Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Android OS resamples Hi Res Audio. There is a whole Kodi thread about it:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...512#pid2397512

You will have better success with Hi-Res Audio when using LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - especially Multichannel PCM Audio.

BTW: I have a TWRP installable boot.img that enables the correct permissions for FTMC / SPMC - aka Kodi Jarvis - dynamic refresh switching.
    However there are AMLogic bugs in the Systemcontrol binary file that cause re-refresh issues when skipping about video when you have HDMI-Adaptation active.

If that could be compiled from the source I likely know what to comment out to fix the issue.

Comment

• superceleron
      superceleron commented
      Editing a comment
      Check Khadas git source

Thanks! I had some hope 'cause AFAIK the Nvidia Shield is capable of high-res audio on Android due to the features of the NuPlayer player (https://forum.kodi.tv/printthread.php?tid=259408&page=2).

Anyway, glad to know there is always the LE/Kodi route...
    Last edited by demasiado; 08-24-2017, 22:43.

Comment

Now that android O has hit the nexus player, is there a plan to upgrade the rom?

Comment

We first need stock OEM firmware built with the Amlogic SDK 8.0, which isn't released yet.

Comment

Hi all, Thanks for the your work ( Magendanz )

In the specifications of the Mecool M8S Pro plus.

CPU: AMG-S905X 64 bit Quad-core ARM® -A53 up to 2GHz
          GPU: Penta-core ARM® Mali ™ -450
          RAM: 2GB DDRIII
          ROM: 16GB
          WiFi: Built in 2.4G WiFi Support IEEE 802.11 b / g / n
          Ethernet: 10M / 100M
          Video Decord: H.265 4K @ 60fps 10btis, VP9 Profile 2
          HDR: HDR 10, HLG HDR
          DRM Supported: Google Widevine Level1

Netflix 1080p works fine?

With the Beeling GT1 with Android Tv =, Netflix does not even launch, we have to install an apk android but have to control with the mouse and keyboard, not too good for me.

Is the Netflix Android Tv version running on the Mecool?

Thank you

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, because of the Widevine L1 cert on the M8S Pro+. Sadly, neither the GT1 or the M8S Pro have this, even though they're considered higher-end devices.

Thank you very much Megendanz, I think this is the best value for money with: DRM Supported: Google Widevine Level1.

Think you make updates for the future for Android Tv 7?

Is there any other Chinese box with DRM Supported: Google Widevine Level1?

Thank you

Comment

A dirt cheap CSR v4.0 Bluetooth USB receiver works with LibreELEC on this MECOOL if it is plugged into the front left USB socket.

Code:
            Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
            I also get a Bluelight on this USB receiver in Android TV. Looks like its module is loaded. Just need to enable it in Android settings somehow.

2.4GHz WiFi is also working with this ATV ROM

Comment

Following

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Comment

Feedback for Guest if you are compiling another ROM release.
                I'm using a ro.sf.lcd_density=298

For a lot better ATV GUI visibility. If I use 300 I get a Bootloop on the Android bootup screen which I understand is a known issue.

Comment

Changelog (20170825):
                  • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20170815.182813.V0321)
                  • Underlying OEM firmware is now pre-rooted, and so ours is too
                  • Replaced Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator with Terminal app from LineageOS, tweaking manifest so that it always shows in launcher
                  • Included additional keyboard layouts and kernel modules for USB gamepads
                  • Included full Amlogic burn packages as well as OTA updates
                  • Latest build from Open GApps (20170825)

Comment

So, with the new pre-rooted firmware, I wasn't able to get Netflix to produce any higher resolution than 720x480. Can anyone else?

I'm thinking that we'll need to create a script to unroot the device, if that's the only way to restore 1080p playback on Netflix.

Comment

After using the last OTA update google play store disappeared too.

Comment

I installed your new img file using the USB burn method. The "Store" keeps showing "Google Play Store has stopped", when I click on the magnifying glass to search for Netflix. So, I can't even get Netflix installed from the play store.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, I found the bug with search on TVStock. (I took a newer version of Katniss from Fugu, and it had an x86 lib.) A fix is forthcoming.

Originally posted by lambass
                        MINIMXIII-II
                        Great news, maybe we will eventually have an android tv nougat custom rom for these p212 boxes.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep, I'm working on it. Was updating the M8S Pro+ ROMs late last night, which I needed to do prior to matching them with this new kernel.

If you didn't pick this up from earlier comments, I picked up a couple of bugs when I grabbed newer versions of Google Search (Katniss) and the Android TV Package Installer (CanvasPackageInstaller) from the latest factory ROMs posted for the Nexus Player. I've since reverted to the previous versions, and it seems to have fixed the issues.

Since I was a bit time constrained, there was no new official release. If you use the old links, you'll pick up the changes.

Comment

Working...
                        X