Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexbox A95X on Nexus ROM 7.1 TWRP Bricked (Solved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexbox A95X on Nexus ROM 7.1 TWRP Bricked (Solved)

Hello

I flashed my box on U2 + p212_V0321_TVStock-20170730.img.
    everything ran perfect for me except remote.
    Over the reset button I came then no longer in the recovery menu.
    the only possibility was via the UPDATE & BACKUP function by selecting update.zip and pressing update. (Recovery.img+update.zip on sdcard)
    so I could connect again to the computer and also came into the TWRP Recovery menu.
    The problem what I have now is that I have deleted in the TWRP Recovery menu everything (data, system, etc.) and re-started.
    Now the box shows only the NEXUS logo. So I can no longer connect to the computer and SD card update does not have any function.
    Reset Button also have no Function.

When I open the Box i see no Pins to short. (see pictures)

I hope someone can help me.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by SemNizzle; 11-28-2017, 17:11.

Second pic top middle - at the end of this 3.5mm jack hole is your reset button.
    Standard toothpick method should bring you into the recovery menu if you have a recovery copied onto the SD card.
    Same for connecting to the computer, if the firmware is not toally shot you should be able to cennect with a proper USB cable.
    That is if the firmware you last installed supports this, if in doubt read it up.

Comment

To reset to factory firmware, you need to flash the Amlogic burn package (.img file) for the original OEM firmware using USB Burning Tool. Your bootloader seems to be intact, so there's no need to open the box and short pins on the eMMC.

Comment

Thanks for answer

but if I press Reset button and want to connect to Computer, nothing happens. Also with the sd card recovery.img. Nothing happens.

so i think the only chance to rescue my box is to short pin but i don‘t know which one i have to short.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, so maybe the bootloader isn't intact, but it's working enough to get you the logo splash (which is usually a very good sign). I'd test the cable and verify you're using the USB OTG port.

Did you create a flashabel sD for USB burn tool with the original firmware?
        The box should boot and update with it.

Comment

Guest My cable works fine also the Port and the USB Burn Tool (Driver). I have flashed many times different Roms.
          Downunder 35m I've created flashable SD with Bootmaker and USB Stick but it won't Start and with the U2+ Firmware i have no Function with the Reset Button. The only way was over the Update&Backup apk trough update.zip dummy file.
          Since I have wiped everything it shows only the logo. If Reset Button would have a Function it would be no Problem to install the Rom.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe a bad reset button? You can try shorting the contacts on the PCB.

just get a sdcard put on the root of it recovery.img (twrp) and dtb.img.
          insert into the device hold reset button and conect power. it should boot to recovery and than you will be able to install the firmware.
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

Does the U2+ Box have a Reset Button? If not maybe this is the Reason that my Reset Button have no Function.
            Guest Reset Button have a Function. Its a Rom Problem 100%

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have a U2+, but when I flash the firmware on other p212 boxes the reset button does work. Unlike other bootloaders, however, you need to hold the reset button in for the box to be discovered by USB Burning Tool. That's not necessary on the Mini M8S II, for example.

Okay Guys

I have successfully unbricked my Nexbox 1G/8G

This is the Way what to do
            - Connect s905x board with PC by UART-Usb. I used pl2303 and Putty. (4 golden holes on the board. pl2302=UART USB and Putty is the Terminal Software. Connect by Serial in my case it was COM3 and Bitrate 115200)
            - Then run Burning Tool.
            - Connect s905x board with PC by male - male USB and press ctrl+c on Putty to stop autoboot.
            - Type "update" and enter. Burning tool will connect success.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by SemNizzle View Post
              Okay Guys

I have successfully unbricked my Nexbox 1G/8G

This is the Way what to do
              - Connect s905x board with PC by UART-Usb. I used pl2303 and Putty. (4 golden holes on the board. pl2302=UART USB and Putty is the Terminal Software. Connect by Serial in my case it was COM3 and Bitrate 115200)
              - Then run Burning Tool.
              - Connect s905x board with PC by male - male USB and press ctrl+c on Putty to stop autoboot.
              - Type "update" and enter. Burning tool will connect success.
              Hi ,

that is for sure interesting for others , but where do you bought that = UART-USB , helpful for others ,

have a nice Day / greetings / gefattern (NRW)

Comment

I've bought mine from Amazon, search for PL2303 und you will find it.

Greets

Comment

Hi SemNizzle ,

Thamks for Info .

gefattern

Comment

Nice shot, but how did you figure how to plug/solder your wires ? (Just for my spare time knowledge)

Comment

I have the same issue on my A95X, all Android 7 roms I've tried ignore the reset button. It could be the bootloader, but without flashing the Android 7 bootloader the roms won't even boot. The only way to get usb burning tool to detect the box is by shorting contacts. Maybe there's a way to make the reset button work again...

Comment

You also get detection with plug usb cable to box and computer and twrp recovery.img and a dummy update.zip on sdcard. With update&backup.apk you choose the zip file from sdcard and when the box begin to boot you have burning tool connection.

We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for IRON+ TV Box and IRON TV Box (update 201709013). New firmware comes with new UI, Android 7.1.2

I use the Iron Firmware now, its Android 7 Firmware and the Reset Button also work.

Comment

Working...
                        X