Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Stock: Android 7.1 Z69 Smart TV BOX S905X 3GB/32GB 802.11b/g/n LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Do I understand that you also see Iron, with Celeron's firmware, as the best option in that price range currently?

I tried Z69, which fails because of over heating.

M96X Max A7 firmware is buggy and A6 firmware runs in 1280 x 720 mode, so also not an option.

Really hard to find a decent box in that price range currently, however there were many available only 6 months ago, and I try to avoid S912 because of the many issues i can read about.

Comment

Just started to pkay with z69 so ill post cooling mod soon. Think it will be ok box once few things worked out.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks I'm looking forward to that.

Comment

Ok got some time to see why heat an issue. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171011_195107-747x1328.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	677417 seems a poor set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171011_193235-747x1328.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	677418 very small pad. Then large metal plate installed it fell off when removed from board. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171011_195028-747x1328.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	677419 some thermal glue and a ok heat sink. Now to start retesting firmware on 6 and 7. Seems to have stopped the heat issue. And below is my spare parts.

Name:	20171011_195107-747x1328.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	677420 More testing and rebuild of the 6 firmware now that heat resolved.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Name:	20171011_193334-747x1328.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	677422 Almost wanted to say wheres the hardware lmao..... Oh my now to play with for bit.

Comment

I tried similar mod, but didn't improve heat issue.

Comment

Mine did... Now to add some vents lol

Comment

OK WE GET A NEW FIRMWARE FOR THE 3/32 Z69...

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2

Seems to have few bugs but slow start... gets bit faster after it' updated Google play ect. Slow menu in settings. Few all don' run right. And it' actually 64 bit. Tested for bit maybe better once few things cleaned up. Load seems down on the kodi resourses.

but at least they updated it.

notifications and Taskbar kinda standard in every device kinda silly that none of these goofy manufactures never include them. Developers have always had them....

good balls lol.

Last edited by scooter2014; 11-10-2017, 01:09.

Comment

New Firmware out bit more snappy.

gets about 33000 in antutu. 64 bit as well. Seems good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Are this firmware have root?

Comment

• scooter2014
                        scooter2014 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes. Rooted.

Few issues found.
                        Gallery crashed if trying to switch wallpaper.
                        Launcher works but no screen saver or wallpaper can work.
                        No notification or task bar.

Hello guys, could u post a video tutorial how to install it on the box? ty.
                      Could anso have a video of it working? I am curious to see XD

Comment

Hello! First of all, I thank you for your help. Buy this android tv in geebuyying and I came with android 7.1.2. Today, the second time I turned it on, I installed supersu from Google Play, everything went well and the binaries have been updated well, but when restarting, it has not rebooted android. I tried to install the firmware again from a usb, but it seems that the reset button does not work. I have also tried flash tools for amlogic, but the pc does not recognize me, because the reset button seems to not work. Can you help me? Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish and I use Google translator

Comment

Good Day
                          Thanks for useful info posting regarding Z69 firmware.
                          I hope this discussion is still being monitored.
                          Apologies that this is not exactly related to the topic discussed but it is as a result of firmware flash.

Has anyone got pointers on solving Kodi jerky video playback on this device with HD videos?
                          I have tried removing stock Kodi and installing 64bit version with no success.
                          VLC works fine with same videos.
                          Device worked okay until issues with Google play services stopping and no internet access. I eventually flashed firmware from Geekbuying to resolve these problems but now Kodi playback is an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

hello to all user , recomended firmware for z69 3/32
                            motherboard model mx173??

android 6.01 , no navigation bar , no info bar , no root

install aplicationn to show statur bar anbd other and not show
                            edit buildpro.pro, to add line , and not working

found a solution to show a bar??? thanks

Comment

Newbie here and I need help with 2 problem how to install kodi on Samsung smart tv I also need to upgrade the firmware android 4.4.2 to Vs 5-6
                              can anyone help???

Comment

Working...
                              X