Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullghost View Post
    Hi , i need help,

TWRP recovery when try to mount sdcard, that is the log

Click image for larger version Name:	M8-SPP-TWRPERR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	802775

please anyone can help me with this,
    thanks in advance
    hi like to share the working twrp , i modified the twrp to able read my board , i found out its was Spectek Nand L95B

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261814974

if your board have nand same as mine , after flash it, you will see TWRP like this , then its working with your board
    Last edited by bullghost; 06-17-2020, 17:29.

Comment

Originally posted by bullghost View Post

hi like to share the working twrp , i modified the twrp to able read my board , i found out its was Spectek Nand L95B

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261814974

if your board have nand same as mine , after flash it, you will see TWRP like this , then its working with your board
      how did you modify?

Comment

My box is the new batch with no reset button, to flash the file with Amlogic USB Burning Tool, do I just need to connect a USB male to male cable or do I need to press the reset button?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

how did you modify?
          just as normal modification of twrp to make twrp compatible with other device, you can find out by open the twrp for see the changes

Comment

Originally posted by Casterina View Post
            My box is the new batch with no reset button, to flash the file with Amlogic USB Burning Tool, do I just need to connect a USB male to male cable or do I need to press the reset button?
            yes same mine also doesnt have button, we just need added by our self,
            to flash USB Burning tool no need press anything just plug and detect. there is many tutorial on this forum or youtube , you can easily find it.

Comment

Hi everyone. How to unroot this room? One app doesnt work so i need to unroot

Comment

Hello,

I have install "update_M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20171001.zip" on my M8S Pro+
                All is ok but how can install last update (Update 20180806) ?
                I can access TWRP and update in Android TV menu but update does not work. (I haven't got USB cable to update with USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker)
                I cannot do this update ?

Other question : I cannot acces to Amazon Prime Video with this firmware. It is not possible ?

Thanks in advance
                Last edited by chtom; 02-02-2021, 17:24.

Comment

crashed my device last week
                  well - we have 2022
                  flashed this rom again
                  device is alive again
                  thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by almamater View Post
                    Hello, i need your help!!

My Box:
                    MECOOL M8S PRO +
                    ANDROID 7.1.1
                    KERNEL VERSION 3.14.29 - SEP 2017

When i bought it in 2017 i update the firmware for this version: "update_M8S_PRO+-V0928_TVStock-20171216"

I created one SdCard with Libreelec TV and all worked fine until now. But yesterdar the RedBull TV App stopped working and i tried to update my box again but now i cant not do it and i dont know why..

Update File: M8S_PRO+-V0928_Nano-20180706.img from http://freaktab.org/27~f

I make the SDCard image with Burn_Card_Maker and, As i don't have the reset button, i must short the pins and power up the box with the SDCard inside.

The box enter in recovery menu but this is what happens:
                    • With the SDCard inside:
                    • Without the SDCard but in recovery Mode, i cant install anything, i Wiped all the Data:

And now, as i wiped all the data from the internal storage\partition, i can not boot because there is no OS installed... :\

Can someone help me with this please?
                    Hi guys
                    I have the same problem as you, but I can't solve it.
                    When connecting the TV Box to the PC, with the USB Burning Tool open and the image loaded, nothing just happens. The PC does not recognize the device in any way.
                    I'm desperate. I've tried to short in the usual places but I can't.
                    Can somebody help me?
                    Thank you! (sorry for my english)

Comment

Hi,

I come back after a long time to ask you if an update is possible?
                      I stayed on update_M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20171001.zip and I put it away in its box.

I don't know which would be better, update Android tv with the latest update (20190213) or switch to librelec or Corelec.

It would be to put in our room to cast or watch directly on it (netflix, youtube disney+, prime etc..) and watch movies on a nas.

Do you think it's still possible?
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X