Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to update from OEM 08.15 ROM to the latest OEM ROM via the OTA app. Can I use your oem but "-fixed" files?
    Last edited by Davvid; 12-09-2017, 12:53.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Using the OEM firmware with stock recovery, you don't need the -fixed version. That's only for updating from TWRP or downgrading.

Look at 3m40s.......Miracast is working on his M8s Pro+ but i have also a Samsung (Marshmallow) and it isn't working for me. How is it possible???
    2017 MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS - Android 7.1 Nougat TV Box Review ► Buy from Banggood: https://goo.gl/HqQ3o7 (20% OFF Coupon: 20MM8P6) ------ ► Extra 20% OFF For T...
    Last edited by hansdampf; 12-10-2017, 00:14.

Comment

hello i have a mecool m8s pro plus 2g/16 but label says s912 is this possible or whats rom should i download very confused. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by polpus View Post
        If anyone has an M8S Pro+ with the affected eMMC that got bricked while updating and already got a refund/replacement, and you'd like to sell me the bricked unit, please PM me with your price.
        I would be more interested to know how you want to fix it
        I have done everything possible, Masked ROM mode, normal mode, multiple cables, multiple USB ports, multiple computers, multiple versions of amlogic burn tool. Also tried SD card recovery method.
        Can't get past 4%, sometimes goes up to 8% or 11% but always failed. Tried at least 100 times.
        Can I use JTAG or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by smalltom199 View Post
          hello i have a mecool m8s pro plus 2g/16 but label says s912 is this possible or whats rom should i download very confused. thank you
          Take the heatsink off the chip and check if it is really S912 I guess

Comment

smalltom199:

My unit also had the 912 label on the inside, however, it is a 905x in mine. I think this was just a case of wrong label applied.
            Mine was shipped from the EU Belgium as a warranty replacement for my bricked unit from GB. Has the latest released O.S.

SEC 728 B041
            KLmagijenb
            Label M8S pro + s912 2g/16G ddr3 D5
            debug 7.1.1 NHG47L
            2017 09 19.150577.v0619
            Kernel Version 3.14.29

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              You want to do this in the following order:

- Disconnect everything from the box (power, USB, HDMI, etc.)
              - Open USB Burning Tool, load the .img file, and press Start
              - Short the reset switch pins
              - Insert the USB cable into the USB OTG port (closest to the power connector)
              - Hold the reset pins shorted until you hear the Windows sound for USB device discovery
              - Release the short

The flash should automatically start when the WorldCup driver discovers the device.

THANKS THANKS THANKS, MASTER
              After some attemps, I understood that the problem is not the procedure or the contacts to short pin.
              The problem was the USB M/M Cable. I used a USB A M/F Cable with an Adapter USB-AM/USB-AM connected to the Female connector.
              When I use ONLY the USB-AM/USB-AM adapter (as a connector between the M8S PRO+ PCB and my DesktopComputer) holding the reset pin shorted, the flash start and now I'm a happy user of the Pure Nexus Project Experience.
              Thanks again Magendanz for your patience, your advices, your time.

knowledge is multiplied if shared!
              Thanks to
              taught me somenthing new

Comment

Changelog (20171210):
                • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
                • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
                • Resolved permissions issue with legacy Android TV Remote service, the one that works without Bluetooth.
                • Latest build from Open GApps (20171210)
                Known Bugs:
                • Wake from sleep will usually result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
                • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but sometimes quits unexpectedly when connected.
                Download:

Comment

12-10-17 update went well using twrp. I've once again attempted to use the Live Channels app with a Hauppauge usb tuner. Once I connect the tuner it sets up fine, runs the channel scan and loads the program guide. However, playback of live TV channels does not work. Audio comes through fine, but the video plays back at 1 frame per second. I'm wondering if it's an issue with sending the ts stream to the mpeg2 hardware decoder? Maybe something is different in the way the M8S Pro+ is configured compared to the Nexus Player the TV rom is based on???

I'm happy to do some testing/trouble shooting - but not sure where to start. Any thoughts?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, this version included the Amlogic codec public libraries fix, so it's probably an issue with another codec used by the Hauppauge USB tuner.

Thanks for the latest update will try it just wondering with Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app can i flash between the stock and custom roms within it ?

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, but the OEM update script won't let you downgrade and it also has a bug that won't let it install from TWRP. I've uploaded some "-fixed" versions here: http://freaktab.org/5~f

Hello Magendanz, and thank you for your great work.

I just received my MeCool M8S Pro Plus unit and opened the box to examine the eMMC module. Here is the information stamped on the chip:

1652KAE
                  THGBMBG7D2KBAIL
                  VD5815 CHINA

A Google search of the second line indicates that this is a Toshiba part.

Is there any way to know if the ATV ROM flash that you offer would brick this box containing this particular chip? Thanks very much.

Comment

Just updated to the last firmware. But there is still issue with auto refresh rate as I posted with the 20171001 firmware (post 675310), this bug still be present.

That is, when using "chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode" to enable auto refresh rate with SPMC the screen goes black after change refresh rate.

However if I use kodi amlogic script frequency addon, it will work fine with SPMC17, Kodi17. But with SPMC16, which is the only version that can playback live tv at 50hz without problem, I will get error "fail to get source framerate" so live tv will not change to 50hz.

Now I guess I will have to go back to 0825 firmware again. It's the version that have no problem with auto refresh rate.

Thanks.
                    WARNING: There's a bad batch of M8S Pro+ boxes which are experiencing regular freezing and crashes. We've narrowed the source of the problem down to a Samsung eMMC

Comment

I took a chance and loaded it onto usb worked first time such a great image thank you so much magendanz for your work will be ordering more boxes to tinker with lol

Comment

Hi just had a little play with the latest rom working great so far no more error when keep back button held and brought up voice error and i now see the factory reset working within menu just wondering about the inbuilt update if you make future updates can it be done online through that ?

I made mistake by enabling RGB in display settings when restarted box after 10 secs screen would go blank but still hear sounds so had to quickly go back into that setting and turn it off before screen went blank after booting

Thanks again for such great rom makes the box so much better

Comment

Originally posted by longnt View Post
                        - Edit and repack this rom, open updater-script in zip and delete all lines except this line (for disable device check and disable overwrite bootloader/kernel/dtb from p21x firmware):
                        block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
                        I try this several time but always get the message of corrupt or invalid file.

Can you confirm that the updater-script should contain only 1 single line that says exactly this?

block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");

Comment

Working...
                        X