Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much Magendanz, gleefully awaiting your P212 version of this rom.

Comment

Yes Thanks ME TOO lol
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hello.
        Many thanks for your hard work. I'm struggling to boot this ROM. Installed TWRP and rebooted to it. Made a factory reset and installed the zip in 1st post with TWRP and already tried in OTA UPDATE app in the stock 7.1.1 mecool m8s pro+ app.
        The results are the same. In the boot nexus appears, after that Android words for half a second then nothing more. The screen is gray and mouse pointer appears.
        What am i doing wrong?   Thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          You still have access to TWRP, right? (Press that PITA reset button as you're connecting power.) I'd go in there, do a data wipe, and reinstall the .zip file. If that doesn't work, I'd use the same process to revert to the OEM ROM: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZ0AQ7C7usnQkdjh3A

Originally posted by Fisolle View Post
        Does this device and ROM support automatic refresh rate switching?
        quote:
        with KODO or SPMC this ROM auto-switch fps/hz(23,976 and 759,94 ) and HD audio pass-trough work?
        Last edited by looun; 08-03-2017, 11:01.

Comment

Heya Guest great work and thanks for your dedication to this ROM! Just curious how the live channels portion is coming along? I would love to get Live channels running against my tvheadend server.

** Heard of any other Stock Android TV roms I could throw on this device that have functional live channels? Thanks for everything man! ++

--Nye

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Live Channels was working fine for me. In fact, I included a screen shot. (However, it wouldn't let me take a screen shot when video was playing for copyright reasons.) Remember, you have to add a Live Channels service (e.g. Pluto, Haystack, Bloomberg, etc.) before the app will show up in the launcher. (Yeah, I know it's stupid, but that's the way they designed it.)

Guest "May you live to be a thousand years old ... "

Remember, you have to add a Live Channels service (e.g. Pluto, Haystack, Bloomberg, etc.) before the app will show up in the launcher.
          Feel like a nub ... totally stealed the deal. Now I just have to debug why it runs like crap then crashes after a few minutes. I do have a A95x box I was going to mess around with. Many thanks!

Comment

Can I install this on a z69?

Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 + Android 6.0 OS box?

-edit-

Reading through seems to be a cautionary wait until more testing. Don't know how to delete. How to delete comments?
            Last edited by Icy9; 08-06-2017, 04:42.

Comment

Originally posted by longnt View Post

You can't upgrade straight from Android 6.0 because different partition between Android 6.0 and 7.1 firmware. If you happy with current Android 6.0 TV then there is no point to upgrade to 7.1 because I don't see any new features with 7.1 after using a few days:

- Vulkan: S905X use old Mali 450 which only support OpenGL ES 2.0, only S912 benefit this.
              - PIP: In media_codecs.xml tell us that S905X only support 1 video decoding stream so PIP not really work (Live channels playing in backgroud will make Youtube not playing anything).
              - Recent apps: I don't think Android TV need this feature.
              - Live channels: Now it can recognize Full HD UDP multicast stream instead downscale to SD like Android 6.0 framework.
              What Android 6.0 TV rom do you recommend? I'm new and have a Z69

- 2GB+16GB US

Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 + 4K + Android 6.0 OS

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

To save you some effort, I've pre-packaged everything that longnt discusses here into one .img file:

So, I've just repackaged this system build with the U2+ Nougat kernel. I've added my latest TWRP recovery for p212 (using the U2+ recovery kernel) and eliminated the MAC keys that required licenses. Note that this system build hasn't yet been customized for p212. Specifically,

- Bluetooth is still disabled (because the M8S PRO+ doesn't have it)
                - Key maps for remote controls need to be updated in the device tree
                - Wireless drivers need to be updated
                - Widevine L1 libs need to be swapped for L3 versions

All that will be forthcoming in a custom ROM for the p212, but this should give folks a head start if they want to live on the bleeding edge.

What would happen if I installed on a

Z69 TV Box - 2GB+16GB US
                Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 + 4K + Android 6.0 OS

box?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post
                  Thanks very much Magendanz, gleefully awaiting your P212 version of this rom.
                  Hi Magendanz, sorry to be pain, do you have any idea when you will have this rom ready for P212 board please?

Comment

Guest Hi friend. I received one of the first devices. I flashed your great rom using local update. Firmware says no root access. I wonder why my satellite app say cant play due to root access. Today I check. Es file manager has root access. Reboot app working needs root access. Root checker say box has root access. How is this possible as I did not root. Your firmware say no root access. Please help to unroot this box with suggestion

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't know what to tell you, friend. I didn't root the firmware, but both SuperSU and Magisk were tested successful. I can check to be sure when I get home.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2017, 20:10.

I could install netflix from playstore, so it's not rooted.

Thank you, installed fine on my boxes, no problems.

I'm still not a fan of android TV tho. I like the status bar, I like the nav bar, and I like being able to click anywhere...
                    ​​​​​

Comment

I know, thank you, I saw, but I believe it was said that it does not do 1080p netflix? I tried various apps and no luck on stock, so went straight to this. The different apks generate different ESN numbers. I notice this android TV ROM spoofs a nexus player on this one, as it puts it in the ESN. I think wetek are the only people who make non atv boxes that can play 1080p + netflix.

So, a mod of the other ROM might work, who knows.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I rolled back most of my device spoofing efforts, since it's a losing battle that confuses the installer scripts. The only thing I kept is the Netflix ro.nrdp.modelgroup setting for the Nexus Player.

Did you do that spoofing for the non atv version?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope. Those have always stayed as consistent as possible with the OEM build.prop.

The wetek play 2 doesn't even have ro.nrdp so it can't be that, also, the ESN on this box has amlogic in it. I think this will be able to do 4k, but it need something more substantial doing to it, spoofing will not achieve it. Wetek play 2 could not do 4k on lollipop but they got it working for mm.

I don't even have a 4k TV, do not sure why I'm bothered really. I just think that a Chinese box that can play 4k netflix that is this cheap will help the scene, as it means DRM works and these boxes aren't just used for kodi...

Comment

Working...
                    X