Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Actually, standard ATV density is 320dpi, which was problematic for a lot of non-ATV apps. However, 280 might be a good compromise.

As for the kernel changes, as I policy I always release with unmodified OEM kernels. (I just don't have the confidence that I'm not going to make things worse.) If superceleron tells me it's the right thing to do, however, I'll consider it.
    well you can do it, but you need to get a updated kernel or you will have problems!

Comment

Please at least change this in the XBMC section of init.amlogic.rc - it does not have regression effects on anything else.

Code:
      chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode
      Most tablet Android Apps do not work properly on Android TV anyway so it makes no sense IMHO having some sort of quasimodo DPI compromise that does not produce proper picture scaling results for either ATV or tablet Android Apps.

Exhibit A - being the Android TV Live Channels App with an improper DPI leading to unaligned OSD banners.

I agree with superceleron some mods need to be done before going 320 DPI. I tested and there are boot issues.

Is there a Github codesource of the AML Linux Kernel used for this release anywhere ?
      Last edited by wrxtasy; 08-16-2017, 12:16.

Comment

Congratulations for your work.

When do intend to fix the "More settings" issue?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by filiperuivo View Post
          When do intend to fix the "More settings" issue?
          Do you have a fix for the lack of ActionBar support on Android TV? I spent a day looking into a workaround a couple of months ago, and didn't see anything obvious. I'm hesitant to spend more time on it when I should be working on updates and Nougat releases for Amlogic S905X and Rockchip RK3328.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Do you have a fix for the lack of ActionBar support on Android TV? I spent a day looking into a workaround a couple of months ago, and didn't see anything obvious. I'm hesitant to spend more time on it when I should be working on updates and Nougat releases for Amlogic S905X and Rockchip RK3328.
            I'm just asking

I'm a noob in Android programming...
            But if you tell me where to looking for and how I can find the specific file, I be glad to help, at least try
            ​​​​​​:-)

PS- Can you tell me a good tutorial for make a custom rom?

Comment

Is this rom allready run on p212?

Comment

Hi, thank you for your support. Im newbie in this website, I have bought the me cool m8s pro+ 2 gb/16 gb, and Id like to use your android tv rom, but I don't know which are the way to do it correct.

Can you send me a tutorial or a youtube link explain for dummies as I am.??

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jdeacon View Post
                Hi, thank you for your support. Im newbie in this website, I have bought the me cool m8s pro+ 2 gb/16 gb, and Id like to use your android tv rom, but I don't know which are the way to do it correct.

Can you send me a tutorial or a youtube link explain for dummies as I am.??

Thanks.
                No need for video.

Its very easy

Download the OTA UPDATE and copy to a formated micro sd card.

Insert de micro sd card into the box.

Power on the box normally, then enter the app menu and find the one called UPDATE the icon is a blue ball with arrows.

When open, check the "Wipe Data" box, and then click "Local Update" button. In the next screen you have to select the OTA UPDATE file that you downloaded and copied to the sd card.

​​​​​The box going to reboot and start installing the rom. Wait a few minutes, and you are done
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​

Comment

Ok, its perfect, can do it in a pen drive too?

Comment

No, i don't believe you can

Comment

Thanks for the Rom. Really great update comparing to the stock Rom.

Can I add bluetooth usb to this box to make it works with bluetooth remote? I'd like to use it with Mi remote.

Anyway will the next update have a fix for autorefresh rate? If so I will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by jdeacon View Post
                        Ok, its perfect, can do it in a pen drive too?
                        I used a Fat32 formatted USB Stick and it was fine.

Comment

Thanks, I order the box at Gearbest for 34 euros
                          2 GB RAM/16 GB ROM

Perfect for my room.

According to this video, Netflix Android Tv works in 1080p

$38 Android box that plays Netflix in 1080P. Live TV plays flawlessly with this box. Here is the link to the box from Geekbuying (I have no affiliation wit...

Comment

Just a thought - if we have the Android TV interface with the Live Channels app - could we integrate the kernel modules for usb tuner support??

Something similar to this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...live-channels/

Maybe using driver/firmware/media_build from: https://github.com/Jetson-TX1-Androi...tv_video4linux

Or the CrazyCat media_build from the LibreELEC project???

Would love to get live OTA tv working on this. I've ordered mine for trying this out - but who knows when it will get here. Just thought I'd check to see what others thought. :-)
                            Last edited by edit4ever!; 08-23-2017, 16:33.

Comment

I second that wholeheartedly ! I am eager to receive my M8S Pro+ and to tinker with it.
                              BTW does anyone know if this firmware supports high-res PCM audio (96/24 or 192/24) over HDMI ?

Comment

Working...
                              X