Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Unfortunately there isn't. You must have to open the box.
    Hi. I have opened the BOX, and the chipset is: SAMSUMG 649 - KLMAG2WEPD-B031

This is one of the BAD batch?

Comment

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post

my new one came with a euro plug :/
      I got lucky - or - You got lucky, if your EU version works well ?

Are you in the UK ?
      Did they send an adapter ?

Comment

Originally posted by Meiden View Post
        I've got a 5.1 eMMC version, labeled as SEC 649. I was able to install without problems 20170825 Megandan's ROM. Just a few minutes ago I was able to flash via OTA (TWRP), the latest 20171001 build succesfully.

So not all the 5.1 memories are faulty.
        No - But they might be ... !

We don't have a test to run before any updating reveals the status

Comment

also thats the same box i got, its labled as a s912 but they are only 905x
          Yes, they got it wrong on the underside label (which is also placed on the PCB inside - Same ID Code inside (pic above)

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post

Hi. I have opened the BOX, and the chipset is: SAMSUMG 649 - KLMAG2WEPD-B031

This is one of the BAD batch?
            No - That is a 5.0 eMMC - the 2 is the easy identifier KLMAG2WEPD
            Haven't heard of any 5.0 being faulty ...

Strangely
            "2" is 5.0
            and later 5.1 is "1"

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Are you in the UK ?
              nah im in au, i have one with an eu plug and one with uk plug both work just fine with either

Comment

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

Did you look at the bottom of pcb?
                Yes.

No Reset Switch there either !

Comment

nah im in au, i have one with an eu plug and one with uk plug both work just fine with either
                  Is your UK plug one the same as either of my versions ?

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Are you in the UK ?
                    I have Mi Box 3 and Mecool M8S PRO+

While Mi has a good performance, Mecool is dying on WiFi connection (sometimes drops). Even it is near router.

I will try to use another adapter and check if there is any difference.

They send me EU adapter. No, I am not in UK. I just wonder if the source of bad WiFi is power supply or not.

Thank you

Comment

Just testing the Latest ATV 09:00 Build-Upload ...

Google Play Movies works great watching the free trailer for Sintel - With DD+ 5.1 Audio
                      Netflix HD 1080p - Great DD+ 5.1

Netflix wouldn't load Video overlay until I stopped Google Play Movies working in the background.

Got the Terminal Back (Thx)

ongoing testing ...

Comment

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

I have Mi Box 3 and Mecool M8S PRO+

While Mi has a good performance, Mecool is dying on WiFi connection (sometimes drops). Even it is near router.

I will try to use another adapter and check if there is any difference.

They send me EU adapter. No, I am not in UK. I just wonder if the source of bad WiFi is power supply or not.

Thank you
                        Doesn't the Mi use the same plug size ? If so you have an easy test supply.

Comment

Hi, just want to thank Magendanz for the great ROM,
                          Mine arrive last month from Geekbuying and so far no problem updating using usb burning tools to update..From stock to OEM 0919, then to Stock ATV 0930 & just now 1001.. I even dont know yet my board revision or eMMC installed inside.

One question regarding latest firmware 1001 which include driver for HID devices: How to connect my ps3 controller using USB to this box? Tried both the usb ports but failed..

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I added the kernel module and key maps to support it, but I unfortunately don't have a PS3 controller to test it. Can you try the following command from Terminal?

insmod /system/lib/modules/hid-sony.ko

(You might need to type "su" first to enter superuser mode.)

UPDATE: It looks like that kernel modules has some unknown symbols. I need to find a version that works on Nougat (or a missing supporting library).

Originally posted by Meiden View Post
                          I've got a 5.1 eMMC version, labeled as SEC 649. I was able to install without problems 20170825 Megandan's ROM. Just a few minutes ago I was able to flash via OTA (TWRP), the latest 20171001 build succesfully.

So not all the 5.1 memories are faulty.
                          Can you share the link for: 20170825 Megandan's ROM.

I've box with sec 652. I want to try this rom

Comment

OK - dropped in the 20171001 tv stock build and it went in without a hitch - thank you!

A couple of things to report...first, it still shows as rooted - so playstation vue will not run. Is there a way to unroot and keep the tvstock?

Second - added my hauppauge xbox one usb tuner and live channels scanned and added the ota channels. Playback of these channels is still broken with the video not playing back properly. It plays at about 1 frame per second. The audio continues to run fine behind the stuttering video. Not sure if this is a usb port issue or if there is an issue with mpeg2 hd playback of ts streams. The Pluto chnanels playback fine through live channels - its just the ota channels that are the issue. If someone has a suggestion on a way to test the cause - please let me know.

Thanks again for developing this great rom on cheap hardware!

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Install "cpu temp" and monitor your temps. In the settings you can have it stay on your monitor as an overlay. Let us know what your temps are.
                            hi mate temps go to 85c after few h of use ....i will try with biger heatsink....

Comment

Working...
                            X