Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    It's possible, but some modifications to the kernel and device tree may be necessary. I also don't know anyone who can modify bootloaders (since none of us have access yet to the Amlogic SDK 7.1), and so you'd have to get lucky and have that work as is.
    Thanks for the response. Can anyone who has tried this rom on a S905X Android 6.0 box please give a feedback on here, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by longnt View Post
      Great rom! Working with my T95N 2GB/8GB and 9082C wifi too. Thank you for hard work.
      Is this box originally Android 6.0 please?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Is this box originally Android 6.0 please?
        Yes, it's come with Android 6.0. Look at this thread to upgrade to 7.1 first then you can use this rom
        Well...I just flash Android 7.1.1 from U2+ device in my T95x 2 gb of ram and 8 gb of rom with the wifi chip realteck 8189. What I did: -Download the firmware from

Comment

I have a S905x based unit with 1GB DRAM - will this work on this?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, not any S905X device, but a 1GB M8S Pro+ should be fine. I haven't tested with that hardware, but the OEM firmware that this is based on was created for both 2/16G and 1/8G configs.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2017, 02:17.

Originally posted by longnt View Post

Yes, it's come with Android 6.0. Look at this thread to upgrade to 7.1 first then you can use this rom
          I already have Magendanz Android TV Rom installed on my mini m8s ii 6.0, i was simply wondering whether i can just install this rom straight up on it.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I don't believe that you can apply this ROM (for the p21x reference board) to the Mini M8S II (which uses the p212 reference board). Basically, I don't believe the kernel and device tree are compatible, and I assume that there was a reason that Amlogic felt the need to rev the reference boards for Nougat.

If I can find an OEM Nougat build for p212, I can use that as a foundation for custom ROMs on those devices. Beelink was nice enough to publish a Nougat build for the GT1 (q201 reference board) and my goal is to bring Android TV 7.1 to that next.

Hope Beelink will do the same, and publish a Nougat build for p212 reference board.

Comment

Guest Thank you for this new ROM!

I have a new A95X 1G/8G S905X that I'd like to try this on. Would I be OK putting this ROM on it?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            That's another Amlogic p212 reference board, so see above. Superceleron and I have been discussing offline whether the p21x kernel and dtb would work on these older reference boards, and we've got some trials to run. Until then, I'd hold off trying to flash this on any device but the M8S Pro+.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll hold off and hopefully it's a possibility in the future.

Comment

Like Magendanz said, there is incompatiable between p21x and p212 board, you must find Nougat build of p212 first. I already point to U2+ 905x firmware thread that make all p212 boards can run on Nougat build. After that you can mix bootloader, kernel, dtb from p212 boards with system from this p21x rom to make your p212 run Android TV 7.1.1 like me. If you want to know how to do, here is the guide:

Requirements:
            - Know to use AML Burning tool to upgrade your device to 7.1 with U2+ image first (there is a mac license check you must know mac address of your box too, usually a sticker on back side print these mac address).
            - Know to edit and repack zip.
            - Know to use TWRP to install zip file and copy file (to fix remote).
            - Backup /system/etc/remote.conf from your current working rom.

How to install:
            - Flash U2+ firmware and make it boot first time (because you have been erased all so you need to boot to make bootloader format your data partition).
            - Edit and repack this rom, open updater-script in zip and delete all lines except this line (for disable device check and disable overwrite bootloader/kernel/dtb from p21x firmware):
            block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
            - Copy TWRP recovery.img to sdcard and boot to TWRP (insert sdcard then hold recovery button while plug the power on).
            - Use TWRP to install modified zip file.
            - Mount system partition, copy your backup remote.conf to /system/etc. You will stuck in Setup Wizard if your remote not work, somehow Magendanz have been disabled TouchUI in framework-res.apk so mouse doesn't work too.
            - Reboot and enjoy Android TV 7.1 on your T95N, T95X, Mini M8S.... or whatever p212 boards which can running U2+ image.

Warning: DON'T WIPE DATA IN TWRP or you will make your box become soft brick (need AML Burning tool or Burn card maker to recovery).

Some pictures that I'm running this rom
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
            Last edited by longnt; 07-30-2017, 05:52.

Comment

OK, so just to be sure.... I currently have installed this ROM 'update_MINIMXIII-II_112M0_TVStock-20170606.zip'. Can I download 'M8S_PRO+-V0321_TVStock-20170727.zip'. boot to TWRP recovery, wipe and install this?
              Thanks, Andy

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Only if you want to be on the bleeding edge. It's not been tested by me, and I'm wary of installing any image on a different reference board design (no matter how closely related). There's a chance it might work, though.

OK, so it didn't work. My device is a P21x....

Comment

Which device? In the OEM build.prop, does ro.product.board=p21x? Or is it p212?

Comment

Does the original remote work with this rom? Sorry newbie question

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. You usually only run into issues with the remote and wireless chipset if you flash a ROM built for another device.

Originally posted by ADB View Post
                  OK, so just to be sure.... I currently have installed this ROM 'update_MINIMXIII-II_112M0_TVStock-20170606.zip'. Can I download 'M8S_PRO+-V0321_TVStock-20170727.zip'. boot to TWRP recovery, wipe and install this?
                  Thanks, Andy
                  You can't upgrade straight from Android 6.0 because different partition between Android 6.0 and 7.1 firmware. If you happy with current Android 6.0 TV then there is no point to upgrade to 7.1 because I don't see any new features with 7.1 after using a few days:

- Vulkan: S905X use old Mali 450 which only support OpenGL ES 2.0, only S912 benefit this.
                  - PIP: In media_codecs.xml tell us that S905X only support 1 video decoding stream so PIP not really work (Live channels playing in backgroud will make Youtube not playing anything).
                  - Recent apps: I don't think Android TV need this feature.
                  - Live channels: Now it can recognize Full HD UDP multicast stream instead downscale to SD like Android 6.0 framework.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz. You sir are a fully fledged legend

Comment

Working...
                    X