Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eramik View Post

I had the same issue, but managed to flash using the usb burning tool referred to in the first post.

Thanks for your effort, but I'm afraid it didn't help. Sound settings already was in auto.

Resetting to factory settings didn't help either. Now I reflashed which partly helped as stero sound works, but not surround sound.
    I can't get surround sound to work on my setup either.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbBoxie View Post

I can't get surround sound to work on my setup either.
      ​​​My surround returned when I flashed back to 20171001. I guess 20171216 also working since I have this update on my HDD, and are pretty sure I had this prior to updating.

Magendanz have others reported issues with surround with your latest build?

Comment

With the latest update, OTA update, surround sound was broken for me as well. So i had to downgrade the firmware again for this. Thus using the USB Burning Tool.
        Did a complete wipe and flashed 20171208.183013.V0928 again (this time not with OTA update but with USB Burning tool). Still no surround sound, no matter what setting i tried and the menu look weird, no AndroidTV...

Then i did a complete wipe again and flashed 20170919.150557.V0619. Now when booting i get the MECOOL logo when booting...and no androidTV...so the menu looks really weird.
        Surround sound is working though.

Then i did a complete wipe again and flashed 20171128.111200.V0928. Now when booting, i still get the MECOOL boot logo and still no AndroidTV...Surround sound is working though.

I wanted to flash (20170815.182813.V0321) but the link seems down.

I'm selecting the following options when flashing with USB burning tool;
        - Force erase all
        - Erase bootloader
        - reset after succes
        - Overwrite Key NOT selected.

Before i updated to the latest firmware using the OTA firmware, everything was working great, including AndroidTV....now the android part is completely useless for me

Can anyone provide maybe an older firmware to flash which i can try? Or provide some insights what i; doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Comment

Hello. Would someone be able to share mediacodecs.xml file from a version of software newer than 08.2017?

Comment

Originally posted by chiel_78 View Post
            With the latest update, OTA update, surround sound was broken for me as well. So i had to downgrade the firmware again for this. Thus using the USB Burning Tool.
            Did a complete wipe and flashed 20171208.183013.V0928 again (this time not with OTA update but with USB Burning tool). Still no surround sound, no matter what setting i tried and the menu look weird, no AndroidTV...

Then i did a complete wipe again and flashed 20170919.150557.V0619. Now when booting i get the MECOOL logo when booting...and no androidTV...so the menu looks really weird.
            Surround sound is working though.

Then i did a complete wipe again and flashed 20171128.111200.V0928. Now when booting, i still get the MECOOL boot logo and still no AndroidTV...Surround sound is working though.

I wanted to flash (20170815.182813.V0321) but the link seems down.

I'm selecting the following options when flashing with USB burning tool;
            - Force erase all
            - Erase bootloader
            - reset after succes
            - Overwrite Key NOT selected.

Before i updated to the latest firmware using the OTA firmware, everything was working great, including AndroidTV....now the android part is completely useless for me

Can anyone provide maybe an older firmware to flash which i can try? Or provide some insights what i; doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! mecool.pl ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf mecool.pl alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post

There is only one chip in the MS8S PRO+ Amlogic S905X and not the s905w............................................
              There is a version of the M8S PRO + with S905W.

Comment

Originally posted by bkc2 View Post

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! mecool.pl ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf mecool.pl alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Thanks so much!

I first flashed using the burning tool;
                M8S_PRO+-NMF26Q-20170815.182813.V0321.img

No androidTV
                ​​​​​​After installing

I then went to system update and used the local update: M8S_PRO+-20170919.150557.V0619-fixed.zip
                (Wipe cache and data).
                Still no AndroidTV.

Went back and rebooted into recovery, wiped all data. (Install terminal app, type su, type reboot recovery)
                And installed the M8S_PRO+-20170919.150557.V0619-fixed.zip again. Still no AndroidTV.

Now i went and installed; update_M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20171210.zip

from Recovery.
                Got AndroidTV back again and HD/Surround sound is working again!
                (Maybe i could have skipped the -fixed version..dunno...just happy i got it up and running again).

Only problem i have now is that Netflix, when starting shows the Netflix Logo...and then immediately goes to a black screen....
                tried reinstalling, clearing cache and data for netflix etc, nothing helps.

(Btw this is not a black screen when trying to start a movie...i see the netflix letters, and then just a black screen).

Anyone have an idea for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lich View Post
                  1. I know that to have 5.1 in Netflix's App I have a DD+ receiver. Now I've linked the box to my OLED 55EG9A7V and the TV to my sinto throu SPDIF. The Netflix app installed into TV can reproduce 5.1 sounds but the box no. But the OLED can decode the DD+. What is it wrong?

Thanks in advance.
                  Daniele
                  @wrxtasy can you help me? do you think the OLED can't licensed for DD+?
                  Here the specs: https://www.lg.com/hk_en/tv/lg-OLED55EG9A7

EDIT: LG confirm me that the TV support DD+

Thank you

Last edited by Lich; 10-29-2018, 16:57.

Comment

Hello, can someone please tell me how to update from Changelog (20171216) to Changelog (20180706)?

I constantly get error Netflix tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) on most of the tv series.

This error happens when you have an issue with the data stored on your device. Follow the steps in this article for your device to fix the issue.

Last edited by fpmpaolo; 10-29-2018, 19:36.

Comment

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post
                      Hello, can someone please tell me how to update from Changelog (20171216) to Changelog (20180706)?

This error happens when you have an issue with the data stored on your device. Follow the steps in this article for your device to fix the issue.

I'm on the latest build but that Netflix error still occurs. I thought I was alone in this situation.

Hope someone can fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post

Check your sound settings.. tru to set to pcm or hdmi raw.

Comment

It was already PCM.
                          I tried to change to HDMI RAW but still the same.
                          I'm going NUTS.

Comment

I suggest to downgrade the version. I do it last week.
                            Check the post of Chiel_78..

Comment

Originally posted by Lich View Post
                              I suggest to downgrade the version. I do it last week.
                              Check the post of Chiel_78..
                              I tried downgrade to many vesions but still not working.

FYI. Not all movies/series get this errors though. Recent US series seem to got this errors but Asian series and non-US series seem playable.

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post

Recent US series seem to got this errors but Asian series and non-US series seem playable.
                                It's not a matter of recent productions.
                                It happens with Breaking Bad, and that's 4/5 years old.
                                It's a matter of video&audio quality.
                                Sometimes Breaking Bad is displayed as ULTRA-HD 4K, sometimes HD, but it never works.

A possibile workaround could be a HDMI Splitter, someone in another forum bought this one for a Xiaomi MI Box

Buy ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI 1 in 2 Out Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D | Model: VHD-1X2MN3D: Splitters - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

I'm buying a similar one here in Italy, and I will try with that.

Last but not least.
                                Try to run the test patterns: in my case none of them as worked, and after a couple of seconds the video freezes with the tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) message.
                                Have a try and let me know please.

Ciao dall'Italia!

Comment

Working...
                                X