Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbrick Procedure for Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G Voice Control 2/16 (Samsung KLMBG4GEND-B031)

Afrer loaded M8S_PRO+-V0928_TVStock-20180706.img my device completely bricked, stuck red led
    So i solved the problem for my self, and i want to share the solution to help anyone with the same dev

1. Open BurnTool 2.1.6, load atvXperience_S905W_V2H_FINAL.img (*) and press Start
    2. Short pins 2-3 (perhaps 3-4, up-right of the Nand chip) and connect device via usb M2M to your PC
    3. You must hear dong sound when your device detected from pc and led being blue (be patient, maybe needs repeat the procedure many times)
    4. The progress starting. If stuck on 4% or see anything log error just wait or repeat the procedure again
    5. When finish 100% success press Stop tab close app and disconect the device

(*) WiFi don't work BUT is better from factory

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Giulio View Post

But does it work with remote controller using directions keys or you need to use the mouse like mobile version?
      It's up to you, they both work.

Comment

Hi guys..Have this mecool M8S pro +..with CPU: Amlogic S905W ..Here is link https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363.

Any chance to install this ROM on device? Or is any other ROM that works fine?

Regards

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! I understand when OEMs need to change wireless chipset, DRAM or eMMC suppliers, but they're now swapping out inferior SoC models? The M8S PRO + should have an Amlogic S905X, not the S905W. They've really reduced the advertised capabilities of this box by downgrading the processor.

Guest : I thought I found / saw an ATV rom S905x based with BT USB dongle support. But I cant find it anymore. Could you kindly assist? Or am I wrong?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The only thing I was able to find was an old ODROID-C2 build, which didn't migrate to the M8S Pro + cleanly.

Got it!!

Android 6, S905x mx3 II, m8sII with bt dongle support:

Comment

In case I have the driver file, is it hard to include it?

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post

new stock rom was released a few weeks ago that lets you use netflix, not sure what resolution though: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...oid-7-1/page17

hopefully Guest will update this rom using the new image.
            So, how are plans about an Android TV ROM going ?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, this is an Android TV ROM...and it's been available for over 18 months. What are you asking?

Well first, sincerely, sorry if I brushed you the wrong way. This is unintended, as I'm the one asking you help, and wouldn't want my tone/phrasing to prevent that.

At the time (December), your reply was:
            "Working on it. I had to do TWRP builds for the new S905X2 boxes this weekend. (Someone sent me hardware, and that always gets priority.)"

My question is then: would it be possible to make an Android TV ROM from this new stock rom ?

If I'm not mistaken, the latest on front page is based off 20171208.183013.V0928. The new one is 20180806, with (at the time) fixed support for Netflix.

Note: I'm planning to then replace the default root by magisk, given that now some apps try to detect root and refuse to work if it is found.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, yes. That I can do, and I've just been distracted with other projects. I wouldn't expect the old Netflix fix to still work, though. They've upped their game since then.

Changelog (20190213):
            • Wake from sleep will no longer result in a restart. This was fixed in the underlying OEM firmware.
            • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
            • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20180806.102424.V0213)
            • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using omni-twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
            • Latest build from Open GApps (20190209)
            Known Bugs:
            • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but quits unexpectedly unless connected through Chrome.
            Download:

Comment

Hi Guest ,

Thanks for your provided the lastest update. I just try with the OTA Update file (as I don't have USB OTG cable to use USB Burning Tool), but unfortunately I got the error as below picture, could you advice what I've done it wrong ? Thanks.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like you've got a newer version of the OEM firmware than any others that I've seen, one that changed ro.product.device. Please hold off on updating until I reconcile the two. I think I found it posted here: https://www.fshare.vn/file/9YTY37GEDDI5

Okay, if you have a unit with the 20180827.121904.V0213 firmware branded as a M8S PRO PLUS, it's not compatible with this custom ROM.

That's because these units are actually based on the Amlogic S905W SoC and p281 reference board, not the S905X and p212 reference board as the M8S PRO PLUS was originally specced. Frankly, the OEM pulled a fast one on you and you've got a significantly less capable device, and if I were the victim of this bait-and-switch, I'd be asking for a refund. You bought the M8S PRO PLUS, and what they sent you was a M8S PRO W rebranded as a M8S PRO PLUS.

Comment

Does Netflix (ATV version) work with the new update? Or it will ever get fixed at all.

I'm now using CoreELEC from sd card. If Netflix will not work anymore I'll install CoreELEC to internal of this box instead (I bought this box espescially for Netflix).

Thanks for your supports.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                  Okay, if you have a unit with the 20180827.121904.V0213 firmware branded as a M8S PRO PLUS, it's not compatible with this custom ROM.

That's because these units are actually based on the Amlogic S905W SoC and p281 reference board, not the S905X and p212 reference board as the M8S PRO PLUS was originally specced. Frankly, the OEM pulled a fast one on you and you've got a significantly less capable device, and if I were the victim of this bait-and-switch, I'd be asking for a refund. You bought the M8S PRO PLUS, and what they sent you was a M8S PRO W rebranded as a M8S PRO PLUS.
                  Thanks Guest for your clarification, then I will not looking to upgrade my box.

Comment

Chinese fraud. ....not first Time....I purchased an as advertised s912, 2gb,16gb, bt for 32eur, i92.

I received rk3229, 1gb, no Bluetooth! They changed bootlogo stating S912. Ich you are Not slightly experienced...you get fooled...

Comment

Originally posted by ]=Magendanz View Post
                      Changelog (20190213):

[*]TVStock Variant: BURN PACKAGE (1.03GB IMG file), OTA UPDATE (568MB ZIP file)
                      Hi Guest

Thanks for the update.
                      I've installed the OTA UPDATE.
                      I'm using the app RaiPLAY for Android TV ver 2.1.3 from here

When running the app, there is a "title bar" with the blue "RaiPlay" at the top.....this bar is ON ALL the time and is annoying.
                      Is there a way to remove it?
                      I have another different brand (Vodafone) media box running its own AndroidTV 7.1.2 and the "RaiPlay" title bar disappears after starting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2438-ATV.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	762785

Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think that's the system status bar. Looks like something the app is throwing up.
                    Working...
                    X