Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changelog (20171210):
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171210)
    Known Bugs:
    • Wake from sleep will usually result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
    • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
    • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
    Download:

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Is it possible to add an option to put the box to sleep from the power button on the navbar? ie long press the power button to give more options?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure, it's possible, but you'd need to make code changes to the SystemUI.apk and I don't have source code. I can edit out minor things by removing code from the smali or change layouts and bitmaps by editing resources, but I can't really add new features without source.

Hi, i have a box from the bad batch. What can i do with this? Should i throw it in the bin?

Comment

Originally posted by tanellll View Post
        Hi, i have a box from the bad batch. What can i do with this? Should i throw it in the bin?
        How have you determined this ?
        SEC No. + FW + Freezes (+ Brick After OEM Update.zip) = Full Confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Changelog (20171210):
          • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
          • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.

Known Bugs:
          • Wake from sleep will usually result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
          • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
          • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.

Download:
          Does this have the latest Nov 1 security patch?

Thanks.

Comment

20170829.121614.V0321 and sec652, i havent try to flash. Because i dont know what will happen.

Comment

20170829.121614.V0321 and sec652, i havent try to flash. Because i dont know what will happen.
              652 + 0829 is a bad sign

If you don't have any freezes then you can just use as is.
              Or if you can get a replacement under warranty try for that ...

Comment

Changelog (20171210):

Known Bugs:

Download:
                Does the latest update have the newest security patch (Nov 1st)?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, it's based on the same 20170919.150557.V0619 OEM firmware release. Sadly, this is the latest available.

Originally posted by P.X View Post

652 + 0829 is a bad sign

If you don't have any freezes then you can just use as is.
                Or if you can get a replacement under warranty try for that ...
                Is a brick guaranted?

Comment

Is a brick guaranted?
                  If you have no freezes you may be lucky ?
                  The only way to know is to try an official OEM update.zip ....
                  Or just use as is !?

Comment

Hello everyone, I just received one of these models (1gb / 8gb version) and I'm very disappointed, the firmware that comes installed is full of errors.
                    Whenever I open an application it takes a lot to open and then asks to close or wait.

I've had other cpu rockchip and amlogic models and I've never had any of these problems.

Comes with:
                    Kernel
                    Sat JUL 15 09:33:44 CST 2017
                    Compilation Number
                    M8SPro + -userdebug7.1.1
                    NMF226Q 20170715.093046.V0321

OTA Version

Comes with the Chip
                    samsung 710
                    KLM861WEPD-B031
                    S5CU8GIYN

Do you recommend some firmware? I was reading the previous posts but I was in doubt if with this chip I can upgrade without risk of brick.

Best regards

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, I might be biased, but I'd suggest you give this Nexus custom ROM (Nano, Stock or TVStock) a try. That said, with only 1GB of DRAM you will have some performance issues.

I have seen in "settings" is bluetooth listed now. Tried 3 different dongles without luck. Turning bluetooth on does not work for me.
                    Do you still work on this ?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, I'm getting closer...but still can't discover Bluetooth devices. The kernel module, services and apps are loading now, though.

Changelog (20171216):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20171128.111200.V0928)
                    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 using latest OEM kernel
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171216)
                    Known Bugs:
                    • Wake from sleep will result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
                    Download:

Comment

Guest, thanks for the quick update.

Do you have the changelog on this new firmware? Or do you know what the differences are?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't, but it's an update from V0619 to V0928 and so I suspect it would mirror that update on the M8S Pro and M8S Pro L.

Changelog (20171216):
                      • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20171128.111200.V0928)
                      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 using latest OEM kernel
                      • Latest build from Open GApps (20171216)

Known Bugs:
                      • Wake from sleep will result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.

Download:
                      OK, so does the latest update have the newest security patch (Nov 1st)? ☺

Comment

Working...
                      X