Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I tried below command using terminal & su:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/hid-sony.ko

But it failed because no such file or directory, although I can see just before I hit tab command insmod /system/lib/modules/hid.. & then it shows there are 3 options: hid-dr.ko, hid-ps3remote.ko & hid-sony.ko

How about that?

Btw, I just notice that when I power off tv, the box will follow to poweroff itself and I have to restart. FYI, I am dual booting with libreelec, so when my box power on it will load libreelec and then to enter android I need to reboot from internal..

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If you type "dmesg" after the insmod, you'll see from the logs that it actually isn't a missing file, but unknown symbols...basically a missing library. Most likely this is because it's running in an unfamiliar environment...Nougat. So, I need to find newer versions of these kernel modules.

Unfortunately, my usual repositories for these (Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV, Xiaomi Mi Box) all have their own dedicated game controllers, and so including drivers for PS3 and generic controllers hasn't been a priority for them. They want to sell their own hardware accessories.

1 comment
    • Magendanz
      #795.1

Magendanz commented
      10-03-2017, 23:52

Ah, you're right. Can't believe they completely removed it. Wow! Can I assume we've checked the M8S Pro location, underneath the pin hole?
    • Nothing there either just the empty holes for a Switch (K1 I think ?? - I've screwed it back together)

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you post a photo of the underside of the PCB?

OK thanks for the explaination.

And what about power tv off will shutdown the box, is it normal?
    Is there any issue, because I have change powerkey definition to shutdown & standby, both will not effected the behaviour..

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No, that's definitely a bug. Happens in the OEM firmware too.

PCB Board revision still the same as unit i first received In July

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yep, same board, they have just stopped soldering the front facing switch in place.
      Kingston eMMC must be pin compatible I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Yep, same board, they have just stopped soldering the front facing switch in place.
        That sucks.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Rud14n View Post
          OK thanks for the explaination.

And what about power tv off will shutdown the box, is it normal?
          Is there any issue, because I have change powerkey definition to shutdown & standby, both will not effected the behaviour..
          Turn off HDMI CEC

Comment

1 comment

Magendanz
            #797.1
            Magendanz commented
            10-04-2017, 00:34
            Could you post a photo of the underside of the PCB?
            Looks the same as Trebor's pic in his review.

I can unscrew it tomorrow and take a pic if you really want to see my box's bottom !
            I was only looking at it from the point of view of checking for a reset switch of course ....

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Now doesn't that just sound dirty. ;-)

No, I trust that it's probably the same. We devs were discussing offline and some were curious.

• trebor
              trebor commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds wrong yes but anyways ;-)
              Just to be sure if you can.

Just noticed that Trebor's early July review box (170710 review date - No build sticker) has a 5.1 eMMC while my later August arrival (170819) has a 5.0 version eMMC (Build date 170703)
            Maybe I was lucky to get an old stock chip as Trebor's must surely have been built before my box.

Comment

Just remembered someone asked about removing the SOC Heatsink ...

I just twisted it of - A bit off carefully applied brute ignorance - It is held with what looks like a blob of silicone mastic type thermal glue.
              Last edited by P.X; 10-04-2017, 01:52.

Comment

2 comments

Magendanz
                #803.1
                Magendanz commented
                10-04-2017, 01:00
                Now doesn't that just sound dirty. ;-)

No, I trust that it's probably the same. We devs were discussing offline and some were curious.

trebor
                #803.2
                trebor commented
                10-04-2017, 01:13
                Sounds wrong yes but anyways ;-)
                Just to be sure if you can.
                Sorry, I just couldn't resist

Will do ...........

Comment

They're probably trying to eliminate methods of getting into recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by WetWilly View Post

They're probably trying to eliminate methods of getting into recovery.
                    Tweakers connecting USB A-A and doing naughty things !

Comment

HI, I have the M8S_PRO+-V0321_TVStock-20170825 installed. I wanted to update so I tried reboot recovery in the terminal which failed in that the box rebooted but the TV received no signal, just a blank screen. So I tried to boot into recovery by pressing the reset button and plugging in the power. Same result. I am wondering if the rom I have has wiped stock recovery and TWRP. Am I stuck?

Comment

Turn off HDMI CEC
                        I haven't tried that but I prefer using my TV remote as HDMI cec working well.
                        I'll try that later when I get home. Thx. 

Comment

Working...
                        X