not doesn't mean it couldn't be a heat problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Karce View Post

CPU's can get hot rather fast. Just because it does it at boot not doesn't mean it couldn't be a heat problem.
          If i touch the TV Box during a HD stream or a HD movie it feals warm/hot (just tested yesterday, the whole day it was on and i streamed a match) but no freezes or crashes. The other thing is, that if it doesn't boot (stops always during animation) and i do a wipe data in TWRP, the first boot is always successful. Strang that it boots after wipe data successfully, after trying 10 unsuccessful boots ....so not sure if this is a heat issue

Yesterday found accidentally the SPLITSCREEN function it's amazing

Comment

Yesterday found accidentally the SPLITSCREEN function it's amazing
            Is it split horizontally or vertically?

*I currently have ATV ROM installed. I'm finding a reason to switch to this ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by tantrums View Post

Is it split horizontally or vertically?

*I currently have ATV ROM installed. I'm finding a reason to switch to this ROM.
              Side-by-side (vertical split).

Comment

After all testing with my 2nd device (new layout without defective eMMC) i decided to install this Custom ROM.

First optical impression was not a highlight - but if you look deeper : THIS IS A BURNER !!
                It is running stable, Temperature with live TV in Kodi with dvbviewer is about 64 Celsius without hardware cooling hacks.

KODI top, SPMC top, Amazon Prime Video working, Youtube ok. Weather app ok. and so on..

And Voice Recognition working. Can start my Apps with : ok Google ..
                In Amazon Prime Music Alexa gave me an answer and startet Music, too..

And I have most of my Apps installable back ( Google App Store, Amazon App Store, some from Aptoide ) - in Opposition to a ATV Version Rom.

The airmouse I use is a VOSO Fly Air Mouse V2. A cheap one but doing the job. But Gyro is poor.

Thank you for this ROM!

Is it possible to get better support for the MELE F10 PRO Air Mouse?
                This mouse is ways better, but can not be used, because it has a mic and an internal speaker. So it is recognised as an external USB Sound device.
                All sound will be routed to the air mouse.
                I know there have been some expensive TV Boxes with full support for it. There it was even possible to watch live TV on TV screen and at the same time to hear Music via Air mouse with headphones connected to the airmouse.

But I have absolut no clue what is to be done for full support of this airmouse.

Comment

Stock or Nano version ?

Comment

Nano Version

btw idle temp as seen in Kodi for Android : 44 Degrees C. Device vertical on Wall

Comment

Well i just tried to flash the nano version. I have the new unit without the reset switch. I flashed with OTA and selected wipe data. ROM flashes fine. Android TV starts up and then attempts to start the setup process where you are presented with a setup screen. When I enter setup pressing "Let's Go", I get the message "settings has stopped". I can't continue setup because I keep getting that message so I am stuck. I also reboot and same issue. Any suggestions on how to get out of this?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Any chance you have one of the affected units?

Recovery is going to require you to pop the case and short the reset switch contacts on the PCB. Hold it for about 15secs when powering up to enter TWRP recovery. From there you can install another ROM.

No I don't have an affected unit but I think there is a bug. If you press Let's Go, you do get the error message. What I subsequently did was go in and select English for the language and then it worked (did not get the error). If you just take the default (pressing Let's Go), that is where I get the app error. Really strange.

On a side note, the ROM is great! What i did notice though is shouldn't there be a netflix app in the play store? When I go to the play store, no netflix app? Do I have to side load one? It seems like their should be an ATV version?

Also, how do I update or try your other ROM without a reset switch - is there a way to do it from in the ROM itself or now do I have to short the contacts or can you invoke TWRP from within the ROM?

Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You do it in TWRP, but to get there without the reset switch you need to bring up a Terminal window and type "reboot recovery". The Terminal app is normally hidden, though, and must be enabled in Developer Options...which is itself hidden and exposed by clicking 7 times on Settings->About->Build.

I know this is a hassle, but my newer releases now let you install an update from Settings->About->System update. This ROM just hasn't gotten that yet.

I received my box (2/16GB) from Banggood today and the firmware is (NHG47L 20170914.183646.V0619) and no reset button which I believe is the new batch, is my box safe to flash the Nano variant ROM?

Also, as it doesn't have a reset button, do I download and rename the OTA update file, place on SD card and use the factory update local option in Settings and select wipe data and update?

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, you have the Kingston eMMC with that batch, so you should be fine. And yes, just use the Update app to do a local update with data wipe.
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-25-2017, 06:27.

Hi there! Thanks for the ROM! The stock ROM was so buggy I almost threw the box in the bin. I tried the Android TV version too but I didn't understand what all the fuss was about - give me regular Android any day. One issue I'm having though, is that I'm unable to format the microSD as internal memory. I've tried 3 different cards (64g, 64g, 32g - all class 10) and it fails every time. Well, it doesn't corrupt the 32g card but the maths for shared memory and used storage is all wrong. So is there a workaround? I'd like to download torrents to the microSD but Flud just says the microSD is inaccessible and doesn't give me the option to r/w there

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The persist.fw.force_adoptable=true setting is already in the build.prop on this ROM, and that's usually the problem. There are a lot of issues to consider when formatting for internal storage, though. Have you read this? https://liliputing.com/2015/10/andro...at-a-cost.html

Thanks, I'm going to flash the Nano ROM this week when my SD card arrives, just wondering how do I install TWRP without reset button?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It will install with the OTA update. Just run the Update app, select Local Update, pick the .zip file, check Data Wipe, and confirm.

I am running the nano variant on my 2/16 Mecool M8S PRO+ model and love it...can I flash this on my 1/8G Mecool M8S PRO+ version?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, the firmware includes the 1GB DRAM config device tree.
                    Working...
                    X