Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pavlo View Post
    Sorry I'm a noob with this box, I just bought one as a gift for my brother.
    What's the Shiningworth firmware?

And did the fixes that wrxtasy mentioned in the first pages still work for refresh rate switching in kodi?
    Most people probably don't know Shenzhen Shiningworth Technology, but if you ever bought a low cost Android TV box, it may have been made by them.

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post

Most people probably don't know Shenzhen Shiningworth Technology, but if you ever bought a low cost Android TV box, it may have been made by them.
      Unfortunately we are not Chinese so if you are in some special contact with that misunderstood people, try to ask them when they solve problem with wake up from sleep (EVERY mecool model is not able to wake from sleep state), or how it is posible that some cheapest boxes like M8SPRO+ are able to encode ac3 5.1 streams with native amplayer and another BB2 PRO not or freezes up the stream after few minutes.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, it's VideoStrong that's developing the Mecool M8S PRO series, and for a long time they claimed the reboot on wake from sleep was a "feature". The Shiningworth firmware has always gotten it right (and they added support for a bunch of wireless chipsets and IR remotes).

Why do you think i im contact whit them,just a google search.......

Comment

Hi, im new with ATV but finally get working box with kodi, netflix and polish hbo go - but the quality of hbo go i very very poor - its not network issue - what can be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by rikr72 View Post
          Hi everybody, a new Mecool user here.
          Received yesterday, and it doesn't have a reset button, so I updated it via USB with the app updater to M8S PRO+ OTA 20171124.183803.V0928.
          I don't like the original ROM, and I want to flash this TVStock Nexus ROM, but when I tried to instal it, I have this error "Failed to load map file" so I just reboot to original system. I tried also with the nano nexus rom, and I had the same. The USB are in FAT32 format, and I downloaded the files several times, but I get always the same error. Does anybody know whatś wrong?

Thanks in advance.
          Richard.
          Does somebody know about "failed to load map file" error, I dont find any info about It.

Thanks
          Richard.

Comment

I happen to download a new GApps package yesterday and noticed that Android TV 8.0 was listed. I love your current Nougat ROM but is an Oreo ATV build for M8S PRO+ something you'd consider?

Comment

Does somebody know about "failed to load map file" error, I dont find any info about It.

Thanks
              Richard.
              Are you trying to install the zip files or the img files?

Edit: I just tried installing both the 0928 OTA and the Nano zips from a USB flash drive and it worked both times. Maybe you can install TWRP recovery and try installing from that. You can unzip Nano and get it from there. Of course you would have to load it using the Update app. If it installs you can get Boot Droid from the Playstore and use it to boot to TWRP.
              Last edited by ehoser; 01-22-2018, 02:59.

Comment

Thanks for the rom and all the effort!
                I do have a question though.

How can I boot in to recovery?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can type "reboot recovery" from any terminal window (adb or local). And if you have a reset switch (or can short the pads on the PCB), holding that for about 15 seconds during power-up will boot to recovery.

Originally posted by ehoser View Post

Are you trying to install the zip files or the img files?

Edit: I just tried installing both the 0928 OTA and the Nano zips from a USB flash drive and it worked both times. Maybe you can install TWRP recovery and try installing from that. You can unzip Nano and get it from there. Of course you would have to load it using the Update app. If it installs you can get Boot Droid from the Playstore and use it to boot to TWRP.
                Thanks for your reply. I used the .zip file in the app updater. I will do what you say, install the recovery.img and then try to flash the zip.

Thank's
                Richard

Comment

My tv box restarts only often shortly after turning it on. After restarting I have to turn it off and on again because the wifi disappears. It happens to someone else? Is there any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by chinubrio View Post
                    My tv box restarts only often shortly after turning it on. After restarting I have to turn it off and on again because the wifi disappears. It happens to someone else? Is there any solution?
                    define "shortly after turning on" : its on boot logo, on launcher, when.... Which board version and which wifi chip have you inside.... Which ROM version you have....

Comment

Originally posted by mXHX View Post

define "shortly after turning on" : its on boot logo, on launcher, when.... Which board version and which wifi chip have you inside.... Which ROM version you have....
                      The version of the board I do not know, but it is the one that already comes without reset button. I have the last ROM with AndroidTV (although it happened to me in the previous version). It restarts sometimes when the whole system has already started, and occasionally after hours running (it is a bit random).

Comment

M8S Pro+ with firmware ATV from 20171216
                        My 4K Oled TV is 4:4:4 10bit capable, also Amlogic Tool says so but, under settinks if the display is set to auto detect it identifies 2160p@60hz and 4:2:0 10bit. If set manualy there is option for 4:4:4 at 8bit but 10bit not available.
                        I think that the box hardware specs stated it was also 4:4:4 10 bit capable. If it is correct like this what is the better choice?
                        Also that the 905x is 64bits but when I try to instal SPMC v. aarch64.apk it says not compatible.
                        Is there any cause for that?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I used the .zip file in the app updater. I will do what you say, install the recovery.img and then try to flash the zip.

Thank's
                          Richard

Sorry, the recovery in the Nano zip is an img file. I think you will need the zip.

Here is one (look down the page to post #8)

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...11b-g-n?q=twrp
                          Last edited by ehoser; 01-22-2018, 17:55. Reason: Quoted the wrong post.

Comment

Hey, what about usb bluetooth support?

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This proved to be much more difficult than expected, since the Bluetooth support is removed at compile time. To get this to work, I'm going to have to shift over to another OEM firmware as foundation. This is not something to undertake lightly, but I've got a promising candidate from Shiningworth that's similar to what I'm using for the Amlogic q201 reference board. (Unfortunately, it's also running the user interface in 720p instead of 1080p.)
                          Working...
                          X