Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just need to turn it on in Developer Options. Click the build area 7 time in About to expose that.

Comment

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post
      Magendanz, got both my boxes on latest install now nice work what else could possibly make this ROM more awesome?
      Google Play movies does not show video (only progress bar is shown). You can only hear movie's audio (I used color correction to have a solution but I had to make a factory reset, because device became dead after color correction )

Also I have black screen on Netflix. There is nothing on screen and I cannot come back to home via "back" button.

There is another problem, but this one is about my device specific. Sometimes device shut itself down due to the heavy load may be :/

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        You just need to turn it on in Developer Options. Click the build area 7 time in About to expose that.
        THX

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just got one of the lucky one, B041 sec713, version 20170815. Bricked it after ato update. Tried everything except mask rom, didn't work. Went through all the threads this morning. And now problem solved and I even have the tvstock running in the box now.

​solution is simple: open usb burning tool, import original 20170815 version IMG, click start, tick force erase, hold reset , plug in usb to computer ONLY (don't connect power!!!), flashing started within 3 seconds.

After checking it did work, I flashed tvstock 0930 version same way without any problem.

Last edited by George1010; 10-03-2017, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

Google Play movies does not show video (only progress bar is shown). You can only hear movie's audio (I used color correction to have a solution but I had to make a factory reset, because device became dead after color correction )

Also I have black screen on Netflix. There is nothing on screen and I cannot come back to home via "back" button.

There is another problem, but this one is about my device specific. Sometimes device shut itself down due to the heavy load may be :/
            My nexflix plays fine and watching previews in google movies works for me also

Comment

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post

My nexflix plays fine and watching previews in google movies works for me also
              Which firmware did you install? That might be the TV resolution. Mine is 4K

Comment

Hi,

Just got a new box delivered from BangGood.

My order was made during the super cheap 11th Aniv. Sale but was delayed shipping - Maybe the bad batch was withdrawn !?

The new box is build Date Code - BB-ROC170825PS
                eMMC is Kingston
                RAM is 4x matched code (Not just marked D/X)
                There is NO RESET Button !!
                FW - NHG47L 20170914.183646.V0619

Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+Kingston--BB-ROC170825PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.3 KB ID:	675394
                Last edited by P.X; 10-04-2017, 15:24.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your reset switch is mounted on the top of the PCB facing the front vent (bottom), at lower-left corner in your photo just below the wireless chipset. It's a little awkward to access through the vent, but you can do it with the other end of a paper clip as shown here: http://freaktab.com/node/660688

Got the 701 and didn't see the warning about the bad batch, flashed to the latest ATV. Obviously it didn't go well. I was able to boot to twrp recovery, tried everything but didn't work.

At last resort, I used the burn card program put the original fw on it. Saw a quick flash on my TV screen and the box just shut down. Now the light just stays red, wont turn on by remote or unplug plugging the power cable. So I assume it's bricked then?

Thanks

Comment

UPDATE: New box has reverted to older BAD UK Power Supply ????

Bad UK Power Supply - Causes Issues with RF Transmission.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	M8S-Pro+-BBAD-ChargerLeft1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	675399
                  BAD has Round Coax power lead - Good has Twin-Wire lead (also smaller bulge!)

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+-BBAD-ChargerLeft1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	675399
                    Do you think WiFi performance is about Power Supply? I have very bad WiFi connection and I have EU plug adapter. Should I change power adapter and try?
                    Thank you

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+-BBAD-ChargerLeft1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	675399
                      my new one came with a euro plug :/

Comment

Hi,

My order was made during the super cheap 11th Aniv. Sale but was delayed shipping - Maybe the bad batch was withdrawn !?

eMMC is Kingston
                        FW - V0619

Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+Kingston--BB-ROC170825PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.3 KB ID:	675394
                        Did you look at the bottom of pcb?

Comment

Hi,

eMMC is Kingston
                          FW - V0619

Click image for larger version Name:	M8S-Pro+Kingston--BB-ROC170825PS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.3 KB ID:	675394
                          also thats the same box i got, its labled as a s912 but they are only 905x

Comment

I've got a 5.1 eMMC version, labeled as SEC 649. I was able to install without problems 20170825 Megandan's ROM. Just a few minutes ago I was able to flash via OTA (TWRP), the latest 20171001 build succesfully.

So not all the 5.1 memories are faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

Do you think WiFi performance is about Power Supply? I have very bad WiFi connection and I have EU plug adapter. Should I change power adapter and try?
                              Thank you
                              Worth a try !
                              Just a bit difficult to find one with the little Yellow 4.0x1.7mm Plug
                              I had an old TomTom adapter that luckily fits and is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X