Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi dear
    did you think is wold working on m8s II even have bug wifi i not use wifi ^^

tanx for helping

have good day

Comment

I just baught my meecool arrived now i onlyne use most for kodi . i don´t like original software because is laucher is very bad and has tv centenr instead of kodi is this rom stable?

Comment

i use this box mainly for iptv.
        i recommend spmc instead of latest kodi.

netflix in this box works better than the netflix app on my sony smart tv.

i have also installed sky go (pay tv in germany) app from apk file.
        this one also works perfectly.

first thing everyone should do is: install this rom.

i also own a mi box 3 which costs double the price.
        it's the same experience.
        no need to spend that much money if you can have this.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
        Last edited by hsrn; 08-09-2017, 15:30.

Comment

Hi can anyone confirm. This rom is supposed to be unrooted. When i install all apps say box is rooted. Tested apps needing root and all work. Please confirm root status of rom. Also how to unroot as there is no super user I can see

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
            Hi can anyone confirm. This rom is supposed to be unrooted. When i install all apps say box is rooted. Tested apps needing root and all work. Please confirm root status of rom. Also how to unroot as there is no super user I can see

Guest hELP PLEASE

Comment

Will this work on tx5 pro with qca9377 wifi?

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post

Guest hELP PLEASE
                It's not rooted.

Comment

just gave this a whirl, so far so good, only problem i have is plex is munted on this rom and the stock rom, anything 720p and above audio plays fine but the video freezes, though everything runs fine in kodi =]
                  will be keeping an eye on this as its nice to have support =] its not a bad little box, any way of adding bluetooth back in via the cheap little dongles?
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534

It's not rooted.
                    Mine is why I was asking. Will flash again and see. I updated from zip using update. All apps report box rooted including es file explorer. Root checker.. Reboot app and our satellite app DSTV Now.

Comment

Originally posted by marine_tugah View Post
                      I just baught my meecool arrived now i onlyne use most for kodi . i don´t like original software because is laucher is very bad and has tv centenr instead of kodi is this rom stable?
                      You don't like the launcher, and you don't like that it doesn't have kodi?

Well, fix one, go on app store or aptoide or playstore, search launcher and pick which everyone you want.

Fix two, go on app store or aptoide or playstore, search kodi and install it.

Comment

Rookie question:

Can I install this ROM on an SD Card and boot from there, to see how it feels before making the switch?
                        (but I think I read it includes factory reset anyway, so install to NAND should be OK?)

How is the WiFi performance with this ATV ROM - is it improved any?
                        On the OEM (latest 7.1) it is just woeful - super-slow download speed - less than 2Mbps compared to ~60 with another box placed in same location

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
                          Can I install this ROM on an SD Card and boot from there, to see how it feels before making the switch?
                          There are ways of booting to a recovery partition this way, but I've never tried it with a system partition. It should be possible, in theory.

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
                          How is the WiFi performance with this ATV ROM - is it improved any? On the OEM (latest 7.1) it is just woeful - super-slow download speed - less than 2Mbps compared to ~60 with another box placed in same location
                          Nope, wireless performance should be exactly the same as with the stock OEM firmware, since I haven't made any changes to the wireless configuration. These boxes have really cheap internal antennas, and there's really not a lot we can do about that in the firmware.

Comment

The placement of the wifi chip makes it work better some times. I moved mine seems ok to me standard for cheaper box.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Became interested in this ROM because of Widevine L1 and HDCP 1.x this M8S Pro + has.
                              This makes for a pretty rare combo in a cheapie box that can also Dual Boot LibreELEC !

Quite a nice ROM @Magendanz especially when combined with easy to use ATV.
                              I have a few suggestions....

LCD density for real Android TV's build.prop is 280 DPI - currently this ROM is using 240 which makes text hard to see when viewing the TV screen from sitting on a lounge chair a distance away.
                              Not everyone has 20/20 vision. Mine vision is not that good to be honest.

As expected Kodi or SPMC dynamic refresh refresh switching is not working, I actually prefer FTMC 16.x.x anyway as its a lot snappier and interfaces with AMLogic better, especially for PVR use and reliable Hardware deinterlacing.

So with that in mind you can get FTMC (Kodi Jarvis) dynamic refresh switching working using Amcodec hardware decoding. This then results in ultra smooth video playback if this is done:

Code:
                              chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode
                              I'm not fully up to speed on Android but believe the above can be added to init.amlogic.rc to fix this permissions issue.

Downside is that 10bit HEVC playback is then a bit buggy, triggering a unwanted refresh switch back to GUI refresh rate when you skip about video during playback.

What is happening with the HEVC skipping issue is the Kernel is sending an "end_hint" signal and AMLogic's SystemControl binary is cacheing it and changing the refresh rate in error every time. This signalling should be disabled IMHO.

AML Android should be checking /sys/class/display/mode to see if the required refresh rate already equals the current playback refresh rate in this 10bit HEVC playback instance.
                              Similar to what is already done in Kodi Krypton HERE (click)

That will be enough for this post...

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
                                LCD density for real Android TV's build.prop is 280 DPI - currently this ROM is using 240 which makes text hard to see when viewing the TV screen from sitting on a lounge chair a distance away. Not everyone has 20/20 vision. Mine vision is not that good to be honest.
                                Actually, standard ATV density is 320dpi, which was problematic for a lot of non-ATV apps. However, 280 might be a good compromise.

As for the kernel changes, as I policy I always release with unmodified OEM kernels. (I just don't have the confidence that I'm not going to make things worse.) If superceleron tells me it's the right thing to do, however, I'll consider it.

Comment

Working...
                                X